We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 2 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 3 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 4 Long Island Advice
- 5 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 6 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 7 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 8 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 9 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 10 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 11 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 12 Boston suggestions
- 13 California
- 14 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 15 Tucson area flooding
- 16 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 17 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 18 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 19 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 20 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 21 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 22 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 23 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 24 Ben Landa
- 25 4 week family trip ideas