I am trying to figure out where I want go over Thanksgiving week this year. Last year I went to Portugal (Lisbon for most of it) and it was a great choice. Mostly sunny, and in the 60s for the most part. I'm an amateur photographer and I had a multitude of subjects to choose from - it's a very photogenic country!
This year I'm torn between going back there again or staying in the US. I'm leaning to a US destination.
I'd like to pick a destination that is expected to have decent weather during late November. Some rain is ok, but a steady diet of it I wouldn't like (not to mention I'm not going to lug all my gear in the rain...). Temps no lower than the 50s during the daytime would be preferable as well. A photogenic area is a must, and I'm not a camper - at all.
Any ideas? Current thoughts include Sedona, possibly Santa Fe and environs.. possibly San Francisco and environs.. that sort of thing. I've already been to Santa Fe and San Francisco a few times so a new inviting place to visit would be great.
I had also thought New England would be great to visit but I think that's a month too late for the weather I'm hoping to find.
Any other suggestions?
Ideas for destinations over Thanksgiving week...
- 1 West Coast Road Trip
- 2 Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
- 3 Grand Canyon Whitewater Rafting
- 4 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 5 Grand Canyon Rafting Trip & finish up at Sedona Spa?
- 6 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 7 Train from Newark to Manhattan
- 8 Scottsdale hotel one night
- 9 Vegas Shows
- 10 NYC votes all cigarette bans and laws apply to "vapor" cigarettes
- 11 Dinner on Christmas Day in downtown Chicago
- 12 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 13 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 14 San Diego or Hawaii
- 15 Advice on where to stay in Boston
- 16 los angeles sunday brunch
- 17 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 18 Full day in Nashville
- 19 Paso Robles, CA
- 20 4 weeks in Florida with 4 moth baby
- 21 SFO airport changing terminals
- 22 South Haven, Michigan in the winter
- 23 SF Activities
- 24 Florida: Palm Beach to Sarasota
- 25 Charleston SC 3 day visit