Its our 10 year anniversary next June, and we want a special trip!
With young kids at home, we were looking into domestic destinations, and my husband suggested Napa and San Francisco. Ive already been to the Napa area, so I started looking around at other options and stumbled across Santa Barbara and the San Simeon area -- and am intrigued. But, have also heard great things about the Portland & Seattle area!!
We like sightseeing but also a fair amount of relaxation time. Our usual pattern is sightseeing in the morning into afternoon but stopping for early cocktail hour. We like roadtrips but absolutely don't want to spend the entire trip driving. Husband loves boats. I love art, beautiful homes and gardens. We absolutely enjoy nice restaurants, beautiful hotels and maybe even dressing up a little at night.
So, if you had a week or so on the West Coast, what would you recommend? Where would you go - or where would you suggest given our interests? Our anniversary is mid June, but we could go earlier/later if it would make a significantly better trip.
Thanks as always!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 2 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 5 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 6 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 8 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 9 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 10 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 11 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 12 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 13 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 14 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 15 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 16 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 17 limited mobility for Savannah
- 18 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 19 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 20 Northwest Passage
- 21 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 22 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 23 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 24 Northwest Car Trip
- 25 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ