I bought a comfortable car this year and DH suggested a road trip. Sounds good to me. We tossed around a few overly ambitious ideas, mapped them out, and became discouraged.
Finally, we've picked the Land of Enchantment: New Mexico! I've always wanted to go there. I sent off for the state's Dept of Tourism info and I have lots of great plans for what to see and do there.
I am mapping my trip on an AAA on-line Trip-Tik, it's a pretty good tool. We start from Atlanta and there's a lot to see and do from ATL to Little Rock. Then I get bogged down.
Here's my concern: If you were driving from Little Rock to Albuquerque, what stops would you make? What detours do you recommend? Notable food, museums, small towns, scenic glory along the way? Logical spend-the-night at a point of interest?
Oklahoma City looks interesting with its riverfront and the cowboy museum.
Yes, we will look at recommendations to get off the interstate.While our vacation destination is New Mexico, I love scenic byways.
We plan to be on the road for four to five weeks. April-May.
I am very interested in hearing from anyone who lives or has traveled through area. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Sure in June
- 2 Carmel Monterey
- 3 How many states have you been to?
- 4 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 5 Santa Fe Itineray
- 6 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 7 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 8 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 9 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 10 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 11 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 12 Roadtrip July 2017
- 13 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 14 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 15 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 16 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 17 Retiring to Tucson
- 18 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 19 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 20 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 21 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 22 Arches Devils Garden
- 23 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 24 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 25 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
I40 from Little Rock to Albuquerque: any recommendations for food, lodging, sightseeing?