I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
- 1 US Travel Clubs
- 2 Hotel near Public Theater
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 6 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 7 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 8 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 9 San Antonio
- 10 hotel near Met NYC
- 11 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 12 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 13 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 14 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Oahu Information
- 17 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 18 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 19 Warm and don't Drive
- 20 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 21 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 22 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 One day in Washington DC
- 25 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!