I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 2 which river tour out of Haines, Alaska?
- 3 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 4 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 5 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 6 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 7 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 8 Miami Marlins
- 9 Florida or caribbean
- 10 Cross Country RV Trip
- 11 California
- 12 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 13 Northern California in February
- 14 New England September
- 15 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 16 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 17 Adventure Seeker/Artist in Seattle
- 18 Ackislander
- 19 Universal Orlando
- 20 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 21 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 22 Roadtrip in the deep south in August?
- 23 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 24 Portsmouth NH without a car
- 25 East Coast Summer Vacation Destination