I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 2 Parka in PA during February?
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 5 Back from the Big Easy
- 6 Border crossing
- 7 Cross country tips
- 8 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 9 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 10 Driving Alaska
- 11 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 12 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 13 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 14 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 15 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 16 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 17 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 18 Ideas for New York
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 23 IAH to HOU Questions
- 24 Jazzfest side trips
- 25 March in New Mexico
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US