I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 2 USA trip
- 3 Alaskan coast travel options
- 4 Timeshare Nightmares
- 5 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 6 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 7 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 8 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 11 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 12 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 13 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 14 How to dress in Vegas
- 15 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 16 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 19 Chicago Questions
- 20 Air Connections on Maui
- 21 camaro hire in waikiki
- 22 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 23 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 24 Breckenridge in October
- 25 New Orleans in November - too cool?