I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
- 1 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 2 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 3 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 8 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 9 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 10 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 11 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 12 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 13 St. Augustine, Florida
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 San Antonio
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Where should I move to?
- 19 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 Fripp island
- 22 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 23 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 24 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 25 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.