I bought a comfortable car this year and DH suggested a road trip. Sounds good to me. We tossed around a few overly ambitious ideas, mapped them out, and became discouraged.
Finally, we've picked the Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. I sent off for the state's Dept of Tourism info and I have lots of great plans for what to see and do there.
I am mapping my trip on an AAA on-line Trip-Tik, it's a pretty good tool. We start from Atlanta and there's a lot to see and do from ATL to Little Rock. Then I get bogged down.
Here's my concern: If you were driving from Little Rock to Albuquerque, what stops would you make? What detours do you recommend? Notable food, museums, small towns, scenic glory along the way? Logical spend-the-night at a point of interest?
Oklahoma City looks interesting with its riverfront and the cowboy museum.
Yes, we will look at recommendations to get off the interstate.While our vacation destination is New Mexico, I love scenic byways.
We plan to be on the road for four to five weeks. April-May.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who lives or has traveled through area. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 2 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 3 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 4 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 5 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 6 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 7 Newark to Paris
- 8 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 9 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 10 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 11 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 12 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 13 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 14 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 15 Napa Valley Hotel
- 16 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 17 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 18 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 19 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 20 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 21 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 22 Depot Bay OR
- 23 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 24 A June trip to Kauai
- 25 Across the United States by Train
I40 from Little Rock to Albuquerque: any recommendations for food, lodging, sightseeing?