I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 2 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 3 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 4 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 5 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 6 Hana from the aiport
- 7 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 8 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 9 from Moab to Bryce
- 10 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 11 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 12 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 13 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 14 San Diego-Hotel
- 15 Los Angeles day trips
- 16 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 17 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 18 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 19 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 20 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 21 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 22 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 23 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 24 Las Vegas in March
- 25 Kauai Garden tours