I'll be going to Big Island the first week of December, and would like to see lava flow fairly up close. How to go about this? What are the optiosn (hike, boat, helicopter) and how much would the latter 2 cost and where to catch the boat/helicopter from? Top preference is to hike. Is the lava good now? Where should I start the hike and how long does it take to get to the place to view the lava?
Thanks for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans
- 2 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 3 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 4 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 5 Sonoma
- 6 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 7 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 8 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 9 Alaska cruise
- 10 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 11 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 12 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 13 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 14 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 15 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 16 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 17 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 18 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 19 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 20 AR State Parks
- 21 California Trip
- 22 101 closure
- 23 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 24 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 25 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth