I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 White Christmas
- 2 Midway point
- 3 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 4 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 5 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 6 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 7 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 8 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 9 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 10 New York City
- 11 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 12 Relocating to the Deep South
- 13 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 14 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 15 Arlington funeral plans
- 16 destin resorts
- 17 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 18 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 19 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 20 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 21 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 22 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 23 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 24 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 25 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip