We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Island Advice
- 2 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 3 Cost of living in Incline Village NV
- 4 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 5 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 6 Hotels for 21 yr old near Portland? Help!!
- 7 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 8 Maine Road Trip for fall foliage and moose sightings
- 9 Monterey and Napa
- 10 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 11 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 12 Breckenridge in October
- 13 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 14 Public transportation SLC to Marriott City Creek?
- 15 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 16 East Coast in December
- 17 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 18 New England in the fall
- 19 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 20 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 21 N California trip questions
- 22 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 23 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 24 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 25 Need Bryce Canyon Advice