I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Haunted Attractions for Halloween
- 2 Please help with 4 day trip to Seattle and Vancouver
- 3 Please help with trip planning for Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver
- 4 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 5 New Orleans weekend, plus a shout out to Sandra Bullock
- 6 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 7 Sedona sold out!
- 8 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 9 Overnight stay in N Central Idaho
- 10 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 11 Where to try hot-air ballooning?
- 12 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 13 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway
- 14 Hawaii Trip in May
- 15 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 16 sunday night getaway between sandiego and los angles
- 17 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 18 Wailea Restaurants?
- 19 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 20 1 day to visit Palm Springs photography itinerary?
- 21 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 22 A week in NYC - first timers
- 23 DC -> Boulder
- 24 Rome/Florence
- 25 Colorado - Photography