I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe Itineray
- 2 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 3 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 4 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 5 Hotel in Reno
- 6 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 7 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 8 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 9 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 10 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 11 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 12 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 13 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 16 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 17 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 18 Retiring to Tucson
- 19 Roadtrip July 2017
- 20 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 21 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 22 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 23 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 24 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 25 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US