We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 2 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 3 Fairbanks Alaska
- 4 Cal Tickets Urgently
- 5 New England Skiing
- 6 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 7 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 8 Getaway
- 9 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 10 Yosemite Lodging
- 11 Temecula Winery Tours
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 14 Worst Restaurants in America
- 15 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 16 What's new on Maui?
- 17 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 18 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 19 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 20 Broadway choices
- 21 Question About Sealodge
- 22 Colorado aspen updates
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 25 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of