We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 2 New York City Restaurants
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 5 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 6 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 7 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 12 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 13 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 14 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 15 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 16 Dining in D.C.
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 19 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 20 Jersey City Parking
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Washington DC Metro
- 23 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 24 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 25 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast