I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 2 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 3 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 4 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 5 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 6 Las Vegas in March
- 7 Just started to plan my Mid-March visit to Alaska!
- 8 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 9 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 10 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 11 Clearwater visit.
- 12 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 13 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 14 2nd Trip to Alaska, Looking for some off the beaten path suggestions
- 15 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 16 hotels near Denali
- 17 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 18 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 19 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 20 Lunch on the Turquoise Trail
- 21 Utah 2
- 22 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 23 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 24 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 25 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18