I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US
- 1 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 2 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 3 Newport, RI Questions
- 4 Meredith New Hampshire
- 5 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 6 California, Northern
- 7 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 8 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 9 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 10 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 11 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 12 Seatlle, WA
- 13 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 14 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 15 Around North America (cruise)
- 16 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 17 Boston and surrounding area
- 18 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 19 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 20 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 21 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 22 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 23 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 24 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 25 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs