I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 Northwest Passage
- 4 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 7 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 8 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 9 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 10 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 11 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 12 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 13 Northwest Car Trip
- 14 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 17 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 22 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 25 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide