I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 2 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 3 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 4 San Diego, mission valley
- 5 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 6 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 7 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 8 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 9 Sedona to Vegas
- 10 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 11 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 12 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 13 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 14 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 15 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 16 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 17 November redwoods trip
- 18 San Fran
- 19 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 20 Seattle?
- 21 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 22 SF and northern California - October
- 23 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 24 Alabama trip in Dec
- 25 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.