We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine in latter half of September
- 2 Seattle hotels
- 3 Seattle in April
- 4 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 5 Seattle Visit April
- 6 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 7 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 8 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 9 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 10 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 11 Coronado Ferry
- 12 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 13 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 14 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 15 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 16 Colorado trip
- 17 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 18 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 19 DC - WW2 flyover
- 20 Colorado trip in early May
- 21 Cape cod and Acadia
- 22 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 23 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 24 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 25 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon