I bought a comfortable car this year and DH suggested a road trip. Sounds good to me. We tossed around a few overly ambitious ideas, mapped them out, and became discouraged.
Finally, we've picked the Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. I sent off for the state's Dept of Tourism info and I have lots of great plans for what to see and do there.
I am mapping my trip on an AAA on-line Trip-Tik, it's a pretty good tool. We start from Atlanta and there's a lot to see and do from ATL to Little Rock. Then I get bogged down.
Here's my concern: If you were driving from Little Rock to Albuquerque, what stops would you make? What detours do you recommend? Notable food, museums, small towns, scenic glory along the way? Logical spend-the-night at a point of interest?
Oklahoma City looks interesting with its riverfront and the cowboy museum.
Yes, we will look at recommendations to get off the interstate.While our vacation destination is New Mexico, I love scenic byways.
We plan to be on the road for four to five weeks. April-May.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who lives or has traveled through area. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 2 Coffee in Boston?
- 3 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 4 Traveling in winter
- 5 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 6 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 7 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 8 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 9 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 10 Interracial couples traveling south
- 11 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 12 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 13 Nashville Never Been
- 14 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 15 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 16 New orleans recs for family
- 17 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 18 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 19 Later Winter around Mobile
- 20 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 21 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 22 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 23 Uber boston
- 24 Florida keys trip
- 25 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
I40 from Little Rock to Albuquerque: any recommendations for food, lodging, sightseeing?