I am assisting a group of people traveling for a gymnastics meet in January. The meet is downtown, but they wish to avoid paying downtown hotel prices. Can someone recommend an alternative area to stay? They stayed near the airport last year, but it seems like there might be other areas that might have more to offer while they are there. They will be driving to town so staying near the airport offers no advantage. Something reasonably close to the downtown area with decent (mid-range) hotels and restaurants. Any thoughts?
(P.S. People often recommend Priceline, but I can't use Priceline to book a block of rooms.)
THANKS SO MUCH!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 2 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 3 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 4 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 5 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 6 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 7 Parking in Naples Florida
- 8 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 9 San Antonio, Texas
- 10 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 11 Boston Airport Hotels
- 12 Nashville Never Been
- 13 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 14 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 Uber boston
- 17 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
- 18 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 19 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 20 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 21 Colorado Itinerary
- 22 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 23 What is there to do on MAUI
- 24 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 25 Grand Teton National Park Review