...a few hints.
They are open Tuesday to Friday and open at 11 am.
The line starts forming early.We arrive right around 11 am and have about a 15 - 20 minute wait to get inside to order. When we waddle out an hour or so later the line can be 50 people long. This is usually on a Friday.
There is limited seating inside. Much of their business is take away. Two long tables that seat about 10 to 12 each are crammed into the back of the room. We've always found a place to sit amongst the others at the tables. There is a table in a back room that is a better place...sort out of the fray. Everyone ends up talking to each other and comparing what they ordered and offering tastes, etc. It is fun. This time a woman offered me some of her Cotto for a taste of the Porchetta!
The Montepulciano wine on the tables is VERY good. $4.50 a glass. Refills are on the honor system and you pay for them as you leave.
If you are in a party of two or more, SKIP the sandwiches (except maybe for the porchetta) and order the Salumi Platter with cheese and olives ($14.00) and the warm meat platter ($14.00). Both of these offer the best tastes of what they make. The warm meat platter has two to three huge meat balls, a generous portion of their succulent porchetta, three or four slices of a boiled sausage (cotechino?) and slices of braised lamb. It is all delicious. The Salumi Platter is piled high with a selection of most of their salamis and comes with a nice blue cheese, some mozzarella and a hard cheese I cannot name along with some olives.This time we also ordered a plate of freshly sliced culatello, a cured meat native to Parma. It was very good! Sliced french bread is abundant and useful for sopping up all those gorgeous juices left behind. We three hungry diners finished off everything, but we were stuffed.
Plan for a light dinner of perhaps a salad after a lunch like this or plan for a late dinner after you've recovered!
Highly recommended for a fun lunch in a truly unique place.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 2 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 3 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 4 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 5 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 6 Bed and Breakfast
- 7 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 8 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 11 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 12 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 13 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 14 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 15 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 16 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 17 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 18 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 19 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 20 OHare car service north suburbs
- 21 Yellowstone
- 22 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 23 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 24 Ah, The California Wine Country!
- 25 DCArea GTG April 2017
If You Go To Salumi in Seattle...Our annual visit.
...a few hints.