I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 3 California road trip
- 4 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 5 Seattle Hyatts
- 6 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 7 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 8 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 9 San Diego - wher to stay
- 10 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 11 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 12 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 13 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 14 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 15 Berkshires in late October
- 16 2 day in Adirondack park
- 17 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 18 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 19 NYC Clubs for live music
- 20 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 21 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 22 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 23 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 Vail or Aspen in summertime?