I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Book of Mormon review
- 2 Yosemite Lodging
- 3 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 4 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 5 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 6 Worst Restaurants in America
- 7 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 8 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 9 Colorado aspen updates
- 10 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 11 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 12 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Arches National Park in a day
- 15 SFO International Airport
- 16 New Orleans with kids - advice and suggestions, please
- 17 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 18 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 19 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 20 Fall color yet?
- 21 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 22 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 23 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 24 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 25 Car service from Oakland airport to city