I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philly
- 2 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 3 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 4 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 5 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 6 NYC IN AUGUST
- 7 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 8 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 9 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 10 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 11 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 12 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 13 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 14 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 15 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 16 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 17 Santa Barbara, California
- 18 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 19 Fancy dining
- 20 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 21 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 22 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 23 Hotel near Miami airport
- 24 culpepper
- 25 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas