We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
- 1 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 2 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 3 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 4 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 5 hello guys....
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 8 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 9 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 10 Albuquerque to Denver
- 11 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 12 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 13 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 14 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 15 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 16 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 17 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 18 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 19 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 20 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 21 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 22 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 23 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 24 Michigan Beaches
- 25 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas