I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 2 Advice on tipping
- 3 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 4 United Nations tours
- 5 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 6 Amish
- 7 national/state park in November
- 8 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 9 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 10 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 11 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 12 Hilton Head restaurants
- 13 Cayo Costa State Park
- 14 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 15 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 16 Cross Country NH to WA
- 17 Road trip October
- 18 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 19 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 20 Road Trip
- 21 2 months in Hawaii!
- 22 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 23 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 24 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 25 San Fransisco hotel