I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 Warm and don't Drive
- 4 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 7 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 8 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 9 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 10 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 11 RIP Judy Rogers
- 12 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 15 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 16 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 20 Princeville in January
- 21 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 22 pa to az
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 Savanah Sojourn
- 25 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?