I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 2 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 3 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 4 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 5 JFK to Washington
- 6 Christmas in Colorado
- 7 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 8 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 9 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 10 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 11 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 12 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 13 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 14 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 15 How much time in Badlands?
- 16 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 17 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 18 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 19 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 20 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 21 Where to live in the North East
- 22 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations
- 24 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 25 Houston during hurricane