Hi everyone. We are headed to Miami on Friday for a conference for my husband. Conference doesn't start until Saturday so we decided to come down a day early to do some sightseeing together. Now it looks like Sandy is working to foil our plans - or at least our outdoor plans. We'll land a MIA around 9:30 am - I figure by the time we get luggage and get our car it will be 10:30 or so. Was thinking of heading to South Beach, park the car and eat lunch at the 11th street diner (or somewhere near there - suggestions appreciated!). Then head to the Wolfsonian for a visit (doesn't open until noon) . If it is rainy and windy (as predicted) we could then also take in the Bass Art Museum. Then head to the hotel. Any other ideas or thoughts? Thanks.
In Miami this Friday - in the rain?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 2 3 nights in Nashville
- 3 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 4 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 5 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 6 One Night at Logan Airport
- 7 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 8 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 9 Four days in DC
- 10 Please help with itinerary
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 15 Backpacking in April
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 Circle Oahu / luau
- 18 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 19 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 20 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 21 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 22 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 23 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 24 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 25 replica designer handbags