I'll be going to Big Island the first week of December, and would like to see lava flow fairly up close. How to go about this? What are the optiosn (hike, boat, helicopter) and how much would the latter 2 cost and where to catch the boat/helicopter from? Top preference is to hike. Is the lava good now? Where should I start the hike and how long does it take to get to the place to view the lava?
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 2 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 3 Any Sanibel experts?
- 4 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 5 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 6 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 7 Later Winter around Mobile
- 8 Rafting the Colorado
- 9 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 12 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 13 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 14 Coffee in Boston?
- 15 Nashville Never Been
- 16 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 17 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 18 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 19 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 20 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 21 Traveling in winter
- 22 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 23 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 24 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 25 New orleans recs for family