We are relocating from San Antonio to Seattle at the end of February. We are planning to take I 10 to Cali (with a stop at Disneyland) and then up I 5. I planned to stop in Redding on the last night because I can see from maps that just after there is a mountain range and I would rather go through there in daylight.
My question is, bing from south Texas, I have never driven through snow, ice, or mountains and I am terrified. My husband will be driving a u haul and I will be in a chevy malibu (2WD) with my 3 young daughters (6,3,2) and our dog. I am absolutely terrified of heights and ledges and add in the possibility of being up high in a snow storm and I might have an anxiety attack and die on the spot.
Can someone please tell me what the roads are actually like through that area? Will we be up high with views of giant drops? I also see it looks like there is a large bridge over water to cross…. how long is that? How long am I in the mountains for?? I am sure to many of you I sound ridiculous but you have no idea the fear I have and I would rather not be surprised with little ones in the car!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Realistic Sex Doll For Sale
- 2 4 days road trip southern New England
- 3 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 4 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 5 http://maleenhancementshop.info/testonix/
- 6 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 7 Best People Traffic Counters
- 8 My Topic Titlehttp://nutrapumpprovasweden.com/renovie/
- 9 Integrity Repipe Inc
- 10 trip out west horses and rafting
- 11 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 12 California road trip - RV/camping or hotels
- 13 Philly Itinerary Help
- 14 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 15 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 16 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 17 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 18 Costco Travel
- 19 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 20 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 21 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 22 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 23 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 24 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 25 USA family tour