My husband and I are spending our 20th anniversary in California in mid May. We plan to spend 2 nights in San Francisco then rent a car and head to the wine country. We have heard such great things about the coastal drive and would love to see the coast but don' t want to spend to much time driving because of our limited time. We have an additional 4 nights planed after we leave San Francisco and thought we might spend the first night on our way to wine country on the coast but not sure if it is worth the drive or if we should spend our 4 nights in wine country. We have heard Mendocino is nice but seems to be a long drive. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
How to see coast and wine country from San Francisco in 4 days?
View all United States activity »
- 1 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 2 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 3 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 4 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 5 Question about Boulder area
- 6 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 7 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 10 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 11 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 12 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 Biloxi questions again
- 15 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 16 Madison Square Garden
- 17 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 18 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 19 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 20 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 21 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 22 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed