We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 2 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 3 Where to go in Maine?
- 4 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 5 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 6 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 7 Washington, DC to Boston
- 8 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 11 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 12 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 13 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 14 rain in Kauai
- 15 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 San Diego Trip Report
- 20 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 21 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 22 NYC jazz with a minor
- 23 NYC Itinerary Help
- 24 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 25 5 week in US/Mexico