I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 2 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 3 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 4 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 5 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 6 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 7 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 8 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 9 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 12 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 13 Tipping advice
- 14 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 15 charleston during Christmas Week
- 16 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 17 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 20 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 21 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 22 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 23 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 24 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 25 Seattle hotel recommendation needed