I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 7 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 8 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 9 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 10 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 11 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 12 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 15 Brooklyn why?
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 18 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 19 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 20 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 21 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 5 week in US/Mexico
- 24 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 25 10 day trip to California