We are relocating from San Antonio to Seattle at the end of February. We are planning to take I 10 to Cali (with a stop at Disneyland) and then up I 5. I planned to stop in Redding on the last night because I can see from maps that just after there is a mountain range and I would rather go through there in daylight.
My question is, bing from south Texas, I have never driven through snow, ice, or mountains and I am terrified. My husband will be driving a u haul and I will be in a chevy malibu (2WD) with my 3 young daughters (6,3,2) and our dog. I am absolutely terrified of heights and ledges and add in the possibility of being up high in a snow storm and I might have an anxiety attack and die on the spot.
Can someone please tell me what the roads are actually like through that area? Will we be up high with views of giant drops? I also see it looks like there is a large bridge over water to cross…. how long is that? How long am I in the mountains for?? I am sure to many of you I sound ridiculous but you have no idea the fear I have and I would rather not be surprised with little ones in the car!
Thanks so much!
I 5 travel Redding to Seattle in late Feb
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in D.C.
- 2 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 3 Jersey City Parking
- 4 Washington DC Metro
- 5 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 Kennebunkport and....?
- 8 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 11 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 12 Where to go in Maine?
- 13 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 14 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 15 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 16 Wedding in Hawaii
- 17 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 18 rain in Kauai
- 19 Alaska cruise and land
- 20 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 21 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 22 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 23 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Autumn stay on Cape Cod