I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
- 1 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 2 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 3 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 4 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 7 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 8 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 9 Biloxi questions again
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 12 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 13 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 14 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 15 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 16 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 17 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 19 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 20 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 21 Vero Beach FL
- 22 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 23 Question about Boulder area
- 24 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?