We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Car service from Oakland airport to city
- 2 My Book of Mormon review
- 3 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 4 JFK Airport
- 5 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 6 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 7 Arches National Park in a day
- 8 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 9 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 10 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 11 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 12 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 13 Marco Island
- 14 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 15 things to do near Arches National Park
- 16 Delicate Arch in Arches national park
- 17 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 18 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 EX-LAX
- 21 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 22 Best place to see Redwoods in December
- 23 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 24 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 25 Broadway choices