I'll be going to Big Island the first week of December, and would like to see lava flow fairly up close. How to go about this? What are the optiosn (hike, boat, helicopter) and how much would the latter 2 cost and where to catch the boat/helicopter from? Top preference is to hike. Is the lava good now? Where should I start the hike and how long does it take to get to the place to view the lava?
Thanks for all your help!
How to see lava flow on Big Island?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 2 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 3 Locker at JFK
- 4 Question about Miami travel
- 5 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 6 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 7 Best places to move to Florida?
- 8 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 9 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 13 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 14 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 15 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 16 West Coast Bound End of March
- 17 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 18 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 19 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 20 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 21 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 25 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots