Hi everyone. We are headed to Miami on Friday for a conference for my husband. Conference doesn't start until Saturday so we decided to come down a day early to do some sightseeing together. Now it looks like Sandy is working to foil our plans - or at least our outdoor plans. We'll land a MIA around 9:30 am - I figure by the time we get luggage and get our car it will be 10:30 or so. Was thinking of heading to South Beach, park the car and eat lunch at the 11th street diner (or somewhere near there - suggestions appreciated!). Then head to the Wolfsonian for a visit (doesn't open until noon) . If it is rainy and windy (as predicted) we could then also take in the Bass Art Museum. Then head to the hotel. Any other ideas or thoughts? Thanks.
In Miami this Friday - in the rain?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 2 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 3 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 Tour companies
- 6 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 7 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 8 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 9 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 10 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 11 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 12 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 16 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 17 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 18 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 19 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 20 Sunitoomas - stop shilling for that company
- 21 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 22 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 23 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 24 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 25 Exploring Some of Oregon and Washington