My husband and I would like to travel by car for 4-6 weeks through the southern, warmer climes of the United States this winter, rather than to deposit ourselves in a resort. We were considering places like Alabama, South Carolina, panhandle of Florida, southern Texas, etc. We are open to suggestions about specific areas and cities and sections of the US that you deem worthy and interesting to visit. We would like to touch upon cultural attractions, noteworthy areas and possibly, unusual, surprising spots. Also, of course, we do appreciate scenery very much/\. We would appreciate your suggestions and information, as well as any literature or travel books that could help to educate us and point us in the right direction. Has anyone done something like this; if so, woould like to hear about your travels. Thanking you in advance for your information. firstname.lastname@example.org We could start out from NY. or fly to a destination and then rent a car. Looking forward to your messages.
How to spend winter vacation weeks traveling by car in US
View all United States activity »
- 1 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 2 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Question about Boulder area
- 5 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 6 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 7 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 8 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 9 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 10 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 11 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 12 Vero Beach FL
- 13 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 14 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 15 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 21 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 22 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?