We are relocating from San Antonio to Seattle at the end of February. We are planning to take I 10 to Cali (with a stop at Disneyland) and then up I 5. I planned to stop in Redding on the last night because I can see from maps that just after there is a mountain range and I would rather go through there in daylight.
My question is, bing from south Texas, I have never driven through snow, ice, or mountains and I am terrified. My husband will be driving a u haul and I will be in a chevy malibu (2WD) with my 3 young daughters (6,3,2) and our dog. I am absolutely terrified of heights and ledges and add in the possibility of being up high in a snow storm and I might have an anxiety attack and die on the spot.
Can someone please tell me what the roads are actually like through that area? Will we be up high with views of giant drops? I also see it looks like there is a large bridge over water to cross…. how long is that? How long am I in the mountains for?? I am sure to many of you I sound ridiculous but you have no idea the fear I have and I would rather not be surprised with little ones in the car!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://maleenhancementshop.info/endovex/
- 2 NYC For The Day
- 3 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 4 Help me with this
- 5 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 6 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 7 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 8 JFK Terminal 8
- 9 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 10 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 11 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 12 California Trip
- 13 Atlanta With Toddler
- 14 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 15 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 16 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 17 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 18 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 19 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 20 AR State Parks
- 21 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 22 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 23 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 24 9-10 day trip to WA
- 25 Apply in 12th grade for an international student ?