For a general sightseeing drive & stay, how many days/nights would be appropriate for the above path? This is likely to be a trip that is "go go go" during the day with the relaxation/leisurely meal in the evenings. Not so much a "hang out and go swimming and nada during the day time". We'd cover a lot of ground during the day, probably.
And, how many "base camps" would you have? For instance, would you stay in one hotel during the Hudson Valley part, doing day trips from there (West Point, various villages, the CIA for a meal, etc) and then move on to another single lodging for the northern part?
What do you think, four days/nights?
This would start and end in NYC - which would probably be another three nights, estimated...
Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas weather?
- 2 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 3 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 4 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 5 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 8 Big island itinerary
- 9 Thousand Islands
- 10 Best Destination in USA
- 11 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 12 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 13 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 14 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 15 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 16 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 17 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 18 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 19 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 20 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 21 New York City and New England
- 22 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 23 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 25 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14