For anyone traveling in or near Milwaukee, the Harley-Davidson Museum is sure worth a visit. It is near downtown and was easy to find. My wife, grandson and I really enjoyed the place -- even though we aren't bikers. The museum occupies a couple of floors in the building it's in and is filled with displays of Harley-Davidson bikes in chronological order. Admission prices are reasonable, and guided and audio tours are available. We chose a self-guided tour. Kids can go on a free scavenger hunt to win a prize. Our grandson did that, but he especially enjoyed the chance to climb up on some real motorcycles in a hands-on exhibit and pretend he was riding them. We got some wonderful pictures. A souvenir shop and a couple of theme restaurants, Motor and Cafe Racer, are right across the street. We were a bit pressed for time, so we stopped at Cafe Racer. The food was fast, good and plentiful.
I'm no biker, but the Harley-Davidson Museum was worth the time
- 1 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 2 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 3 Priceline, WARNING
- 4 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 5 Kauai golf
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 8 Less commercial beach?
- 9 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 10 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 11 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 12 stay near newark or nyc
- 13 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 14 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 15 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 16 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 17 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 18 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 19 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 20 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 21 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 22 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 23 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 24 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 25 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today