I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 Oahu ideas
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Best places to move to Florida?
- 9 West Coast Bound End of March
- 10 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 11 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 12 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 13 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 14 Key Largo, FL
- 15 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 16 Death Valley in June
- 17 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 18 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 19 San Diego grocery stores
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 22 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 23 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 24 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 25 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?