My husband and I would like to travel by car for 4-6 weeks through the southern, warmer climes of the United States this winter, rather than to deposit ourselves in a resort. We were considering places like Alabama, South Carolina, panhandle of Florida, southern Texas, etc. We are open to suggestions about specific areas and cities and sections of the US that you deem worthy and interesting to visit. We would like to touch upon cultural attractions, noteworthy areas and possibly, unusual, surprising spots. Also, of course, we do appreciate scenery very much/\. We would appreciate your suggestions and information, as well as any literature or travel books that could help to educate us and point us in the right direction. Has anyone done something like this; if so, woould like to hear about your travels. Thanking you in advance for your information. firstname.lastname@example.org We could start out from NY. or fly to a destination and then rent a car. Looking forward to your messages.
How to spend winter vacation weeks traveling by car in US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 7 San Diego parks and attractions
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 10 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 11 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 12 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 13 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 18 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 First family ski trip