It looks like I would perhaps need to spend a day/night in Jacksonville as part of a trip to Saint Augustine. I know a lot of Florida is difficult for those without their own wheels. And I realize Jacksonville is particularly huge in geographical area and a car is highly recommended. However, since I don't drive, renting a car would not be an option.
SO, if you had to pick a hotel in one area of the city for a night, as it looks like I might need to, where would you choose? I'm certainly not expecting to "see it all" and am aware that likely many highlights of the region will be inaccessible to me as a result. I'm curious if there is an area of the city that you'd most recommend to someone without wheels, with better than most access to public transportation or an area with a modest density of places to eat within reasonable walking distance. A touch of history, access to some interesting sites, a touch of charm and a healthy, tasty, affordable restaurant would be a plus.
It looks from a map like much activity is clustered between areas labelled "Brooklyn", "Downtown" and "Everbank Field" at the point where the St. John's River does a serpent-like loop. I notice there's Skyway and a Riverside Trolley, so I thought this might be a good area to aim for?
Best wishes, Daniel
PS Have you found taxis reliable in the city? PPS If you were curious, my plan is to get to Saint Augustine via Greyhound.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.usadrugguide.com/zyntix-male-enhancement/
- 2 Park City- handicapped
- 3 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 4 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 5 San Francisco first visit.
- 6 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 7 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 8 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 9 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 10 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 11 Renting a car with DWAI
- 12 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 13 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 14 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 15 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 16 Yellowstone in early May
- 17 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 18 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 19 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 20 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui
- 21 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 22 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 23 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 24 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 25 DCArea GTG April 2017
If you HAD TO stay in Jacksonville, FL without a car for a day