In July my husband and I are taking a road trip that will include driving across Colorado via I-70. We will only have a couple of days in this area. I'm looking for any and all advice on what there is to see, especially in the way of scenic views. We were thinking of taking the road that leads to Mt. Evans. From what I have read this is the highest paved road in America, which climbs to 14,264ft. The views from here are supposed to be spectacular! Has anyone driven this road. If so, how was it? What other scenic drives do you reccommend. Also looking for suggestions on nice but inexpensive places to sleep and eat. This is a 2.5 week trip so were on a budget. For meals we would prefer somewhere casual, but with some character. Hotels can be simple as long as there cozy and most of all clean. Would appreciate all the help I can get!
I-70 through the Colorado Rockies?
View all United States activity »
- 1 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 2 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 3 RIP Judy Rogers
- 4 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 5 Princeville in January
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 8 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 9 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 10 Savanah Sojourn
- 11 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 12 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 13 Warm and don't Drive
- 14 pa to az
- 15 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 16 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 17 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 18 Yountville or Napa in February??
- 19 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 20 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 21 Hotel Survey - UCSD student
- 22 4 Day Trip to Colorado
- 23 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 24 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 25 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?