I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 2 Carmel for 5 nights with baby
- 3 trip to Acadia National Park
- 4 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 5 September southwest utah
- 6 40th birthday in (COLD) Chicago!
- 7 San Francisco - need restaurant & tourist tips
- 8 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 9 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 10 Two Mini Trips to Minneapolis
- 11 Hotels in Minneapolis for University visit
- 12 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 13 Charleston/Savannah help needed
- 14 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 15 Charleston and Asheville
- 16 Maui and the Big Island - Activities for each island
- 17 3 days in Houston area ?????
- 18 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 19 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 20 Anyone received an email confirming a change in reservation...
- 21 Visa, Greencard advice
- 22 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 23 march anniversary trip
- 24 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 25 cruise to Alaska including Denali