I am assisting a group of people traveling for a gymnastics meet in January. The meet is downtown, but they wish to avoid paying downtown hotel prices. Can someone recommend an alternative area to stay? They stayed near the airport last year, but it seems like there might be other areas that might have more to offer while they are there. They will be driving to town so staying near the airport offers no advantage. Something reasonably close to the downtown area with decent (mid-range) hotels and restaurants. Any thoughts?
(P.S. People often recommend Priceline, but I can't use Priceline to book a block of rooms.)
THANKS SO MUCH!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 2 NYC theatre broadway
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 6 Universal studios/Orlando
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 9 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 10 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 11 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 12 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 15 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 16 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 17 USA with a 3 year old
- 18 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 22 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 23 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 24 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 25 Seattle hotel recommendation needed