We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 4 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 5 Philly
- 6 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 7 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 8 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 9 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 10 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 11 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 12 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 13 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 14 Pub with food in Seattle
- 15 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 16 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 17 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 18 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 19 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 20 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 Road Trip SW
- 23 Santa Barbara, California
- 24 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 25 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!