I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 2 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 3 What to do in San Diego
- 4 Nashville
- 5 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 6 Beaches in Florida
- 7 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 8 fort lauderdale
- 9 40th in Key West
- 10 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 11 First Trip to Texas -
- 12 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 13 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 14 5 days in Colorado
- 15 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 16 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 17 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 18 Downtown Chicago
- 19 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 22 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 23 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 24 Southwest road trip
- 25 Grand Circle Road Trip