I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 4 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 5 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 6 Brooklyn why?
- 7 Timeshare Nightmares
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 9 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 10 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 11 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 12 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 13 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 14 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 15 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 New York City Restaurants