I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 4 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 5 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 6 Balloon fest hotels
- 7 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 8 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 9 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 10 Houston in September
- 11 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 12 New York Trip
- 13 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 14 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 15 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 16 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 17 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 18 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 19 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 20 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 21 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 22 Transportation help in Philly
- 23 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 24 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 25 Hotels in North Philadelphia