For anyone traveling in or near Milwaukee, the Harley-Davidson Museum is sure worth a visit. It is near downtown and was easy to find. My wife, grandson and I really enjoyed the place -- even though we aren't bikers. The museum occupies a couple of floors in the building it's in and is filled with displays of Harley-Davidson bikes in chronological order. Admission prices are reasonable, and guided and audio tours are available. We chose a self-guided tour. Kids can go on a free scavenger hunt to win a prize. Our grandson did that, but he especially enjoyed the chance to climb up on some real motorcycles in a hands-on exhibit and pretend he was riding them. We got some wonderful pictures. A souvenir shop and a couple of theme restaurants, Motor and Cafe Racer, are right across the street. We were a bit pressed for time, so we stopped at Cafe Racer. The food was fast, good and plentiful.
I'm no biker, but the Harley-Davidson Museum was worth the time
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 Where to go in Maine?
- 6 Jersey City Parking
- 7 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 8 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 9 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 10 SF to DR? WTH!
- 11 Kennebunkport and....?
- 12 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 13 NYC Itinerary Help
- 14 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 17 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 18 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 19 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 20 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 21 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 22 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 23 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 24 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 25 Washington, DC to Boston