We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 2 Charlesmark Hotel, Boston-opinions?
- 3 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 4 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 5 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 6 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 7 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 8 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 9 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 10 Best way to get discounts on hotel rooms? Priceline?
- 11 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 12 Looking For best Holiday Destination
- 13 We are flying into Phoenix in November
- 14 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 15 Phoenix, Grand Canyon & Sedona with kids
- 16 Advice on Roadtrip
- 17 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 18 Zion the narrows
- 19 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 20 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 21 Paso Robles Here We Come...!
- 22 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 23 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 24 cincinnati with kids
- 25 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston