I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which hotel in Washington, D.C.?
- 2 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 3 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 4 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 5 Redwood National Forest
- 6 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 7 Biltmore Estate - Asheville, NC
- 8 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 9 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 10 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 11 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 12 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 13 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 14 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 15 Driving from Chicago to Miami, first time.
- 16 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 17 Help formulate itinerary for Florida keys
- 18 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 19 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 20 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 21 a tourist in DC this February
- 22 Springtime in Florida
- 23 Kings and Sequoia.
- 24 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 25 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?