We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York city--best time to visit??
- 2 Maui Luau?
- 3 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 4 American Honeymoon in March
- 5 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 6 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 7 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 8 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 9 California & French Polynesia
- 10 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 11 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 12 General Utah planning questions
- 13 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 14 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 Boston area -- nature
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 19 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 20 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 21 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 22 SFO black friday traffic
- 23 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 24 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 25 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado