I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Skiing
- 2 American Honeymoon in March
- 3 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 4 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 5 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 6 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 9 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 10 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 11 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 12 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 15 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 16 From Seattle airport to the city
- 17 Middle America in October
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 visit to HIghLine
- 20 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 21 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 22 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 25 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go