My husband and I would like to travel by car for 4-6 weeks through the southern, warmer climes of the United States this winter, rather than to deposit ourselves in a resort. We were considering places like Alabama, South Carolina, panhandle of Florida, southern Texas, etc. We are open to suggestions about specific areas and cities and sections of the US that you deem worthy and interesting to visit. We would like to touch upon cultural attractions, noteworthy areas and possibly, unusual, surprising spots. Also, of course, we do appreciate scenery very much/\. We would appreciate your suggestions and information, as well as any literature or travel books that could help to educate us and point us in the right direction. Has anyone done something like this; if so, woould like to hear about your travels. Thanking you in advance for your information. firstname.lastname@example.org We could start out from NY. or fly to a destination and then rent a car. Looking forward to your messages.
How to spend winter vacation weeks traveling by car in US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 2 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 3 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 4 Is the New York subway safe?
- 5 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 6 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 7 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 8 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Where to from Tampa?
- 11 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 12 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 13 Skiing New Mexico
- 14 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 15 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 16 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 17 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 18 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 19 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 20 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 21 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 22 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 23 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 25 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida