For anyone traveling in or near Milwaukee, the Harley-Davidson Museum is sure worth a visit. It is near downtown and was easy to find. My wife, grandson and I really enjoyed the place -- even though we aren't bikers. The museum occupies a couple of floors in the building it's in and is filled with displays of Harley-Davidson bikes in chronological order. Admission prices are reasonable, and guided and audio tours are available. We chose a self-guided tour. Kids can go on a free scavenger hunt to win a prize. Our grandson did that, but he especially enjoyed the chance to climb up on some real motorcycles in a hands-on exhibit and pretend he was riding them. We got some wonderful pictures. A souvenir shop and a couple of theme restaurants, Motor and Cafe Racer, are right across the street. We were a bit pressed for time, so we stopped at Cafe Racer. The food was fast, good and plentiful.
I'm no biker, but the Harley-Davidson Museum was worth the time
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 USA with a 3 year old
- 4 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 7 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 8 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 9 Universal studios/Orlando
- 10 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 11 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 15 Alaska
- 16 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 17 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 18 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 19 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 20 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 21 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 22 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 23 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 24 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 25 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's