I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 2 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 3 North Oregon Coast touring
- 4 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 5 Help Please: From JFK to 5th Avenue?
- 6 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 7 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 8 Marthas Vineyard Ferry Questions
- 9 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 10 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 11 Maine for 9 Days- Where to begin??
- 12 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 13 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 14 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 15 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 16 New Orleans to Savannah two weeks
- 17 Drive from Santa Barbara to La Jolla on sunday 2 august ?
- 18 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 19 Michigan advice needed
- 20 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 21 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 22 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 23 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 24 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 25 7 days in Colorado with Family