We are driving down to Atlanta area in a couple of weeks from CT. We are debating whether to go through Asheville NC, and then take Rt 23 through Nantahala National Forest to Rt 441 in Georgia.
I was wondering what kind of road is 441. Is the speed limit at least 55mph in most areas? Are there a lot of traffic lights? Is it worth going off interstate to take this route? According to Google maps, going this route only adds 15 minutes to our trip, but it is hard for me to judge if these are 4 lane highways. Will be willing to add a little time to the trip if route 441 is scenic and an interesting drive. I see Tallulah Falls is along the route, is that worth a stop?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Houston MetroRail
- 2 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 3 Houston: see in the eveing???
- 4 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 5 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 6 Road trip around Washington DC
- 7 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 8 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 9 Dining in St. Louis
- 10 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 11 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 12 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 13 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 14 Weather in Chicago
- 15 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 16 Help me with this
- 17 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 18 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 19 New Orleans
- 20 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 21 Oregon road trip
- 22 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 23 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 24 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 25 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!