I am looking for ideas for a brief vacation (3-4 days). It would just myself as I will be leaving the kids with DH. January works with my teaching schedule, so I can't change time of year. I would be traveling from the Midwest and would fly, but hoping no more than one connection. This will be a vacation to refresh and rejuvenate. I do like moderate outdoor activities, history, tours, good food, and some shopping. Maybe a place with a nice spa. I am looking for cities/quaint towns where I could stroll around and just take each day as they come. Would prefer a place where I would not need to rent a day for the whole time. I have family in Florida so will be there later in the year. I would prefer warmer weather than the midwest, but I realize that it may not be warm in January in the US. Please share your ideas?
Ideas for January travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 2 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 5 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 6 Myrtle Beach
- 7 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 8 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 9 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 10 Colorado in the summer!
- 11 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 12 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 13 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 14 Washington DC Metro
- 15 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 16 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 17 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 18 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 19 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 20 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 21 Travel West Coast
- 22 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 23 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 24 Wine Country Picnic
- 25 traveling Amtrak cross country