We will be in Kauai for 3 days November 16-19. (This will be at the end of a trip that includes 3 days in Oahu and a week in Maui [staying at Kahana Villa Vacation Club, on the West Coast of Maui between Kaanapali and Kapalua].) I am tryiing to decide which area of Kauai we should stay in. It sounds like the north shore might be a bit problematic this time of year. Suggestions of specific lodging options would be welcomed. I'd also appreciate suggestions of things to see and do that are uniquely Kauai -- that we are unlilkely to have the opportunity to do in Maui. We enjoy snorkeling, kayaking, beautiful scenery, flora and fauna, and local history and culture. We are going with cousins from Chicago, who have never been to the Hawaiian Islands before. Unfortunately, one of them has foot problems and cannot do much walking or hiking.
In which area of Kauai should we stay in mid-November?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 2 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 5 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 6 Dining in Manhattan
- 7 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 8 St Patrick's renovations
- 9 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 10 The reason for choosing Anti Aging serum Is Ok Or Not?
- 11 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 14 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 15 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 16 From Seattle airport to the city
- 17 General Utah planning questions
- 18 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 19 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 20 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 21 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 22 New York City Christmas Trip
- 23 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 24 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 25 Colorado Skiing