I am looking for ideas for a brief vacation (3-4 days). It would just myself as I will be leaving the kids with DH. January works with my teaching schedule, so I can't change time of year. I would be traveling from the Midwest and would fly, but hoping no more than one connection. This will be a vacation to refresh and rejuvenate. I do like moderate outdoor activities, history, tours, good food, and some shopping. Maybe a place with a nice spa. I am looking for cities/quaint towns where I could stroll around and just take each day as they come. Would prefer a place where I would not need to rent a day for the whole time. I have family in Florida so will be there later in the year. I would prefer warmer weather than the midwest, but I realize that it may not be warm in January in the US. Please share your ideas?
Ideas for January travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 4 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 5 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Denver in a half day
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 14 Oahu ideas
- 15 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 16 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 Best places to move to Florida?
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 21 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 22 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 23 Key Largo, FL
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle