We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 2 moving to florida
- 3 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 4 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 5 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 6 drive from SF to crater lake
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 9 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 10 Hotel near Miami airport
- 11 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 12 Santa Barbara, California
- 13 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 14 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 15 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 16 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 17 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 18 culpepper
- 19 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 20 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 21 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 22 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 23 Pub with food in Seattle
- 24 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 25 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs