I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 2 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 3 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 4 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 7 NY State Assembly Internship
- 8 Grand Canyon
- 9 San Francisco and Napa
- 10 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 11 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 12 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 13 White Christmas
- 14 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 15 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 16 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 17 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 18 Midway point
- 19 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 20 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 21 New York City
- 22 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 23 Relocating to the Deep South
- 24 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 25 Arlington funeral plans