I am looking for ideas for a brief vacation (3-4 days). It would just myself as I will be leaving the kids with DH. January works with my teaching schedule, so I can't change time of year. I would be traveling from the Midwest and would fly, but hoping no more than one connection. This will be a vacation to refresh and rejuvenate. I do like moderate outdoor activities, history, tours, good food, and some shopping. Maybe a place with a nice spa. I am looking for cities/quaint towns where I could stroll around and just take each day as they come. Would prefer a place where I would not need to rent a day for the whole time. I have family in Florida so will be there later in the year. I would prefer warmer weather than the midwest, but I realize that it may not be warm in January in the US. Please share your ideas?
Ideas for January travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 2 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 3 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 4 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 5 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 6 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 7 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 8 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 9 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 10 Tipping advice
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 13 charleston during Christmas Week
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 19 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 20 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 21 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 22 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 23 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?