I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 2 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 3 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 4 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 5 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 6 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 7 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 8 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 9 Orlando area weather in June
- 10 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 11 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 12 New Itinerary
- 13 Help with Northwest Trip
- 14 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 15 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 16 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 17 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 18 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 19 road trip
- 20 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 21 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 22 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 23 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 24 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 25 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US