I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado trip
- 2 The Quarter, Frog City, and elsewhere
- 3 Hotels near beach orange county
- 4 Daytona Beach and ??
- 5 Yellowstone Dining
- 6 DC - WW2 flyover
- 7 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 8 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 9 Savannah GA
- 10 Things to do around New York
- 11 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 12 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 13 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 14 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 15 Alaska- Best tours
- 16 Cape cod and Acadia
- 17 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 18 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 19 Grand Marais?
- 20 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 21 Coronado Ferry
- 22 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 23 First visit in New Mexico
- 24 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 25 Maine in latter half of September