Its our 10 year anniversary next June, and we want a special trip!
With young kids at home, we were looking into domestic destinations, and my husband suggested Napa and San Francisco. Ive already been to the Napa area, so I started looking around at other options and stumbled across Santa Barbara and the San Simeon area -- and am intrigued. But, have also heard great things about the Portland & Seattle area!!
We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night.
So, if you had a week or so on the West Coast, what would you recommend? Where would you go - or where would you suggest given our interests? Our anniversary is mid June, but we could go earlier/later if it would make a significantly better trip.
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 2 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 3 5 Days near Denver
- 4 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 5 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 6 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 7 Boston Ideas
- 8 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 9 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 10 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 11 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 12 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 13 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 14 4 Days in Juneau?
- 15 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 16 Lake Champlain, VT
- 17 hotel in NYC
- 18 20 Days Road Trip
- 19 Bar Harbor/Acadia Insight
- 20 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 21 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 22 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 23 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 24 San Diego to San Francisco in 15 days
- 25 Folger-Shakespeare Library