I'm a single Dad and would like to have some quality time with my 13 year old daughter over her summer break. I could use some good advice for planning a 10-14 day driving trip through the southwest U.S. What I envision is flying into Phoenix or Las Vegas, renting a car (or small RV) and spending a day or two at scenic sites, such as The Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. We like easy hikes, guided horse riding, rafting, swimming, etc. I need to do this trip as cost effectively as possible without living in a tent. Rustic and simple is fine.
Have some good advice, itinerary I could use, where we should go, what we should do there, recommendations on where we could stay, etc? I would really appreciate whatever help is available.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 2 Later Winter around Mobile
- 3 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 4 Uber boston
- 5 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 6 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 7 Florida keys trip
- 8 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 9 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
- 10 New orleans recs for family
- 11 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 12 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 13 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 14 Florida beach vacation
- 15 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 16 Hawaii Help
- 17 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 18 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 19 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 20 HAWAII; HELP!
- 21 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 22 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 23 Coffee in Boston?
- 24 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 25 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
I need help planning a 10-14 day driving trip around the Southwest US