I bought a comfortable car this year and DH suggested a road trip. Sounds good to me. We tossed around a few overly ambitious ideas, mapped them out, and became discouraged.
Finally, we've picked the Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. I sent off for the state's Dept of Tourism info and I have lots of great plans for what to see and do there.
I am mapping my trip on an AAA on-line Trip-Tik, it's a pretty good tool. We start from Atlanta and there's a lot to see and do from ATL to Little Rock. Then I get bogged down.
Here's my concern: If you were driving from Little Rock to Albuquerque, what stops would you make? What detours do you recommend? Notable food, museums, small towns, scenic glory along the way? Logical spend-the-night at a point of interest?
Oklahoma City looks interesting with its riverfront and the cowboy museum.
Yes, we will look at recommendations to get off the interstate.While our vacation destination is New Mexico, I love scenic byways.
We plan to be on the road for four to five weeks. April-May.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who lives or has traveled through area. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel/Itinerary Washington DC, Family of 5
- 2 Yosemite Hike
- 3 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 4 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 5 http://www.pureasiangarciniareview.com/testadrox/
- 6 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 7 Colorado Hiking in September
- 8 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 9 Bucket List
- 10 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 11 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 12 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 13 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights
- 14 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 15 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 16 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 17 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 18 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 19 48 Hours in NYC
- 20 Travel advice from Cincinnati to West Coast
- 21 Exploring, hiking, camping trip
- 22 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 23 The District by Hilton Club
- 24 Which island for teens
- 25 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
I40 from Little Rock to Albuquerque: any recommendations for food, lodging, sightseeing?