I am assisting a group of people traveling for a gymnastics meet in January. The meet is downtown, but they wish to avoid paying downtown hotel prices. Can someone recommend an alternative area to stay? They stayed near the airport last year, but it seems like there might be other areas that might have more to offer while they are there. They will be driving to town so staying near the airport offers no advantage. Something reasonably close to the downtown area with decent (mid-range) hotels and restaurants. Any thoughts?
(P.S. People often recommend Priceline, but I can't use Priceline to book a block of rooms.)
THANKS SO MUCH!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 2 US Trip
- 3 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 4 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 5 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 6 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 7 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 8 Maui - luau question
- 9 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 10 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 11 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 12 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 13 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 14 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 15 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 16 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 17 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 18 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 19 Bryce and Zion planning
- 20 Country Walkers
- 21 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 22 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 23 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 24 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 25 Places to stay in Skagway