I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite in Winter
- 2 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 5 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 6 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 7 Active Vacation
- 8 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 9 Quick SoCal question
- 10 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 11 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 12 New England September
- 13 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 14 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 17 Tampa in February
- 18 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 19 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 20 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 21 NYC taxi vs car service
- 22 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 23 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 24 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 25 Austin Food Trucks