We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 3 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 4 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 5 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 6 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 9 San Diego Little Italy
- 10 Key West Hotel in January
- 11 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 12 Healdsburg tips
- 13 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 14 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 15 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 16 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 17 los angeles restaurants
- 18 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 19 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 20 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 21 Calf trip
- 22 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 23 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 24 West Maui Restaurants
- 25 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help