We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northwest USA
- 2 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 3 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 4 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 5 Moving to CT
- 6 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 7 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 8 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 9 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 10 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 11 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 12 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 13 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 14 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 15 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 16 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 17 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 18 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 19 Hotels Philly
- 20 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 21 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 22 Green Flea in NYC
- 23 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 24 Orlando in March
- 25 New England September