I arrive in Manhattan at 2:30am on a Sunday morning, but cannot check into hotel until about 1pm. How can I enjoyably kill time until about 6 or 7am Sunday? I'll be on foot or subway or taxi. I could settle for parking in an all-nite diner, but I'd rather find a gathering place but not too much like a lizard-strewn bar. Can U recommend a fun or welcoming, low-key all-nite bar or restaurant? Not crowded & over the top. Emphasis on Friendliness & Sociability. Need not be Manhattan. Any other venue besides that? Any late-nite star-gazing or 5K runs??? Other outside events in this nice weather? Even an all-nite church in mid-service service if it's curious enough! I doubt there are any all-nite theaters. I could consider a niteclub, but not too loudly throbbing with young heaving club-goers. I'm fairly familiar with Manhattan below 34th St & with hip enclaves of Brooklyn. A place that can let me leave my suitcase in a safe place would be nice, but not necessary. For that matter, are there any all-nite left-luggage places in Manhattan? Also welcome suggestions on out-of-the-ordinary things to do in NYC. Pretty or colorful neighborhoods to walk or bike in? What are the best parts of Jackson Heights to explore? I discovered Forest Hills Gardens & was enchanted. Can U recommend any walking tours? Old NYC history is one interest.
How to Kill Time Overnite in NYC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Refining my California Itinerary
- 2 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 3 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 4 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 5 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 6 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 7 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 8 Oregon Road Trip
- 9 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 10 St. Simon, Georgia
- 11 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 12 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 13 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 Christmas in TX
- 16 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 17 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 18 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 19 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 20 Ben Landa
- 21 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 22 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 23 Tucson area flooding
- 24 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 25 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours