We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 2 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 3 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 4 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 5 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 6 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 7 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 8 3 nights in Nashville
- 9 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Cape Cod in early April
- 12 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 13 Four days in DC
- 14 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 One Night at Logan Airport
- 17 Circle Oahu / luau
- 18 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 19 Backpacking in April
- 20 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 21 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 22 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 23 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 24 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii