We are driving down to Atlanta area in a couple of weeks from CT. We are debating whether to go through Asheville NC, and then take Rt 23 through Nantahala National Forest to Rt 441 in Georgia.
I was wondering what kind of road is 441. Is the speed limit at least 55mph in most areas? Are there a lot of traffic lights? Is it worth going off interstate to take this route? According to Google maps, going this route only adds 15 minutes to our trip, but it is hard for me to judge if these are 4 lane highways. Will be willing to add a little time to the trip if route 441 is scenic and an interesting drive. I see Tallulah Falls is along the route, is that worth a stop?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 2 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 3 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 4 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 5 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 6 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 7 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 8 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 9 Boston Ideas
- 10 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 11 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 12 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 13 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 14 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 15 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 16 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 17 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 18 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 19 Lake Champlain, VT
- 20 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 21 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 22 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 23 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 24 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 25 Withdrawing cash to buy a car