I bought a comfortable car this year and DH suggested a road trip. Sounds good to me. We tossed around a few overly ambitious ideas, mapped them out, and became discouraged.
Finally, we've picked the Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. I sent off for the state's Dept of Tourism info and I have lots of great plans for what to see and do there.
I am mapping my trip on an AAA on-line Trip-Tik, it's a pretty good tool. We start from Atlanta and there's a lot to see and do from ATL to Little Rock. Then I get bogged down.
Here's my concern: If you were driving from Little Rock to Albuquerque, what stops would you make? What detours do you recommend? Notable food, museums, small towns, scenic glory along the way? Logical spend-the-night at a point of interest?
Oklahoma City looks interesting with its riverfront and the cowboy museum.
Yes, we will look at recommendations to get off the interstate.While our vacation destination is New Mexico, I love scenic byways.
We plan to be on the road for four to five weeks. April-May.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who lives or has traveled through area. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://supplementplatform.com/alpha-levo-energize/
- 2 Nebo Aerial Works
- 3 http://powerupmale.com/auvela-serum/
- 4 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 5 Is the power adapter plug necessary
- 6 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 7 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 8 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 9 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 10 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 11 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 12 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 13 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 14 Baltimore Weekend
- 15 Dinosaur National Monument
- 16 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 17 Miami airport--safety??
- 18 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 19 US whole month of January where to
- 20 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 21 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 22 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 23 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 24 Things to do in Toronto
- 25 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time
I40 from Little Rock to Albuquerque: any recommendations for food, lodging, sightseeing?