I am assisting a group of people traveling for a gymnastics meet in January. The meet is downtown, but they wish to avoid paying downtown hotel prices. Can someone recommend an alternative area to stay? They stayed near the airport last year, but it seems like there might be other areas that might have more to offer while they are there. They will be driving to town so staying near the airport offers no advantage. Something reasonably close to the downtown area with decent (mid-range) hotels and restaurants. Any thoughts?
(P.S. People often recommend Priceline, but I can't use Priceline to book a block of rooms.)
THANKS SO MUCH!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 2 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 3 Martha's Vineyard area
- 4 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 5 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs
- 6 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 7 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 8 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 9 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 10 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 11 Returned from Sedona
- 12 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 13 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 14 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 15 Centra Coast Wildlife
- 16 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 17 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 18 Western U.S. Road trip
- 19 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 20 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 21 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer
- 22 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 23 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 24 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 25 Boston--Another Art Mission