My husband and I are spending our 20th anniversary in California in mid May. We plan to spend 2 nights in San Francisco then rent a car and head to the wine country. We have heard such great things about the coastal drive and would love to see the coast but don' t want to spend to much time driving because of our limited time. We have an additional 4 nights planed after we leave San Francisco and thought we might spend the first night on our way to wine country on the coast but not sure if it is worth the drive or if we should spend our 4 nights in wine country. We have heard Mendocino is nice but seems to be a long drive. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
How to see coast and wine country from San Francisco in 4 days?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 2 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 13 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 16 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 17 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Denver in a half day
- 25 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando