I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US
- 1 One day in NYC
- 2 Trying To Find a Place
- 3 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 4 Columbus food !
- 5 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 6 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 7 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 8 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 9 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 10 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 11 Late night transportation PDX to downtown Portland?
- 12 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 13 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 14 TIMESHARE uour opinion on buying timeshare
- 15 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 16 Driving trip from Toronto to San Antonio
- 17 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 18 National Parks?
- 19 Marcola?
- 20 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 21 Cape Cod, Nuntucket or Martha's Vineyard
- 22 Updates from Hanalei
- 23 Best Art Museum to visit for first time visitors to DC
- 24 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 25 Hotels in New Orleans