I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 2 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 9 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 12 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 13 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 14 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 15 USA with a 3 year old
- 16 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 17 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 20 Wedding venue in NH
- 21 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 22 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 23 San Diego parks and attractions
- 24 Alaska
- 25 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah