In July my husband and I are taking a road trip that will include driving across Colorado via I-70. We will only have a couple of days in this area. I'm looking for any and all advice on what there is to see, especially in the way of scenic views. We were thinking of taking the road that leads to Mt. Evans. From what I have read this is the highest paved road in America, which climbs to 14,264ft. The views from here are supposed to be spectacular! Has anyone driven this road. If so, how was it? What other scenic drives do you reccommend. Also looking for suggestions on nice but inexpensive places to sleep and eat. This is a 2.5 week trip so were on a budget. For meals we would prefer somewhere casual, but with some character. Hotels can be simple as long as there cozy and most of all clean. Would appreciate all the help I can get!
I-70 through the Colorado Rockies?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Key Largo, FL
- 2 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 3 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 4 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 5 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 6 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 7 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 8 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 9 West Coast Bound End of March
- 10 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 11 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 12 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 13 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 14 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 15 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 19 Locker at JFK
- 20 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 Philadelphia
- 23 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 24 San Diego
- 25 Trip to Maine/Quebec City, Canada - August 2013