I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 florida gulf coast
- 2 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 3 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 4 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 5 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 6 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 7 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 8 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 9 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 10 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 11 Family Trip advice please?!
- 12 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 13 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 14 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 15 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 16 Road trip advice needed please
- 17 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 18 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 19 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 20 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 21 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 22 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 23 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 24 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 25 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?