I am trying to figure out where I want go over Thanksgiving week this year. Last year I went to Portugal (Lisbon for most of it) and it was a great choice. Mostly sunny, and in the 60s for the most part. I'm an amateur photographer and I had a multitude of subjects to choose from - it's a very photogenic country!
This year I'm torn between going back there again or staying in the US. I'm leaning to a US destination.
I'd like to pick a destination that is expected to have decent weather during late November. Some rain is ok, but a steady diet of it I wouldn't like (not to mention I'm not going to lug all my gear in the rain...). Temps no lower than the 50s during the daytime would be preferable as well. A photogenic area is a must, and I'm not a camper - at all.
Any ideas? Current thoughts include Sedona, possibly Santa Fe and environs.. possibly San Francisco and environs.. that sort of thing. I've already been to Santa Fe and San Francisco a few times so a new inviting place to visit would be great.
I had also thought New England would be great to visit but I think that's a month too late for the weather I'm hoping to find.
Any other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 2 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 3 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 4 Carolina Panthers vs Denver Broncos Super Bowl 50 Live
- 5 Our Boston Getaway
- 6 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 7 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 8 Suggestions for Two Day Getaway near Fort Myers or Naples
- 9 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 10 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 11 Nashville Questions
- 12 Redwood National Forest
- 13 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 14 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 15 Road trip From St.louis to South Dakota. Is it Safe?
- 16 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 17 Cape Cod
- 18 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 19 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 20 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 21 reliable transportation across florida
- 22 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 23 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 24 Las Vegas loop
- 25 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)