I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 2 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 3 help from a true New Yorker.
- 4 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 5 Safety Concerns
- 6 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 7 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 8 Alaska independent tour for group
- 9 Washington DC with kids
- 10 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 11 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 12 5 days in Colorado
- 13 Trip to northern California
- 14 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 15 40th in Key West
- 16 Downtown Chicago
- 17 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 18 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 19 Alaska -public transport
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 Hamilton Broadway
- 22 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 23 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 24 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 25 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US