I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Reno
- 2 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 3 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 4 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 5 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 6 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 7 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 8 Retiring to Tucson
- 9 Trinity Site, NM
- 10 Santa Fe Itineray
- 11 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 12 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 13 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 16 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 17 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 18 North Carolina airports
- 19 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 20 Boston to Naples florida
- 21 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 22 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 10 days vacation in California