Hi everyone. We are headed to Miami on Friday for a conference for my husband. Conference doesn't start until Saturday so we decided to come down a day early to do some sightseeing together. Now it looks like Sandy is working to foil our plans - or at least our outdoor plans. We'll land a MIA around 9:30 am - I figure by the time we get luggage and get our car it will be 10:30 or so. Was thinking of heading to South Beach, park the car and eat lunch at the 11th street diner (or somewhere near there - suggestions appreciated!). Then head to the Wolfsonian for a visit (doesn't open until noon) . If it is rainy and windy (as predicted) we could then also take in the Bass Art Museum. Then head to the hotel. Any other ideas or thoughts? Thanks.
In Miami this Friday - in the rain?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 4 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 5 Dining in D.C.
- 6 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 7 Jersey City Parking
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Washington DC Metro
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 13 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 14 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 15 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 16 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 17 Alaska cruise and land
- 18 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 19 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 20 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 21 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 22 NYC taxi vs car service
- 23 rain in Kauai
- 24 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 25 Hotel in Santa Barbara