My husband and I are thinking about taking a 10-14 day trip to New England with our son the first two weeks of September. He will be almost 2 at that time. We would fly into Boston but from there I am not sure whether to go north or south (or both!), it sounds like there are so many great places to explore. Ideally we'd like to avoid changing hotels every day and maybe have 3 or so bases that we can stay in for 3-4 nights and explore and do side trips from. Any recommendations? We love great scenery, going on walks, cute towns, historic architecture, and we would also like to spend at least a few days in a beach town. Places with child-friendly activities (children's museum, playgrounds, etc.) would be nice too. I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!
Ideas for New England Road Trip in September with Toddler
View all United States activity »
- 1 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 2 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 3 Savanah Sojourn
- 4 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 5 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 One day in Washington DC
- 8 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 9 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 10 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 11 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 12 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 13 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 14 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 15 RIP Judy Rogers
- 16 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 17 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 18 Boston area
- 19 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 20 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 21 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 22 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 23 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 24 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 25 Hollywood with 17yr old son