I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 2 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 3 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 4 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 5 adams morgan - safety
- 6 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 7 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 8 Morning in miami
- 9 Las Vegas must sees
- 10 Grand Marais?
- 11 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 12 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 13 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 14 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 15 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 16 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 17 Grand Teton in October
- 18 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 19 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 20 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 21 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 22 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 23 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 24 US Southwest
- 25 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME