Going to Alaska in late August. Will fly in Ancorage in mid afternoon and have the next day for sightseeing. Any ideas on what to see and where to eat will be appreciated. I read a number of post regarding Denali so decided to have 3 full days. One full day will be taking the shuttle in the park, and depending on the weather will try to take a air tour of Mt McKinley. Any other thoughts on what others have done would be appreciated. I take the upgraded train from Anchorage to Seward, and than 4 days in Seward. 1 full day will be taken on the tour. Any sights or places to see in the Seward area would be appreciated.
Ideas of things to see in Anchorage, Denali (3 days), Seward (4 days)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Travel West Coast
- 5 Rafting near Denali
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 10 Where to go in Maine?
- 11 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 12 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 13 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 14 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 15 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 16 Colorado in the summer!
- 17 Kennebunkport and....?
- 18 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 19 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 20 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 21 WISCONSIN
- 22 Jersey City Parking
- 23 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 24 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 25 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report