I bought a comfortable car this year and DH suggested a road trip. Sounds good to me. We tossed around a few overly ambitious ideas, mapped them out, and became discouraged.
Finally, we've picked the Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. I sent off for the state's Dept of Tourism info and I have lots of great plans for what to see and do there.
I am mapping my trip on an AAA on-line Trip-Tik, it's a pretty good tool. We start from Atlanta and there's a lot to see and do from ATL to Little Rock. Then I get bogged down.
Here's my concern: If you were driving from Little Rock to Albuquerque, what stops would you make? What detours do you recommend? Notable food, museums, small towns, scenic glory along the way? Logical spend-the-night at a point of interest?
Oklahoma City looks interesting with its riverfront and the cowboy museum.
Yes, we will look at recommendations to get off the interstate.While our vacation destination is New Mexico, I love scenic byways.
We plan to be on the road for four to five weeks. April-May.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who lives or has traveled through area. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 2 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 3 Sedona for a Month
- 4 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 5 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 6 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 7 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 8 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 9 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 10 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 11 5 days in Colorado
- 12 Safety Concerns
- 13 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 14 40th in Key West
- 15 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 16 Downtown Chicago
- 17 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 18 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 19 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 20 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 21 What to do in San Diego
- 22 Nashville
- 23 Beaches in Florida
- 24 fort lauderdale
- 25 First Trip to Texas -
I40 from Little Rock to Albuquerque: any recommendations for food, lodging, sightseeing?