We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
- 1 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 2 5 State memorial day round trip!
- 3 NYC
- 4 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 5 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 6 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 7 Albuquerque to Denver
- 8 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 9 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 10 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 11 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 12 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 13 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 14 Native American Tours/Tour Guides
- 15 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 16 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 17 Help with NYC transit
- 18 Boston Area College Tour
- 19 Door County
- 20 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 21 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 22 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 23 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 24 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 25 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?