I arrive in Manhattan at 2:30am on a Sunday morning, but cannot check into hotel until about 1pm. How can I enjoyably kill time until about 6 or 7am Sunday? I'll be on foot or subway or taxi. I could settle for parking in an all-nite diner, but I'd rather find a gathering place but not too much like a lizard-strewn bar. Can U recommend a fun or welcoming, low-key all-nite bar or restaurant? Not crowded & over the top. Emphasis on Friendliness & Sociability. Need not be Manhattan. Any other venue besides that? Any late-nite star-gazing or 5K runs??? Other outside events in this nice weather? Even an all-nite church in mid-service service if it's curious enough! I doubt there are any all-nite theaters. I could consider a niteclub, but not too loudly throbbing with young heaving club-goers. I'm fairly familiar with Manhattan below 34th St & with hip enclaves of Brooklyn. A place that can let me leave my suitcase in a safe place would be nice, but not necessary. For that matter, are there any all-nite left-luggage places in Manhattan? Also welcome suggestions on out-of-the-ordinary things to do in NYC. Pretty or colorful neighborhoods to walk or bike in? What are the best parts of Jackson Heights to explore? I discovered Forest Hills Gardens & was enchanted. Can U recommend any walking tours? Old NYC history is one interest.
How to Kill Time Overnite in NYC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 2 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 3 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 6 American Honeymoon in March
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 9 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 10 How to dress in Vegas
- 11 Dining in Manhattan
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015