Hi everyone. We are headed to Miami on Friday for a conference for my husband. Conference doesn't start until Saturday so we decided to come down a day early to do some sightseeing together. Now it looks like Sandy is working to foil our plans - or at least our outdoor plans. We'll land a MIA around 9:30 am - I figure by the time we get luggage and get our car it will be 10:30 or so. Was thinking of heading to South Beach, park the car and eat lunch at the 11th street diner (or somewhere near there - suggestions appreciated!). Then head to the Wolfsonian for a visit (doesn't open until noon) . If it is rainy and windy (as predicted) we could then also take in the Bass Art Museum. Then head to the hotel. Any other ideas or thoughts? Thanks.
In Miami this Friday - in the rain?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 4 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 5 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 6 Key West Hotel in January
- 7 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 8 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 9 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 10 Calf trip
- 11 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 12 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 13 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 14 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 15 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 16 4 week family trip ideas
- 17 x mas
- 18 Trip to Niagara Falls
- 19 Florida in between stop 2 days after Key Largo towards St.pete
- 20 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 21 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 22 ny ers now living in nc taking their kids to nyc for first time
- 23 Uber and Airbnb-Insurance and Credentials
- 24 Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- 25 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA