I am looking at doing a tour of the southern states, for 30 days next march, to get to my teeth stuck into the real taste of southern bar-b-cue. There's a group of 4-5 of us going so we're thinking of renting an RV, to save the hassle of finding cheap accommodation, so any tips/ experiences would be good.
We already have an extensive list of hot bar-b-cue spots to go to, and have drawn up a rough route map starting and finishing in Nashville, here's a link for it
So my main questions would be is the route do able in the 30-31 days we want to be there, and other than the fine food, what other distractions can we find on the way. I have a particular interest in blues and jazz, the staxx museum would be very cool, and the history of the civil rights movement wold be interesting as well.
Ideas for a BBQ tour of the Southern states
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado aspen updates
- 2 N California trip questions
- 3 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 4 Fall color yet?
- 5 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 6 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 7 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 8 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 9 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 10 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 11 New England Skiing
- 12 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 13 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 14 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 15 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 16 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 17 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 18 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 19 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 20 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 21 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 22 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 23 Looking for Next Destination
- 24 Yosemite Lodging
- 25 Worst Restaurants in America