Hi everyone. We are headed to Miami on Friday for a conference for my husband. Conference doesn't start until Saturday so we decided to come down a day early to do some sightseeing together. Now it looks like Sandy is working to foil our plans - or at least our outdoor plans. We'll land a MIA around 9:30 am - I figure by the time we get luggage and get our car it will be 10:30 or so. Was thinking of heading to South Beach, park the car and eat lunch at the 11th street diner (or somewhere near there - suggestions appreciated!). Then head to the Wolfsonian for a visit (doesn't open until noon) . If it is rainy and windy (as predicted) we could then also take in the Bass Art Museum. Then head to the hotel. Any other ideas or thoughts? Thanks.
In Miami this Friday - in the rain?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 trip advice from TN to TX
- 2 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 3 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 4 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 5 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 6 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 7 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 8 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 9 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 10 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 11 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 12 Clearwater FL area
- 13 san diego or nearby area
- 14 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 15 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 16 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 17 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 18 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 19 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 20 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 21 Charleston, SC help
- 22 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 23 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 24 middlebury vt snow
- 25 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah