We will be in Manhattan for a week starting Christmas Eve and are planning our Christmas Day--it will be the 20th anniversary of the day that we met. We are thinking of getting up early, going to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center (hopefully before it is mobbed), walking up Fifth Avenue looking at store windows when they are closed and having an elegant lunch someplace beautiful. I've made reservations at the Russian Tea Room but have not been there for 30 years and have heard mixed reviews about the new one. I only want to spend the $$$$ if it is really special I also thought of the Plaza Hotel (now condos)--but only because I have loved the song "Eloise" my whole life. All suggestions welcome. Chinese food is out for boring dietary reasons.
In search of special lunch in Manhattan on Christmas Day
View all United States activity »
- 1 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Savanah Sojourn
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 6 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 7 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 8 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 9 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 10 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 11 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 12 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 13 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 14 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 15 Warm and don't Drive
- 16 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 17 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 18 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 19 Madison Square Garden
- 20 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 21 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 22 St. Augustine, Florida
- 23 hotel near Met NYC
- 24 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 25 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?