It looks like I would perhaps need to spend a day/night in Jacksonville as part of a trip to Saint Augustine. I know a lot of Florida is difficult for those without their own wheels. And I realize Jacksonville is particularly huge in geographical area and a car is highly recommended. However, since I don't drive, renting a car would not be an option.
SO, if you had to pick a hotel in one area of the city for a night, as it looks like I might need to, where would you choose? I'm certainly not expecting to "see it all" and am aware that likely many highlights of the region will be inaccessible to me as a result. I'm curious if there is an area of the city that you'd most recommend to someone without wheels, with better than most access to public transportation or an area with a modest density of places to eat within reasonable walking distance. A touch of history, access to some interesting sites, a touch of charm and a healthy, tasty, affordable restaurant would be a plus.
It looks from a map like much activity is clustered between areas labelled "Brooklyn", "Downtown" and "Everbank Field" at the point where the St. John's River does a serpent-like loop. I notice there's Skyway and a Riverside Trolley, so I thought this might be a good area to aim for?
Best wishes, Daniel
PS Have you found taxis reliable in the city? PPS If you were curious, my plan is to get to Saint Augustine via Greyhound.
If you HAD TO stay in Jacksonville, FL without a car for a day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 2 East Coast Road Trip
- 3 West Coast Road Trip
- 4 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 5 suggestions for mobile auto repair glass company in utah
- 6 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 7 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 8 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 9 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 10 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 11 Car Needed in Austin?
- 12 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 13 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 14 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 15 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 16 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 17 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 18 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 19 Maui itinerary
- 20 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 21 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Pirateland SC
- 24 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 25 San Diego with Kids