I arrive in Manhattan at 2:30am on a Sunday morning, but cannot check into hotel until about 1pm. How can I enjoyably kill time until about 6 or 7am Sunday? I'll be on foot or subway or taxi. I could settle for parking in an all-nite diner, but I'd rather find a gathering place but not too much like a lizard-strewn bar. Can U recommend a fun or welcoming, low-key all-nite bar or restaurant? Not crowded & over the top. Emphasis on Friendliness & Sociability. Need not be Manhattan. Any other venue besides that? Any late-nite star-gazing or 5K runs??? Other outside events in this nice weather? Even an all-nite church in mid-service service if it's curious enough! I doubt there are any all-nite theaters. I could consider a niteclub, but not too loudly throbbing with young heaving club-goers. I'm fairly familiar with Manhattan below 34th St & with hip enclaves of Brooklyn. A place that can let me leave my suitcase in a safe place would be nice, but not necessary. For that matter, are there any all-nite left-luggage places in Manhattan? Also welcome suggestions on out-of-the-ordinary things to do in NYC. Pretty or colorful neighborhoods to walk or bike in? What are the best parts of Jackson Heights to explore? I discovered Forest Hills Gardens & was enchanted. Can U recommend any walking tours? Old NYC history is one interest.
How to Kill Time Overnite in NYC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 2 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 3 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 4 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 5 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 6 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 7 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 8 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 9 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 10 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 11 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 12 Tipping advice
- 13 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 14 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 15 charleston during Christmas Week
- 16 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 17 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 20 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 21 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 22 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 23 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 24 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 25 Seattle hotel recommendation needed