I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 2 New York City
- 3 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 4 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 Relocating to the Deep South
- 7 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 8 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 9 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 10 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 11 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 12 Arlington funeral plans
- 13 destin resorts
- 14 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 15 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 16 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 17 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 18 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 19 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 20 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 21 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 22 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 23 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 24 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 25 Airfares in the 1970's
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US