I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado aspen updates
- 2 New England Skiing
- 3 Yosemite Lodging
- 4 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 Worst Restaurants in America
- 7 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 8 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 9 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 10 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 11 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 12 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 13 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 14 What's new on Maui?
- 15 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 16 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 17 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 18 Tucson area flooding
- 19 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 20 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 21 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 22 Oregon Road Trip
- 23 Broadway choices
- 24 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?