I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Door County Suggestions
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 6 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 12 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 15 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 18 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 23 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 24 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 25 Denver in a half day