I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami
- 2 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 3 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 4 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 5 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 6 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 7 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port
- 8 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 9 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 10 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 11 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 Re-Visit DC
- 14 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 15 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 16 Road Trip From Dallas to RMNP through CO Springs.
- 17 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 18 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 19 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 20 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 21 Victoria Clipper to Friday Harbor/San Juan Islands
- 22 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 23 2 day in Adirondack park
- 24 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 25 A specific safety issue in Area Hell's Kitchen, 43th West Street