I am assisting a group of people traveling for a gymnastics meet in January. The meet is downtown, but they wish to avoid paying downtown hotel prices. Can someone recommend an alternative area to stay? They stayed near the airport last year, but it seems like there might be other areas that might have more to offer while they are there. They will be driving to town so staying near the airport offers no advantage. Something reasonably close to the downtown area with decent (mid-range) hotels and restaurants. Any thoughts?
(P.S. People often recommend Priceline, but I can't use Priceline to book a block of rooms.)
THANKS SO MUCH!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 2 IAH to HOU Questions
- 3 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 4 Great OR beach house locations?
- 5 Ideas for New York
- 6 San Francisco transit options
- 7 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 8 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 9 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 10 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 11 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 12 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 13 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 14 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 17 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 18 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 19 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 20 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 21 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 22 No Spam this morning!!
- 23 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 24 Honeymoon on PCH
- 25 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village