Its our 10 year anniversary next June, and we want a special trip!
With young kids at home, we were looking into domestic destinations, and my husband suggested Napa and San Francisco. Ive already been to the Napa area, so I started looking around at other options and stumbled across Santa Barbara and the San Simeon area -- and am intrigued. But, have also heard great things about the Portland & Seattle area!!
We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night.
So, if you had a week or so on the West Coast, what would you recommend? Where would you go - or where would you suggest given our interests? Our anniversary is mid June, but we could go earlier/later if it would make a significantly better trip.
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 help from a true New Yorker.
- 2 Safety Concerns
- 3 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 4 Alaska -public transport
- 5 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 6 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 7 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 8 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 9 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 10 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 11 Trip to northern California
- 12 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 13 First Trip to Texas -
- 14 5 days in Colorado
- 15 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 16 Washington DC with kids
- 17 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 18 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 19 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 20 Sedona for a Month
- 21 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 22 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 23 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 24 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 25 Southwest road trip