My husband and I would like to travel by car for 4-6 weeks through the southern, warmer climes of the United States this winter, rather than to deposit ourselves in a resort. We were considering places like Alabama, South Carolina, panhandle of Florida, southern Texas, etc. We are open to suggestions about specific areas and cities and sections of the US that you deem worthy and interesting to visit. We would like to touch upon cultural attractions, noteworthy areas and possibly, unusual, surprising spots. Also, of course, we do appreciate scenery very much/\. We would appreciate your suggestions and information, as well as any literature or travel books that could help to educate us and point us in the right direction. Has anyone done something like this; if so, woould like to hear about your travels. Thanking you in advance for your information. email@example.com We could start out from NY. or fly to a destination and then rent a car. Looking forward to your messages.
How to spend winter vacation weeks traveling by car in US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Timeshare Nightmares
- 2 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 3 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 4 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 5 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 6 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 9 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 10 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 11 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 12 How to dress in Vegas
- 13 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 14 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 15 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 16 USA trip
- 17 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 18 Chicago Questions
- 19 Air Connections on Maui
- 20 camaro hire in waikiki
- 21 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work