I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 2 your favorite city USA?
- 3 Austin with Kids
- 4 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 5 Two days out of Seattle
- 6 New Orleans and Slidell
- 7 Senior Travel Helper
- 8 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 9 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 10 Help with driving East to West
- 11 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 12 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 13 Pacific coast road trip
- 14 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 15 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 16 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 17 South Carolina
- 18 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 19 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 20 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 21 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 22 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 23 Austin Getaway
- 24 Maine
- 25 Driving From Florida to Maryland