I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Play Advice
- 2 Arcadia National Park/ Week in Maine
- 3 We're missing one night's hotel accommodation in Glacier NP
- 4 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 5 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 6 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 7 Napa Valley Weekend
- 8 2 weeks to see Grand Canyons, ending in Las Vegas, where to start?
- 9 A Taste of Alaska’s Bounty
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 12 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 13 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 14 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 15 CA Trip - include Mammoth Lakes OR Yosemite?
- 16 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 17 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 18 Driving from Missoula to Many Glacier Hotel
- 19 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 20 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 21 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 22 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 23 Carlsbad Caverns
- 24 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 25 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,