I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 2 What to pack
- 3 Boston waterfront Italian
- 4 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 5 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 6 First time, Best business class?
- 7 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 8 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 9 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 10 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 11 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 12 Zion and Bryce in July
- 13 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 14 Itinerary Help Needed
- 15 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 16 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 17 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 18 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 19 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 20 Kids Vacation Place
- 21 Desert Southwest
- 22 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 23 If you're in Cleveland for the GOP Convention
- 24 US-Canada road trip help
- 25 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US