We are relocating from San Antonio to Seattle at the end of February. We are planning to take I 10 to Cali (with a stop at Disneyland) and then up I 5. I planned to stop in Redding on the last night because I can see from maps that just after there is a mountain range and I would rather go through there in daylight.
My question is, bing from south Texas, I have never driven through snow, ice, or mountains and I am terrified. My husband will be driving a u haul and I will be in a chevy malibu (2WD) with my 3 young daughters (6,3,2) and our dog. I am absolutely terrified of heights and ledges and add in the possibility of being up high in a snow storm and I might have an anxiety attack and die on the spot.
Can someone please tell me what the roads are actually like through that area? Will we be up high with views of giant drops? I also see it looks like there is a large bridge over water to cross…. how long is that? How long am I in the mountains for?? I am sure to many of you I sound ridiculous but you have no idea the fear I have and I would rather not be surprised with little ones in the car!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 2 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 3 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 4 Beer Bar - NYC
- 5 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 6 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 7 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 8 First Trip to New Mexico
- 9 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 10 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 11 Seattle?
- 12 November redwoods trip
- 13 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 14 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 15 costco Big island
- 16 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 17 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 18 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 19 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 20 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 21 Wedding gifts?
- 22 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 23 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 24 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 25 Layover