I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 5 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 6 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 7 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 8 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 9 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 10 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 11 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 12 Breckenridge in October
- 13 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 14 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 15 Richmond highlights?
- 16 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 17 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 20 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 21 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 22 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 23 Washington DC in Spring?
- 24 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 25 montana vs ft nelson bc area