I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mount Vernon?
- 2 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 3 Romantic destination in the US
- 4 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 5 Kid School Admission
- 6 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 7 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 8 Alaska Trip Planning
- 9 New York City-New Things?
- 10 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 11 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 12 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 13 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 14 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 15 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 16 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 17 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 18 Looking for a grave in Plattekill, NY
- 19 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 20 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 21 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 22 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 23 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 24 Things to do in La Jolla
- 25 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah