We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getaway
- 2 Refining my California Itinerary
- 3 What's new on Maui?
- 4 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 5 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 6 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 7 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 8 Oregon Road Trip
- 9 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 10 Colorado aspen updates
- 11 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 12 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 13 Hwy 12 Bryce Canyon to Arches/ Moab in 1 Day w/ Kids help?
- 14 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 15 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 16 Christmas in TX
- 17 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 18 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 19 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 20 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 21 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 22 Tucson area flooding
- 23 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 24 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 25 Moving to New Jersey