It looks like I would perhaps need to spend a day/night in Jacksonville as part of a trip to Saint Augustine. I know a lot of Florida is difficult for those without their own wheels. And I realize Jacksonville is particularly huge in geographical area and a car is highly recommended. However, since I don't drive, renting a car would not be an option.
SO, if you had to pick a hotel in one area of the city for a night, as it looks like I might need to, where would you choose? I'm certainly not expecting to "see it all" and am aware that likely many highlights of the region will be inaccessible to me as a result. I'm curious if there is an area of the city that you'd most recommend to someone without wheels, with better than most access to public transportation or an area with a modest density of places to eat within reasonable walking distance. A touch of history, access to some interesting sites, a touch of charm and a healthy, tasty, affordable restaurant would be a plus.
It looks from a map like much activity is clustered between areas labelled "Brooklyn", "Downtown" and "Everbank Field" at the point where the St. John's River does a serpent-like loop. I notice there's Skyway and a Riverside Trolley, so I thought this might be a good area to aim for?
Best wishes, Daniel
PS Have you found taxis reliable in the city? PPS If you were curious, my plan is to get to Saint Augustine via Greyhound.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/hydro-muscle-max-uk/
- 2 http://newmusclesupplements.com/alphadrox
- 3 Bodybuilding Devolved From Healthy Fitness Training
- 4 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 5 Alabama trip in Dec
- 6 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 7 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 8 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 9 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 10 SF and northern California - October
- 11 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 12 November redwoods trip
- 13 Yellowstone
- 14 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 15 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 16 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 17 costco Big island
- 18 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 19 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 20 Which island for R&R?
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 23 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 24 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 25 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
If you HAD TO stay in Jacksonville, FL without a car for a day