In July my husband and I are taking a road trip that will include driving across Colorado via I-70. We will only have a couple of days in this area. I'm looking for any and all advice on what there is to see, especially in the way of scenic views. We were thinking of taking the road that leads to Mt. Evans. From what I have read this is the highest paved road in America, which climbs to 14,264ft. The views from here are supposed to be spectacular! Has anyone driven this road. If so, how was it? What other scenic drives do you reccommend. Also looking for suggestions on nice but inexpensive places to sleep and eat. This is a 2.5 week trip so were on a budget. For meals we would prefer somewhere casual, but with some character. Hotels can be simple as long as there cozy and most of all clean. Would appreciate all the help I can get!
I-70 through the Colorado Rockies?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 8 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 9 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 10 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 13 Richmond highlights?
- 14 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 15 Washington DC in Spring?
- 16 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 19 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 20 Must Eats
- 21 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 22 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 23 Florida St George's Island
- 24 Union Square area restaurant
- 25 4 week family trip ideas