Going to Alaska in late August. Will fly in Ancorage in mid afternoon and have the next day for sightseeing. Any ideas on what to see and where to eat will be appreciated. I read a number of post regarding Denali so decided to have 3 full days. One full day will be taking the shuttle in the park, and depending on the weather will try to take a air tour of Mt McKinley. Any other thoughts on what others have done would be appreciated. I take the upgraded train from Anchorage to Seward, and than 4 days in Seward. 1 full day will be taken on the tour. Any sights or places to see in the Seward area would be appreciated.
Ideas of things to see in Anchorage, Denali (3 days), Seward (4 days)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 2 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 3 Moving to New Jersey
- 4 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 5 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 6 Maui itinerary
- 7 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 8 West Coast Road Trip
- 9 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 10 Car Needed in Austin?
- 11 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 12 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 13 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 14 New Orleans Weekend
- 15 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 16 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 17 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 18 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 19 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 20 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 21 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 22 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 23 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 24 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 25 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!