I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Clearwater FL area
- 2 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 3 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 4 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 5 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 6 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 7 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 8 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 9 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 10 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 11 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 12 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 13 Charleston, SC help
- 14 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 15 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 16 middlebury vt snow
- 17 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 18 Miami Marlins
- 19 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 20 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 21 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 22 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 23 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 24 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 25 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation