For a general sightseeing drive & stay, how many days/nights would be appropriate for the above path? This is likely to be a trip that is "go go go" during the day with the relaxation/leisurely meal in the evenings. Not so much a "hang out and go swimming and nada during the day time". We'd cover a lot of ground during the day, probably.
And, how many "base camps" would you have? For instance, would you stay in one hotel during the Hudson Valley part, doing day trips from there (West Point, various villages, the CIA for a meal, etc) and then move on to another single lodging for the northern part?
What do you think, four days/nights?
This would start and end in NYC - which would probably be another three nights, estimated...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida with a 2 year old
- 2 June 2018 cruise in SE Alaska
- 3 Four days in Maine for Anniversary & Birthday
- 4 7 days in colorado
- 5 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 6 yk's family trip to The Berkshires, July 2017
- 7 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 8 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 9 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 10 Curious question about drug tests and Amsterdam...
- 11 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 12 Please provide info on NYC Tenement Museum
- 13 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 14 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 15 Is a trip to the Florida keys for us?
- 16 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 17 Annual Trip to NOLA - Satchmo and Flooding ?!?
- 18 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 19 Best LUXURY, Ocean Front Condo Rental on Maui for TWO
- 20 Family road trip
- 21 Solo Yosemite Lodging
- 22 Trip to Anchorage
- 23 South road trip
- 24 South road trip
- 25 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent