My husband and I are thinking about taking a 10-14 day trip to New England with our son the first two weeks of September. He will be almost 2 at that time. We would fly into Boston but from there I am not sure whether to go north or south (or both!), it sounds like there are so many great places to explore. Ideally we'd like to avoid changing hotels every day and maybe have 3 or so bases that we can stay in for 3-4 nights and explore and do side trips from. Any recommendations? We love great scenery, going on walks, cute towns, historic architecture, and we would also like to spend at least a few days in a beach town. Places with child-friendly activities (children's museum, playgrounds, etc.) would be nice too. I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!
Ideas for New England Road Trip in September with Toddler
- 1 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 2 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 3 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 4 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 5 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 6 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 7 Savannah restaurants
- 8 Boston and surrounding area
- 9 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 10 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 11 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 12 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 13 Middlebury vt quickie
- 14 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 15 Denver 1 day in denver
- 16 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 17 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 18 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 19 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 20 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help
- 21 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 22 Transportation from Jackson to Jackson Hole airport
- 23 Albuquerque to Denver
- 24 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 25 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?