We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 2 Backpacking in April
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 replica designer handbags
- 5 Portland Maine Hotels
- 6 San Diego parks and attractions
- 7 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 8 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 9 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 10 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 11 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 12 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 13 united and carry-ons
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 16 Cape Cod in early April
- 17 USA with a 3 year old
- 18 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 21 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 22 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 23 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 24 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 25 Light hiking around Santa Barbara