I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels Philly
- 2 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 3 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 4 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 5 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 6 Green Flea in NYC
- 7 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 8 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 9 Orlando in March
- 10 New England September
- 11 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 12 Ackislander
- 13 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 14 Cross Country RV Trip
- 15 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 16 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 17 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 18 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 19 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 20 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 21 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 22 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 23 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 24 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 25 Petrified national forest, AZ