I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 2 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 3 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 4 101 closure
- 5 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 6 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 7 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 8 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 9 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 10 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 11 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 12 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 13 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 14 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 17 Alaska cruise
- 18 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 19 Sonoma
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 New Orleans
- 22 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 23 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 24 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 25 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US