I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 Where to go in Maine?
- 6 Jersey City Parking
- 7 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 8 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 9 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 10 SF to DR? WTH!
- 11 Kennebunkport and....?
- 12 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 13 NYC Itinerary Help
- 14 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 17 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 18 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 19 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 20 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 21 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 22 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 23 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 24 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 25 Washington, DC to Boston