We are relocating from San Antonio to Seattle at the end of February. We are planning to take I 10 to Cali (with a stop at Disneyland) and then up I 5. I planned to stop in Redding on the last night because I can see from maps that just after there is a mountain range and I would rather go through there in daylight.
My question is, bing from south Texas, I have never driven through snow, ice, or mountains and I am terrified. My husband will be driving a u haul and I will be in a chevy malibu (2WD) with my 3 young daughters (6,3,2) and our dog. I am absolutely terrified of heights and ledges and add in the possibility of being up high in a snow storm and I might have an anxiety attack and die on the spot.
Can someone please tell me what the roads are actually like through that area? Will we be up high with views of giant drops? I also see it looks like there is a large bridge over water to cross…. how long is that? How long am I in the mountains for?? I am sure to many of you I sound ridiculous but you have no idea the fear I have and I would rather not be surprised with little ones in the car!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://fornatgaex.com/pure-forskolin-xt-reviews/
- 2 http://shwesanenid.com/biocore-muscle/
- 3 http://fornatgaex.com/pure-forskolin-xt-reviews/
- 4 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 5 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 6 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 7 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 8 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 9 Help with first time
- 10 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 11 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 12 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 13 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 14 Discounted Rental Car?
- 15 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 16 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 17 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 18 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 19 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 20 BYOB in New York City
- 21 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 22 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 23 Inexpensive family getaways
- 24 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 25 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?