I am trying to figure out where I want go over Thanksgiving week this year. Last year I went to Portugal (Lisbon for most of it) and it was a great choice. Mostly sunny, and in the 60s for the most part. I'm an amateur photographer and I had a multitude of subjects to choose from - it's a very photogenic country!
This year I'm torn between going back there again or staying in the US. I'm leaning to a US destination.
I'd like to pick a destination that is expected to have decent weather during late November. Some rain is ok, but a steady diet of it I wouldn't like (not to mention I'm not going to lug all my gear in the rain...). Temps no lower than the 50s during the daytime would be preferable as well. A photogenic area is a must, and I'm not a camper - at all.
Any ideas? Current thoughts include Sedona, possibly Santa Fe and environs.. possibly San Francisco and environs.. that sort of thing. I've already been to Santa Fe and San Francisco a few times so a new inviting place to visit would be great.
I had also thought New England would be great to visit but I think that's a month too late for the weather I'm hoping to find.
Any other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementstest.com/ionic-white/
- 2 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 3 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 4 Arches or Zion?
- 5 Asian population in Portland, OR?
- 6 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 7 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 8 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 9 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 10 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 11 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 12 Richmond Virginia And Poe
- 13 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 14 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City
- 15 time to visit statue
- 16 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 17 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 18 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 19 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 20 Chester, CN
- 21 Northern California Gardens.
- 22 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
- 23 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 24 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 25 ground transportation NYC to DC and connecting to MARC