Hi everyone. We are headed to Miami on Friday for a conference for my husband. Conference doesn't start until Saturday so we decided to come down a day early to do some sightseeing together. Now it looks like Sandy is working to foil our plans - or at least our outdoor plans. We'll land a MIA around 9:30 am - I figure by the time we get luggage and get our car it will be 10:30 or so. Was thinking of heading to South Beach, park the car and eat lunch at the 11th street diner (or somewhere near there - suggestions appreciated!). Then head to the Wolfsonian for a visit (doesn't open until noon) . If it is rainy and windy (as predicted) we could then also take in the Bass Art Museum. Then head to the hotel. Any other ideas or thoughts? Thanks.
In Miami this Friday - in the rain?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 2 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 3 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 4 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 5 Pub with food in Seattle
- 6 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 7 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 8 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 9 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 12 Santa Barbara, California
- 13 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 14 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 15 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 16 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 17 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 18 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 19 May visit to Denali
- 20 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 21 Best places to stay on drive from Houston to Los Angeles
- 22 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 23 Philly
- 24 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 25 NYC IN AUGUST