Its our 10 year anniversary next June, and we want a special trip!
With young kids at home, we were looking into domestic destinations, and my husband suggested Napa and San Francisco. Ive already been to the Napa area, so I started looking around at other options and stumbled across Santa Barbara and the San Simeon area -- and am intrigued. But, have also heard great things about the Portland & Seattle area!!
We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night.
So, if you had a week or so on the West Coast, what would you recommend? Where would you go - or where would you suggest given our interests? Our anniversary is mid June, but we could go earlier/later if it would make a significantly better trip.
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hello
- 2 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 3 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 4 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 5 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 6 Maui and Kauai
- 7 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 8 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 9 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 10 Hotel advise Chicago
- 11 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 12 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 13 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 14 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 15 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 16 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 17 Trip to Cali
- 18 NYC Hotel Decision
- 19 NFL tickets
- 20 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim
- 21 JFK to Manhattan via AirTrain/LIRR
- 22 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 23 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 24 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 25 Three days in Kauai