I'll be going to Big Island the first week of December, and would like to see lava flow fairly up close. How to go about this? What are the optiosn (hike, boat, helicopter) and how much would the latter 2 cost and where to catch the boat/helicopter from? Top preference is to hike. Is the lava good now? Where should I start the hike and how long does it take to get to the place to view the lava?
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 2 Rental car question
- 3 5 or 6 day road trip from Seattle
- 4 Yosemite places to eat in half dome village
- 5 Island Hopping. Need #1 things to do on each island.
- 6 Travel from Lee Vining To Murphy California
- 7 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 8 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 9 South Beach in October
- 10 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 11 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 12 Any suggestions about portable WIFI devices in the US?
- 13 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 14 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 15 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 16 Grand Canyon hike
- 17 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 18 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 19 Live theater in the PNW/BC in October?
- 20 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 21 Quick Acela Questions
- 22 Please help me with directions
- 23 Laguardia - god?/bad? Idea
- 24 Denver/YellowStone /Urgent
- 25 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl