I am looking for ideas for a brief vacation (3-4 days). It would just myself as I will be leaving the kids with DH. January works with my teaching schedule, so I can't change time of year. I would be traveling from the Midwest and would fly, but hoping no more than one connection. This will be a vacation to refresh and rejuvenate. I do like moderate outdoor activities, history, tours, good food, and some shopping. Maybe a place with a nice spa. I am looking for cities/quaint towns where I could stroll around and just take each day as they come. Would prefer a place where I would not need to rent a day for the whole time. I have family in Florida so will be there later in the year. I would prefer warmer weather than the midwest, but I realize that it may not be warm in January in the US. Please share your ideas?
Ideas for January travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Broadway this week
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 6 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 7 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 8 New York, New York...
- 9 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 10 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 11 trains in Europe
- 12 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 13 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 14 USA trip
- 15 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 16 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 17 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 18 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Washington DC in Spring?
- 21 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 22 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 23 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 24 NBA tickets??
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa