I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 2 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 5 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 6 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 7 relocating travel
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 10 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Mesa Verde
- 13 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 17 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 20 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 21 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel