I'm meeting relatives in New Orleans next Friday but they don't arrive until 5:00pm and I arrive at 1:00pm. So after checking into the hotel, Hotel Monaco in the Central Business District, I'm wondering what I could do on my own from there. Would it be easy enough to walk to the French Quarter and browse around? Would I have time maybe to take the St. Charles Streetcar? I love browsing in cities - maybe a museum, a bookstore. Any suggestions for a couple of hours in this neighbourhood or beyond? Would I feel safe out walking by myself? Thanks for your suggestions and ideas, Lily
Ideas for an afternoon alone in New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 2 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 3 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 4 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 5 Boston area -- nature
- 6 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 7 4 week family trip ideas
- 8 General Utah planning questions
- 9 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 10 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 11 California & French Polynesia
- 12 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 13 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 14 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 15 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 16 SFO black friday traffic
- 17 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 18 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 21 Dining in Manhattan
- 22 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 23 American Honeymoon in March
- 24 How to dress in Vegas
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles