We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 2 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 3 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 4 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 5 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 6 San Diego - wher to stay
- 7 California road trip
- 8 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 9 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 10 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 11 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 12 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 13 Berkshires in late October
- 14 2 day in Adirondack park
- 15 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 16 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 17 NYC Clubs for live music
- 18 Mesa Verde
- 19 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 20 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 21 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 22 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 23 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 24 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 25 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!