I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 2 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 3 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 4 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 5 Southwest US
- 6 Does this itinerary sound reasonable? (north of SF)
- 7 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 8 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 9 Glacier to Banff
- 10 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 11 Great Brunch in Tampa??
- 12 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 13 Boston to see Sargent works
- 14 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 15 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 16 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 17 Harlem, NY
- 18 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 19 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 20 Lone traveler seeing Alaska in a rush!
- 21 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 22 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 23 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 24 Mississippi gulf coast
- 25 Another Key West trip in the books!