I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 2 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 3 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 4 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 5 Mt. Rushmore/Badlands in late March?
- 6 Michigan advice needed
- 7 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 8 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 9 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 10 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 11 Pensacola Suggestions
- 12 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 13 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 14 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 15 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 16 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 17 North Carolina Coast
- 18 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 19 NYC with wheelchair
- 20 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 21 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 22 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 23 Hapuna beach, big island
- 24 myrtle beach
- 25 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?