I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 2 Parking fine
- 3 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 4 Driving from Baltimore to Savannah Ga
- 5 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 6 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 7 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 8 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 9 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 10 Places to stay in TX...?
- 11 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 12 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 13 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 14 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 15 Pittsburgh Trip
- 16 11 days SE coast road trip
- 17 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 18 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 19 Considering moving to Florida... any opinions?
- 20 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 21 http://newslim5forskolinhit.com/pokemon-emerald-cheats/
- 22 Road trip from and back to New York
- 23 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 24 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 25 resort hotel in downtown San Diego