We are driving down to Atlanta area in a couple of weeks from CT. We are debating whether to go through Asheville NC, and then take Rt 23 through Nantahala National Forest to Rt 441 in Georgia.
I was wondering what kind of road is 441. Is the speed limit at least 55mph in most areas? Are there a lot of traffic lights? Is it worth going off interstate to take this route? According to Google maps, going this route only adds 15 minutes to our trip, but it is hard for me to judge if these are 4 lane highways. Will be willing to add a little time to the trip if route 441 is scenic and an interesting drive. I see Tallulah Falls is along the route, is that worth a stop?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 product and gorge with materials and in addition you bought’t
- 2 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 3 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 4 http://brainfireadvice.com/red-fortera-reviews/
- 5 https://nienamilner.joomla.com/
- 6 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 7 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 8 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 9 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 10 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 11 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 12 DC restaurant report
- 13 Neue Galerie
- 14 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 15 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 16 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 17 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 18 Arizona in winter
- 19 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 20 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 21 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 22 Arizona in late January
- 23 A Few Days in Asheville
- 24 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 25 Going to Oahu December 1-8