We are driving down to Atlanta area in a couple of weeks from CT. We are debating whether to go through Asheville NC, and then take Rt 23 through Nantahala National Forest to Rt 441 in Georgia.
I was wondering what kind of road is 441. Is the speed limit at least 55mph in most areas? Are there a lot of traffic lights? Is it worth going off interstate to take this route? According to Google maps, going this route only adds 15 minutes to our trip, but it is hard for me to judge if these are 4 lane highways. Will be willing to add a little time to the trip if route 441 is scenic and an interesting drive. I see Tallulah Falls is along the route, is that worth a stop?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 2 Any Sanibel experts?
- 3 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 4 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 5 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 6 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 7 Later Winter around Mobile
- 8 Rafting the Colorado
- 9 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 12 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 13 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 14 Coffee in Boston?
- 15 Nashville Never Been
- 16 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 17 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 18 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 19 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 20 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 21 Traveling in winter
- 22 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 23 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 24 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 25 New orleans recs for family