I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 2 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 3 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 4 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 5 Philly
- 6 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 7 Hotel near Miami airport
- 8 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 9 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 10 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 11 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 12 Road Trip SW
- 13 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 14 Chicago trip
- 15 NYC IN AUGUST
- 16 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 17 culpepper
- 18 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 19 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 20 Fancy dining
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 Will have five days in Savannah
- 23 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 24 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 25 Itinerary opinions