I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 2 Highway 1 motels
- 3 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 4 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 5 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 6 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 7 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 8 driving from LA to Portland
- 9 Places to stay in TX...?
- 10 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 11 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 12 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 13 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 14 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 15 Silverthorne
- 16 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 17 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 18 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 19 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 20 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 21 Alaska itinerary - Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Juneau.
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 11 days SE coast road trip
- 24 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 25 Getting around in NYC