My husband and I would like to travel by car for 4-6 weeks through the southern, warmer climes of the United States this winter, rather than to deposit ourselves in a resort. We were considering places like Alabama, South Carolina, panhandle of Florida, southern Texas, etc. We are open to suggestions about specific areas and cities and sections of the US that you deem worthy and interesting to visit. We would like to touch upon cultural attractions, noteworthy areas and possibly, unusual, surprising spots. Also, of course, we do appreciate scenery very much/\. We would appreciate your suggestions and information, as well as any literature or travel books that could help to educate us and point us in the right direction. Has anyone done something like this; if so, woould like to hear about your travels. Thanking you in advance for your information. email@example.com We could start out from NY. or fly to a destination and then rent a car. Looking forward to your messages.
How to spend winter vacation weeks traveling by car in US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 2 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 3 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 4 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 5 Myrtle Beach
- 6 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 9 Colorado in the summer!
- 10 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Washington DC Metro
- 14 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 15 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 20 Travel West Coast
- 21 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 22 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 23 Wine Country Picnic
- 24 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 25 Road trip through the south