We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 2 Advice on Roadtrip
- 3 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 4 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 5 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 6 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 7 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 8 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 9 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Zion the narrows
- 11 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 12 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 13 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 14 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 15 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 16 Los Angeles day trips
- 17 Hawaiian Islands
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 19 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 20 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 21 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 22 Cabin in Asheville area
- 23 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 24 Seattle Transportation??
- 25 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip