I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 2 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 3 Alaska Trip Planning
- 4 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 5 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 6 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 7 Romantic destination in the US
- 8 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 9 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 10 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 11 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 12 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 13 Moving out of states from Florida
- 14 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 15 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 16 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 17 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 18 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 19 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 20 family road trip
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston