My husband and I are thinking about taking a 10-14 day trip to New England with our son the first two weeks of September. He will be almost 2 at that time. We would fly into Boston but from there I am not sure whether to go north or south (or both!), it sounds like there are so many great places to explore. Ideally we'd like to avoid changing hotels every day and maybe have 3 or so bases that we can stay in for 3-4 nights and explore and do side trips from. Any recommendations? We love great scenery, going on walks, cute towns, historic architecture, and we would also like to spend at least a few days in a beach town. Places with child-friendly activities (children's museum, playgrounds, etc.) would be nice too. I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!
Ideas for New England Road Trip in September with Toddler
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 2 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 3 advice on rental cars-Cody, WY to drop off in Rapid City, SD?
- 4 Seattle to California (Northern) by car
- 5 Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies
- 6 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 7 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 8 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 New York City-New Things?
- 11 Camping Generator!?
- 12 Minneapolis Parking
- 13 Alaska Trip Planning
- 14 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 15 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 16 4/30/2015 Driving Vegas to Newport Rhode Island - southern route
- 17 DC - WW2 flyover
- 18 How Do We Get from JFK to Stamford, CT?
- 19 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 20 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 21 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 22 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 23 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 24 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 25 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?