I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 2 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 5 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 6 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 7 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 8 Boston in winter?
- 9 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 10 san fran sightseeing
- 11 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 12 American Honeymoon in March
- 13 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 14 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 15 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 16 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 17 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 18 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 19 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 20 Colorado Skiing
- 21 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 22 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 23 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 24 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 25 Best route home from page, az to ny?