I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 2 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 3 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 4 NYC to LA road trip - Buy or rent a car?
- 5 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 6 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 7 4 week family trip ideas
- 8 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 9 san fran sightseeing
- 10 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 11 Boston in winter?
- 12 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 13 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 14 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 15 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 16 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 17 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 18 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 19 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 20 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 21 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 24 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 25 American Honeymoon in March