I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WISCONSIN
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 4 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 5 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 8 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 9 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 20 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 24 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?