I am assisting a group of people traveling for a gymnastics meet in January. The meet is downtown, but they wish to avoid paying downtown hotel prices. Can someone recommend an alternative area to stay? They stayed near the airport last year, but it seems like there might be other areas that might have more to offer while they are there. They will be driving to town so staying near the airport offers no advantage. Something reasonably close to the downtown area with decent (mid-range) hotels and restaurants. Any thoughts?
(P.S. People often recommend Priceline, but I can't use Priceline to book a block of rooms.)
THANKS SO MUCH!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas weather?
- 2 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 3 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 4 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 5 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 8 Big island itinerary
- 9 Thousand Islands
- 10 Best Destination in USA
- 11 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 12 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 13 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 14 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 15 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 16 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 17 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 18 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 19 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 20 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 21 New York City and New England
- 22 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 23 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 25 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14