I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 2 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 3 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 4 Road Trip SW
- 5 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 6 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 7 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 8 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 9 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 10 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 13 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 14 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 15 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 16 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 17 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 18 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 19 Cape Cod trip report
- 20 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 21 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 22 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 23 Seafood
- 24 2 weeks in Alaska
- 25 San Diego farmer's markets