I'll be going to Big Island the first week of December, and would like to see lava flow fairly up close. How to go about this? What are the optiosn (hike, boat, helicopter) and how much would the latter 2 cost and where to catch the boat/helicopter from? Top preference is to hike. Is the lava good now? Where should I start the hike and how long does it take to get to the place to view the lava?
Thanks for all your help!
How to see lava flow on Big Island?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 2 Must Eats
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 6 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 7 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 8 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 9 Florida St George's Island
- 10 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 11 Union Square area restaurant
- 12 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 15 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 16 Breckenridge in October
- 17 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 20 New York Food Tours
- 21 Richmond highlights?
- 22 Washington DC in Spring?
- 23 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 24 Arches National Park in a day
- 25 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!