I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 2 http://www.healthtalked.com/vderma/
- 3 http://www.healthexpertproduct.com/lumify-x9/
- 4 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 5 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 6 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 7 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 8 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 9 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 10 Staying outside DC
- 11 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 12 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 13 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 14 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 15 Ideas for New York
- 16 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 17 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 18 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 19 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 20 Road trip
- 21 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 22 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 23 Getting married to a French man
- 24 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 25 Florida beach recommendation, please