I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My CA itinerary
- 2 PHL to SEA
- 3 New England Fall trip- road trip
- 4 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 5 Where to advertise Air tickets selling?
- 6 Good areas for families in Tampa, FL
- 7 Hotels Houston
- 8 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 9 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 10 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 11 Maui - best hotels/condos with good snorkeling right at the hotel
- 12 Auto train tips?
- 13 Nashville 2016
- 14 Recent reports on Kapoho & Wai'Ope snorkeling or water conditions?
- 15 I40 East in November
- 16 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 17 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 18 Asbury Park, NJ area help
- 19 Big Island Itinerary Feedback
- 20 Agriturisimos in Napa, Sonoma?
- 21 Newark Airport Hotel for a day
- 22 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 23 Grand Canyon to LA
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Two days and no car in San francisco