We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 2 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 3 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 6 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 7 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 8 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 9 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 10 Grand Teton & Yellowstone via Denver
- 11 Denver to Ouray
- 12 Denver 1 day in denver
- 13 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 14 Cashless Toll road in Denver
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Landing in Denver, CO - Rocky Mtn, Grand Teton & Yellowstone NP loop
- 17 Men's Open Final 30th Annual Quiksilver-Big Island Toyota Big Island Pro-Am
- 18 Denver Happy Hour Restaurants!
- 19 Denver, SD, Yellowstone, GTNP, Denver loop itinerary feedback
- 20 Fly Fishing near Denver
- 21 12 Day Trip Starting from Denver - Where to go?
- 22 Denver in late September
- 23 Thhings to see in two week/one way road trip from Denver to San Fran
- 24 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 25 Scenic Road Trip: Denver to Los Angeles or to San Francisco?