We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
- 1 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 2 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 3 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 4 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 5 stay near newark or nyc
- 6 Cape Ann area
- 7 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 8 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 9 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 10 Kauai golf
- 11 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 12 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 13 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 14 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 15 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 16 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 17 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 18 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 19 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 20 Minneapolis Hotel
- 21 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 22 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 23 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 24 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 25 Washington Wineries