We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to dress in Vegas
- 2 charlotte
- 3 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 4 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 5 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 6 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 7 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 8 Sonoma or napa?
- 9 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 USA trip
- 12 Black Hills Trip Report
- 13 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 14 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 15 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 16 Cape Cod in October
- 17 Air Connections on Maui
- 18 Theater Historians
- 19 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 20 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 21 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 22 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 23 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 24 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 25 Getaway