I am trying to figure out where I want go over Thanksgiving week this year. Last year I went to Portugal (Lisbon for most of it) and it was a great choice. Mostly sunny, and in the 60s for the most part. I'm an amateur photographer and I had a multitude of subjects to choose from - it's a very photogenic country!
This year I'm torn between going back there again or staying in the US. I'm leaning to a US destination.
I'd like to pick a destination that is expected to have decent weather during late November. Some rain is ok, but a steady diet of it I wouldn't like (not to mention I'm not going to lug all my gear in the rain...). Temps no lower than the 50s during the daytime would be preferable as well. A photogenic area is a must, and I'm not a camper - at all.
Any ideas? Current thoughts include Sedona, possibly Santa Fe and environs.. possibly San Francisco and environs.. that sort of thing. I've already been to Santa Fe and San Francisco a few times so a new inviting place to visit would be great.
I had also thought New England would be great to visit but I think that's a month too late for the weather I'm hoping to find.
Any other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 2 DC restaurant report
- 3 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 4 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 5 Neue Galerie
- 6 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 7 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 8 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 9 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 10 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 11 Arizona in winter
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 13 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 14 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 15 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 16 Arizona in late January
- 17 A Few Days in Asheville
- 18 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 19 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 20 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 21 Key West
- 22 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 23 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 24 moving to Florida
- 25 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!