We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 2 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 3 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 4 New Orleans
- 5 Australian travelling solo across the South - suggestions please!
- 6 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 7 Texas, Arkansas or Smokey Mountains during Christmas break?
- 8 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 9 Seattle to San Francisco itinerary
- 10 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 11 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 12 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 13 Baytown, Texas
- 14 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 15 Seattle Restaurant for Graduation luncheon
- 16 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 17 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 18 LOS ANGELES AREA HOCKEY TRIP JANUARY
- 19 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 20 Santa Barbara area
- 21 Boston in winter?
- 22 Hilton Gardens - Marina Del Ray - Restaurants near by???
- 23 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 24 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 25 Thanksgiving in Manhattan