My husband and I are thinking about taking a 10-14 day trip to New England with our son the first two weeks of September. He will be almost 2 at that time. We would fly into Boston but from there I am not sure whether to go north or south (or both!), it sounds like there are so many great places to explore. Ideally we'd like to avoid changing hotels every day and maybe have 3 or so bases that we can stay in for 3-4 nights and explore and do side trips from. Any recommendations? We love great scenery, going on walks, cute towns, historic architecture, and we would also like to spend at least a few days in a beach town. Places with child-friendly activities (children's museum, playgrounds, etc.) would be nice too. I appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!
Ideas for New England Road Trip in September with Toddler
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 2 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 3 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 4 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 5 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 6 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 7 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 8 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 9 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 10 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 11 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 12 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 13 Phoenix restaurants
- 14 5 week in US/Mexico
- 15 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 16 10 day trip to California
- 17 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 Rafting near Denali
- 21 New York City Restaurants
- 22 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 23 Kennedy Space Center
- 24 Week in October in Maine
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles