I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 2 Road trip Canton, GA to Charleston, SC
- 3 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 4 Itenarary - 1st Week Sep - Phoenix to Page to Zion to Bryce
- 5 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 6 Airport to St Louis Arch area, taxi best option?
- 7 11 days SE coast road trip
- 8 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 9 Booking accommodations through Trip Advisor, Expedia , etc.
- 10 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 11 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 12 North Carolina Triangle
- 13 Quick Palm Springs Getaway
- 14 Ferry options Seattle to Victoria
- 15 What to do in Raleigh, NC?
- 16 Seattle in early August
- 17 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 18 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 19 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 20 Glacier NP Trip 2016
- 21 Washington DC - Hop on/off buses
- 22 Minnesota to Colorado
- 23 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 24 Pittsburgh Trip
- 25 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore