We are driving down to Atlanta area in a couple of weeks from CT. We are debating whether to go through Asheville NC, and then take Rt 23 through Nantahala National Forest to Rt 441 in Georgia.
I was wondering what kind of road is 441. Is the speed limit at least 55mph in most areas? Are there a lot of traffic lights? Is it worth going off interstate to take this route? According to Google maps, going this route only adds 15 minutes to our trip, but it is hard for me to judge if these are 4 lane highways. Will be willing to add a little time to the trip if route 441 is scenic and an interesting drive. I see Tallulah Falls is along the route, is that worth a stop?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 2 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 Cross country tips
- 5 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 6 Back from the Big Easy
- 7 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 8 Ideas for New York
- 9 Parka in PA during February?
- 10 Border crossing
- 11 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 12 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 13 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 14 Driving Alaska
- 15 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 16 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 17 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 18 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 19 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 20 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 21 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 22 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 23 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 24 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 25 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas