Going to Alaska in late August. Will fly in Ancorage in mid afternoon and have the next day for sightseeing. Any ideas on what to see and where to eat will be appreciated. I read a number of post regarding Denali so decided to have 3 full days. One full day will be taking the shuttle in the park, and depending on the weather will try to take a air tour of Mt McKinley. Any other thoughts on what others have done would be appreciated. I take the upgraded train from Anchorage to Seward, and than 4 days in Seward. 1 full day will be taken on the tour. Any sights or places to see in the Seward area would be appreciated.
Ideas of things to see in Anchorage, Denali (3 days), Seward (4 days)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England in the fall
- 2 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 3 Grapefruit, lemon, orange, tangerine, lime
- 4 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 5 East Coast in December
- 6 N California trip questions
- 7 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 8 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 9 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 10 Monterey and Napa
- 11 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 12 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 13 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 14 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 15 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 16 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 17 Looking for Next Destination
- 18 Worst Restaurants in America
- 19 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 20 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 21 Fall color yet?
- 22 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 23 Yosemite Lodging
- 24 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 25 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please