I bought a comfortable car this year and DH suggested a road trip. Sounds good to me. We tossed around a few overly ambitious ideas, mapped them out, and became discouraged.
Finally, we've picked the Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. I sent off for the state's Dept of Tourism info and I have lots of great plans for what to see and do there.
I am mapping my trip on an AAA on-line Trip-Tik, it's a pretty good tool. We start from Atlanta and there's a lot to see and do from ATL to Little Rock. Then I get bogged down.
Here's my concern: If you were driving from Little Rock to Albuquerque, what stops would you make? What detours do you recommend? Notable food, museums, small towns, scenic glory along the way? Logical spend-the-night at a point of interest?
Oklahoma City looks interesting with its riverfront and the cowboy museum.
Yes, we will look at recommendations to get off the interstate.While our vacation destination is New Mexico, I love scenic byways.
We plan to be on the road for four to five weeks. April-May.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who lives or has traveled through area. Thank you for your help.
I40 from Little Rock to Albuquerque: any recommendations for food, lodging, sightseeing?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 2 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 3 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 4 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 5 Best Destination in USA
- 6 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 7 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 8 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 9 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 10 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 11 x mas
- 12 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 13 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 14 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 15 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 16 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 18 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 19 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 20 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 21 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach