We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 2 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 3 san diego or nearby area
- 4 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 5 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 6 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 7 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 8 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 9 Moving to CT
- 10 LA for a day and a half
- 11 Hotels Philly
- 12 Northwest USA
- 13 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 14 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 15 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 16 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 17 Texas
- 18 Ackislander
- 19 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 20 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 21 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 22 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 23 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 24 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 25 First Trip to California with Family of 6