We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 2 USA with a 3 year old
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 5 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 Alaska
- 10 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 11 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 12 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 13 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 14 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 15 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 20 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 23 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 24 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 25 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!