I bought a comfortable car this year and DH suggested a road trip. Sounds good to me. We tossed around a few overly ambitious ideas, mapped them out, and became discouraged.
Finally, we've picked the Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. I sent off for the state's Dept of Tourism info and I have lots of great plans for what to see and do there.
I am mapping my trip on an AAA on-line Trip-Tik, it's a pretty good tool. We start from Atlanta and there's a lot to see and do from ATL to Little Rock. Then I get bogged down.
Here's my concern: If you were driving from Little Rock to Albuquerque, what stops would you make? What detours do you recommend? Notable food, museums, small towns, scenic glory along the way? Logical spend-the-night at a point of interest?
Oklahoma City looks interesting with its riverfront and the cowboy museum.
Yes, we will look at recommendations to get off the interstate.While our vacation destination is New Mexico, I love scenic byways.
We plan to be on the road for four to five weeks. April-May.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who lives or has traveled through area. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 2 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 3 https://staminonmaleenhancement.wordpress.com/
- 4 Hajj and Umrah Packages
- 5 http://www.mylaviveeyeserum.com/staminon-reviews/
- 6 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 7 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 8 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 9 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 10 Help with first time
- 11 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 12 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 13 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 14 Discounted Rental Car?
- 15 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 16 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 17 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 18 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 19 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 20 BYOB in New York City
- 21 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 22 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 23 Inexpensive family getaways
- 24 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 25 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
I40 from Little Rock to Albuquerque: any recommendations for food, lodging, sightseeing?