We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 2 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 3 California
- 4 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 5 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 6 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 7 Deep South sept 2015
- 8 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 9 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 10 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 11 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 12 Texas
- 13 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 14 Hotels Philly
- 15 Cross Country RV Trip
- 16 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 17 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 18 Ackislander
- 19 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 20 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 21 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 22 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 23 Northern California in February
- 24 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 25 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?