For a general sightseeing drive & stay, how many days/nights would be appropriate for the above path? This is likely to be a trip that is "go go go" during the day with the relaxation/leisurely meal in the evenings. Not so much a "hang out and go swimming and nada during the day time". We'd cover a lot of ground during the day, probably.
And, how many "base camps" would you have? For instance, would you stay in one hotel during the Hudson Valley part, doing day trips from there (West Point, various villages, the CIA for a meal, etc) and then move on to another single lodging for the northern part?
What do you think, four days/nights?
This would start and end in NYC - which would probably be another three nights, estimated...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 2 Napa valley getaway
- 3 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 4 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 5 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 6 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 7 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 8 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 9 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 10 Desert Southwest
- 11 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 12 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 13 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 14 Boston waterfront Italian
- 15 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 16 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 17 Day in Spokane
- 18 Zion and Bryce in July
- 19 Kids Vacation Place
- 20 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 21 First time, Best business class?
- 22 What to pack
- 23 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 24 summer vacation
- 25 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis