I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast Road Trip
- 2 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 3 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 4 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 7 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 8 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 9 Pirateland SC
- 10 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 11 San Diego with Kids
- 12 Metro Card Options
- 13 Maui itinerary
- 14 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 15 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 16 getting around DC
- 17 California
- 18 Road Trip: Seattle to San Francisco in November
- 19 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 20 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper August 2014 on the Canadian board - Alberta
- 21 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 22 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 23 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 24 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint