I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 2 Airfares in the 1970's
- 3 Relocating to the Deep South
- 4 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 5 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 6 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 7 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 8 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 9 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 10 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 11 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 12 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 13 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 14 Seattle to San Francisco
- 15 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 16 San Francisco and Napa
- 17 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 18 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 19 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 20 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 21 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 22 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 23 Budget NYC hotel
- 24 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 25 Timeshare on Cape Cod