Though I am a regular traveler, I'm never quite sure of how and when to tip a hotel concierge for dinner/show/sightseeing reservations or assistance. Do you tip at the end of your stay, at the time each request is made, or after each request is fulfilled? To complicate matters further, do you deliver the gratuity to the "Concierge Desk" or do you make it a point to get the name of the concierge who handled your request and direct the tip to him/her specifically? Lastly, although tipping is personal and discretionary, I usually give $5 or $10 for a routine dinner reservation...I assume this is satisfactory unless some special service was performed. I'd appreciate the thoughts/advise of seasoned travelers.
How to Tip a Hotel Concierge
- 1 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 2 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 3 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 4 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 5 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 6 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 7 Small Sofas
- 8 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 9 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 10 Trying To Find a Place
- 11 romantic colorado trip
- 12 Fourth of July Weekend
- 13 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 14 Fires in Colorado
- 15 Marcola?
- 16 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 17 Updates from Hanalei
- 18 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 19 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 20 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 21 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 22 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 23 One day in NYC
- 24 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 25 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone