I am looking for ideas for a brief vacation (3-4 days). It would just myself as I will be leaving the kids with DH. January works with my teaching schedule, so I can't change time of year. I would be traveling from the Midwest and would fly, but hoping no more than one connection. This will be a vacation to refresh and rejuvenate. I do like moderate outdoor activities, history, tours, good food, and some shopping. Maybe a place with a nice spa. I am looking for cities/quaint towns where I could stroll around and just take each day as they come. Would prefer a place where I would not need to rent a day for the whole time. I have family in Florida so will be there later in the year. I would prefer warmer weather than the midwest, but I realize that it may not be warm in January in the US. Please share your ideas?
Ideas for January travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 3 California road trip
- 4 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 5 Seattle Hyatts
- 6 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 7 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 8 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 9 San Diego - wher to stay
- 10 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 11 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 12 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 13 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 14 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 15 Berkshires in late October
- 16 2 day in Adirondack park
- 17 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 18 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 19 NYC Clubs for live music
- 20 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 21 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 22 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 23 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 Vail or Aspen in summertime?