I'm meeting relatives in New Orleans next Friday but they don't arrive until 5:00pm and I arrive at 1:00pm. So after checking into the hotel, Hotel Monaco in the Central Business District, I'm wondering what I could do on my own from there. Would it be easy enough to walk to the French Quarter and browse around? Would I have time maybe to take the St. Charles Streetcar? I love browsing in cities - maybe a museum, a bookstore. Any suggestions for a couple of hours in this neighbourhood or beyond? Would I feel safe out walking by myself? Thanks for your suggestions and ideas, Lily
Ideas for an afternoon alone in New Orleans
- 1 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 2 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 3 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 4 Small Sofas
- 5 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 6 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 7 Trying To Find a Place
- 8 romantic colorado trip
- 9 Fourth of July Weekend
- 10 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 11 Fires in Colorado
- 12 Marcola?
- 13 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 14 Updates from Hanalei
- 15 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 16 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 17 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 18 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 19 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 20 One day in NYC
- 21 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 22 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 23 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 24 Key West at Christmas time
- 25 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets