I am assisting a group of people traveling for a gymnastics meet in January. The meet is downtown, but they wish to avoid paying downtown hotel prices. Can someone recommend an alternative area to stay? They stayed near the airport last year, but it seems like there might be other areas that might have more to offer while they are there. They will be driving to town so staying near the airport offers no advantage. Something reasonably close to the downtown area with decent (mid-range) hotels and restaurants. Any thoughts?
(P.S. People often recommend Priceline, but I can't use Priceline to book a block of rooms.)
THANKS SO MUCH!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 2 First Time to California
- 3 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 4 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 5 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 6 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 7 Angels Landing
- 8 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 9 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 10 San Francisco and Napa
- 11 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 12 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 13 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 14 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 15 California RV baby and child seats
- 16 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 17 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 18 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 19 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 20 car rentals in San Diego
- 21 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 22 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 23 First time visit to California
- 24 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 25 NY State Assembly Internship