My husband and I are thinking about taking a 10-14 day trip to New England with our son the first two weeks of September. He will be almost 2 at that time. We would fly into Boston but from there I am not sure whether to go north or south (or both!), it sounds like there are so many great places to explore. Ideally we'd like to avoid changing hotels every day and maybe have 3 or so bases that we can stay in for 3-4 nights and explore and do side trips from. Any recommendations? We love great scenery, going on walks, cute towns, historic architecture, and we would also like to spend at least a few days in a beach town. Places with child-friendly activities (children's museum, playgrounds, etc.) would be nice too. I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!
Ideas for New England Road Trip in September with Toddler
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 2 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 3 Best places to move to Florida?
- 4 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 5 Locker at JFK
- 6 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 7 Key Largo, FL
- 8 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 9 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 10 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 11 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 12 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 13 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 14 West Coast Bound End of March
- 15 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 16 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 17 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 18 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 19 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 23 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 24 Philadelphia
- 25 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!