For a general sightseeing drive & stay, how many days/nights would be appropriate for the above path? This is likely to be a trip that is "go go go" during the day with the relaxation/leisurely meal in the evenings. Not so much a "hang out and go swimming and nada during the day time". We'd cover a lot of ground during the day, probably.
And, how many "base camps" would you have? For instance, would you stay in one hotel during the Hudson Valley part, doing day trips from there (West Point, various villages, the CIA for a meal, etc) and then move on to another single lodging for the northern part?
What do you think, four days/nights?
This would start and end in NYC - which would probably be another three nights, estimated...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 2 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 3 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 4 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 5 Maine- Portland to Bar Habor Advice needed
- 6 Must see places around Burlington, VT
- 7 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 8 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 9 Visting a friend during layover
- 10 florida gulf coast
- 11 Alaska trip itinerary
- 12 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 13 Road trip from San Diego to San Francisco with kids
- 14 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 15 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 16 Road trip advice needed please
- 17 Chicago restaurants
- 18 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 19 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 20 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 21 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 22 Newark long term parking
- 23 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 24 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 25 Help plan my trip please