I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 planning a trip to US
- 2 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 3 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 4 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 5 Good local restaurants E30th St New York?
- 6 Waltham, MA to Boston-Logan Airport
- 7 How safe would feel with the key in your front door overnight?
- 8 http://testxtremefacts.com/progain-350/
- 9 Texas
- 10 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 11 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 12 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 13 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 14 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 15 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 16 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 17 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 18 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 19 10 day trip
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 Utah restaurants
- 22 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 23 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 24 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 25 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April