I am trying to figure out where I want go over Thanksgiving week this year. Last year I went to Portugal (Lisbon for most of it) and it was a great choice. Mostly sunny, and in the 60s for the most part. I'm an amateur photographer and I had a multitude of subjects to choose from - it's a very photogenic country!
This year I'm torn between going back there again or staying in the US. I'm leaning to a US destination.
I'd like to pick a destination that is expected to have decent weather during late November. Some rain is ok, but a steady diet of it I wouldn't like (not to mention I'm not going to lug all my gear in the rain...). Temps no lower than the 50s during the daytime would be preferable as well. A photogenic area is a must, and I'm not a camper - at all.
Any ideas? Current thoughts include Sedona, possibly Santa Fe and environs.. possibly San Francisco and environs.. that sort of thing. I've already been to Santa Fe and San Francisco a few times so a new inviting place to visit would be great.
I had also thought New England would be great to visit but I think that's a month too late for the weather I'm hoping to find.
Any other suggestions?
Ideas for destinations over Thanksgiving week...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Kennebunkport and....?
- 4 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 5 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 6 Wedding in Hawaii
- 7 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 8 rain in Kauai
- 9 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 10 Alaska cruise and land
- 11 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 12 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 13 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 14 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 15 Where to go in Maine?
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 18 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 19 SF to DR? WTH!
- 20 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 21 NYC Itinerary Help
- 22 WISCONSIN
- 23 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 24 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 25 Baggage on United and Delta Flights