I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California road trip
- 2 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 3 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 4 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 5 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 6 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 7 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 8 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 9 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 10 Moving to Montana
- 11 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 12 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 13 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 14 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 15 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 16 Oregon Coast question
- 17 Savanah GA
- 18 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 19 Florida with a 2 year old
- 20 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 21 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 22 Colorado itinerary
- 23 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 24 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 25 Yellowstone NP planning questions
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US