I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 2 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 3 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 4 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 5 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 6 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 7 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 8 Mystic CT
- 9 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 10 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 11 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 12 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 13 A June trip to Kauai
- 14 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 15 Your favourite places in New York City
- 16 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 17 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 18 Orlando - condoleances
- 19 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 20 1st trip to Colorado
- 21 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 22 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 23 Napa Valley Hotel
- 24 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 25 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US