We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 2 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 3 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 4 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 5 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 6 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 7 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 11 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 14 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 15 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 16 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 17 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 18 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 19 New York City Restaurants
- 20 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 21 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 22 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 23 Maui vacation
- 24 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 25 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants