I bought a comfortable car this year and DH suggested a road trip. Sounds good to me. We tossed around a few overly ambitious ideas, mapped them out, and became discouraged.
Finally, we've picked the Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. I sent off for the state's Dept of Tourism info and I have lots of great plans for what to see and do there.
I am mapping my trip on an AAA on-line Trip-Tik, it's a pretty good tool. We start from Atlanta and there's a lot to see and do from ATL to Little Rock. Then I get bogged down.
Here's my concern: If you were driving from Little Rock to Albuquerque, what stops would you make? What detours do you recommend? Notable food, museums, small towns, scenic glory along the way? Logical spend-the-night at a point of interest?
Oklahoma City looks interesting with its riverfront and the cowboy museum.
Yes, we will look at recommendations to get off the interstate.While our vacation destination is New Mexico, I love scenic byways.
We plan to be on the road for four to five weeks. April-May.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who lives or has traveled through area. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco transit options
- 2 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 3 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 6 Honeymoon on PCH
- 7 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 8 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 9 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 10 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 11 No Spam this morning!!
- 12 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 15 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 16 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 17 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 18 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 19 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 20 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 21 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 22 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 23 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 24 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 25 Help us choose a hotel
I40 from Little Rock to Albuquerque: any recommendations for food, lodging, sightseeing?