It looks like I would perhaps need to spend a day/night in Jacksonville as part of a trip to Saint Augustine. I know a lot of Florida is difficult for those without their own wheels. And I realize Jacksonville is particularly huge in geographical area and a car is highly recommended. However, since I don't drive, renting a car would not be an option.
SO, if you had to pick a hotel in one area of the city for a night, as it looks like I might need to, where would you choose? I'm certainly not expecting to "see it all" and am aware that likely many highlights of the region will be inaccessible to me as a result. I'm curious if there is an area of the city that you'd most recommend to someone without wheels, with better than most access to public transportation or an area with a modest density of places to eat within reasonable walking distance. A touch of history, access to some interesting sites, a touch of charm and a healthy, tasty, affordable restaurant would be a plus.
It looks from a map like much activity is clustered between areas labelled "Brooklyn", "Downtown" and "Everbank Field" at the point where the St. John's River does a serpent-like loop. I notice there's Skyway and a Riverside Trolley, so I thought this might be a good area to aim for?
Best wishes, Daniel
PS Have you found taxis reliable in the city? PPS If you were curious, my plan is to get to Saint Augustine via Greyhound.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 2 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 3 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 4 http://www.healthexpertproduct.com/xtreme-nitro-and-alpha-f1/
- 5 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 6 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 7 Extended weekend beach get away
- 8 Where to grab Blackcore Edge Max
- 9 Parking US OPEN
- 10 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 11 http://testboosthelp.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 12 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 13 GPS app without data
- 14 Steamboat in August
- 15 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 16 http://forbesflawlessfacts.com/vitalpeak-xt-reviews/
- 17 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 18 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 19 http://www.xtgenixau.com/addys-focus-reviews/
- 20 Southern history- walkable cities
- 21 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 22 Autumn in Maine
- 23 10 days vacation in Maine
- 24 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 25 Are you looking Effective Updated News?
If you HAD TO stay in Jacksonville, FL without a car for a day