Though I am a regular traveler, I'm never quite sure of how and when to tip a hotel concierge for dinner/show/sightseeing reservations or assistance. Do you tip at the end of your stay, at the time each request is made, or after each request is fulfilled? To complicate matters further, do you deliver the gratuity to the "Concierge Desk" or do you make it a point to get the name of the concierge who handled your request and direct the tip to him/her specifically? Lastly, although tipping is personal and discretionary, I usually give $5 or $10 for a routine dinner reservation...I assume this is satisfactory unless some special service was performed. I'd appreciate the thoughts/advise of seasoned travelers.
How to Tip a Hotel Concierge
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 2 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 3 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 4 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 5 Road Trip From Dallas to RMNP through CO Springs.
- 6 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 7 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 8 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 9 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 10 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 11 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 12 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 13 Victoria Clipper to Friday Harbor/San Juan Islands
- 14 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 15 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 16 2 day in Adirondack park
- 17 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 18 A specific safety issue in Area Hell's Kitchen, 43th West Street
- 19 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port
- 20 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 21 Itinerary suggestion needed for DC
- 22 Re-Visit DC
- 23 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 24 Places to stay in DC
- 25 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help