I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 2 Intimate Destination Wedding location help
- 3 9 am - 5pm layover LAX - what to do?
- 4 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 5 Hawaii
- 6 Moving to a new state
- 7 Moving soon (blindly!) and would love suggestions
- 8 Driving to Minnesota from Jacksonville fl help
- 9 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 10 Toying with Maine/Vermont road trip
- 11 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 12 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 13 How many states have you been to?
- 14 Kauai planning help
- 15 travel to Oahu (waikiki)
- 16 Day trip to the North Shore Kauai
- 17 Fine dining in South shore area of Kauai
- 18 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 19 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 20 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 21 USA, Trip to the south
- 22 Ferry info
- 23 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 24 How many days in Death Valley and Sequoia?
- 25 6 full days in Colorado Itinerary Ideas