I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 St. Louis Metro from Airport to Amtrak Station
- 2 Carmel for 5 nights with baby
- 3 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 4 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 5 Something new/ different between Jackson WY and Billings, MT
- 6 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 7 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 8 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 9 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 10 first time new yorker with a baby, need help on newark to a broadway hotel
- 11 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 12 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 13 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 14 South Carolina
- 15 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 16 Driving trip Chicago to San Francisco
- 17 Charleston/Savannah help needed
- 18 12-hour layover, is it possible to go to lunch with a relative?
- 19 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 20 trip to Acadia National Park
- 21 San Francisco - need restaurant & tourist tips
- 22 Spring Break/Master's Tickets 2016
- 23 help with visit to Kennedy Space Center, Fl
- 24 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 25 Boston Santa Speedo Run?