My husband and I are spending our 20th anniversary in California in mid May. We plan to spend 2 nights in San Francisco then rent a car and head to the wine country. We have heard such great things about the coastal drive and would love to see the coast but don' t want to spend to much time driving because of our limited time. We have an additional 4 nights planed after we leave San Francisco and thought we might spend the first night on our way to wine country on the coast but not sure if it is worth the drive or if we should spend our 4 nights in wine country. We have heard Mendocino is nice but seems to be a long drive. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
How to see coast and wine country from San Francisco in 4 days?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 2 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 5 NW Houston restaurant help
- 6 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 7 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 8 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 10 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 11 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 12 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 13 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 14 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 15 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 16 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 17 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 18 charleston during Christmas Week
- 19 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 20 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 23 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 24 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 25 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation