I am assisting a group of people traveling for a gymnastics meet in January. The meet is downtown, but they wish to avoid paying downtown hotel prices. Can someone recommend an alternative area to stay? They stayed near the airport last year, but it seems like there might be other areas that might have more to offer while they are there. They will be driving to town so staying near the airport offers no advantage. Something reasonably close to the downtown area with decent (mid-range) hotels and restaurants. Any thoughts?
(P.S. People often recommend Priceline, but I can't use Priceline to book a block of rooms.)
THANKS SO MUCH!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy iPhone 5S gold,PS4,iPad AIR,Galaxy S4,Xperia Z1,BB Q0,Z10
- 2 Best places to move to Florida?
- 3 West Coast Bound End of March
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 11 Key Largo, FL
- 12 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 13 Death Valley in June
- 14 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 15 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 22 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 25 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit