For a general sightseeing drive & stay, how many days/nights would be appropriate for the above path? This is likely to be a trip that is "go go go" during the day with the relaxation/leisurely meal in the evenings. Not so much a "hang out and go swimming and nada during the day time". We'd cover a lot of ground during the day, probably.
And, how many "base camps" would you have? For instance, would you stay in one hotel during the Hudson Valley part, doing day trips from there (West Point, various villages, the CIA for a meal, etc) and then move on to another single lodging for the northern part?
What do you think, four days/nights?
This would start and end in NYC - which would probably be another three nights, estimated...
Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York Food Tours
- 2 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 3 Florida St George's Island
- 4 Richmond highlights?
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 7 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 8 Washington DC in Spring?
- 9 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 10 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 11 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 12 Arches National Park in a day
- 13 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 16 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 17 Looking for Next Destination
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Broadway this week
- 20 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 21 Union Square area restaurant
- 22 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 23 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 24 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 25 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014