We are relocating from San Antonio to Seattle at the end of February. We are planning to take I 10 to Cali (with a stop at Disneyland) and then up I 5. I planned to stop in Redding on the last night because I can see from maps that just after there is a mountain range and I would rather go through there in daylight.
My question is, bing from south Texas, I have never driven through snow, ice, or mountains and I am terrified. My husband will be driving a u haul and I will be in a chevy malibu (2WD) with my 3 young daughters (6,3,2) and our dog. I am absolutely terrified of heights and ledges and add in the possibility of being up high in a snow storm and I might have an anxiety attack and die on the spot.
Can someone please tell me what the roads are actually like through that area? Will we be up high with views of giant drops? I also see it looks like there is a large bridge over water to cross…. how long is that? How long am I in the mountains for?? I am sure to many of you I sound ridiculous but you have no idea the fear I have and I would rather not be surprised with little ones in the car!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 2 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 3 Summer vacation
- 4 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 5 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 6 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 7 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 8 Nashville Questions
- 9 First Trip to Texas -
- 10 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 11 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 12 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 13 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 14 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 15 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 16 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 17 Driving to Naples fl
- 18 Beaches in Florida
- 19 What to do in San Diego
- 20 Disney for Florida residents
- 21 Our Boston Getaway
- 22 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 23 Ground Transportation Denver Airport to Downtown
- 24 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 25 40th in Key West