I bought a comfortable car this year and DH suggested a road trip. Sounds good to me. We tossed around a few overly ambitious ideas, mapped them out, and became discouraged.
Finally, we've picked the Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. I sent off for the state's Dept of Tourism info and I have lots of great plans for what to see and do there.
I am mapping my trip on an AAA on-line Trip-Tik, it's a pretty good tool. We start from Atlanta and there's a lot to see and do from ATL to Little Rock. Then I get bogged down.
Here's my concern: If you were driving from Little Rock to Albuquerque, what stops would you make? What detours do you recommend? Notable food, museums, small towns, scenic glory along the way? Logical spend-the-night at a point of interest?
Oklahoma City looks interesting with its riverfront and the cowboy museum.
Yes, we will look at recommendations to get off the interstate.While our vacation destination is New Mexico, I love scenic byways.
We plan to be on the road for four to five weeks. April-May.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who lives or has traveled through area. Thank you for your help.
I40 from Little Rock to Albuquerque: any recommendations for food, lodging, sightseeing?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 2 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 3 Locker at JFK
- 4 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 5 San Diego grocery stores
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Best places to move to Florida?
- 8 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 9 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 10 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 11 Question about Miami travel
- 12 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 13 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 14 Key Largo, FL
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 17 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 18 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 19 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 20 West Coast Bound End of March
- 21 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 22 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 23 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 24 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown