We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
- 1 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 2 Wildlife in Yellowstone
- 3 timeshare: good idea or no? Please help!
- 4 Moms and Kids Catalina Island - Mini Trip Report
- 5 Flying within the US, ID Question!
- 6 Road Trip from Tahoe to the Tetons and Yellowstone
- 7 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 8 South Dakota--last minute trip; deciding where to stay in Black Hills
- 9 Seeking recs for centrally located quality hotel in LA
- 10 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 11 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 12 Los Angeles to Santa Fe, NM: Take I-40 or I-10?
- 13 Updates from Hanalei
- 14 Tale of Two Siblings in Kauai...how did we end up in Honolulu?
- 15 Northwest Trip
- 16 Two days in Aug near Denver or Colorado Springs - suggestions?
- 17 Death Valley in November
- 18 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 19 Maui 10-night Hotel Itinerary
- 20 2nd Choice"Cute Town" betw ALB Albany Airport-Lake George-Take TWO
- 21 Fenway Park Ticket Guru's
- 22 Blue ridge parkway
- 23 Charleston Restaurant week Visit - Q's
- 24 four nights in the Finger Lakes
- 25 Western NC Zipline