We are driving down to Atlanta area in a couple of weeks from CT. We are debating whether to go through Asheville NC, and then take Rt 23 through Nantahala National Forest to Rt 441 in Georgia.
I was wondering what kind of road is 441. Is the speed limit at least 55mph in most areas? Are there a lot of traffic lights? Is it worth going off interstate to take this route? According to Google maps, going this route only adds 15 minutes to our trip, but it is hard for me to judge if these are 4 lane highways. Will be willing to add a little time to the trip if route 441 is scenic and an interesting drive. I see Tallulah Falls is along the route, is that worth a stop?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
How is Route 441 in northern Georgia?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 2 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 3 10 day trip to California
- 4 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 5 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 6 Drive along the Columbia River
- 7 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 8 Wine Country Picnic
- 9 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 10 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 11 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 12 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 13 Boston/Fenway park
- 14 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 15 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 16 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 17 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Where to go in Maine?
- 20 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 24 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 25 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC