I am assisting a group of people traveling for a gymnastics meet in January. The meet is downtown, but they wish to avoid paying downtown hotel prices. Can someone recommend an alternative area to stay? They stayed near the airport last year, but it seems like there might be other areas that might have more to offer while they are there. They will be driving to town so staying near the airport offers no advantage. Something reasonably close to the downtown area with decent (mid-range) hotels and restaurants. Any thoughts?
(P.S. People often recommend Priceline, but I can't use Priceline to book a block of rooms.)
THANKS SO MUCH!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 2 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 3 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 4 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 5 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 6 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 7 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 8 NYC taxi vs car service
- 9 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 10 rain in Kauai
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 13 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Wedding in Hawaii
- 17 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 18 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 19 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 20 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 21 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 22 San Fransisco to LA
- 23 Where to go in Maine?
- 24 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,