We are driving down to Atlanta area in a couple of weeks from CT. We are debating whether to go through Asheville NC, and then take Rt 23 through Nantahala National Forest to Rt 441 in Georgia.
I was wondering what kind of road is 441. Is the speed limit at least 55mph in most areas? Are there a lot of traffic lights? Is it worth going off interstate to take this route? According to Google maps, going this route only adds 15 minutes to our trip, but it is hard for me to judge if these are 4 lane highways. Will be willing to add a little time to the trip if route 441 is scenic and an interesting drive. I see Tallulah Falls is along the route, is that worth a stop?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
How is Route 441 in northern Georgia?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 Boston area -- nature
- 3 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 4 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 5 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 8 4 week family trip ideas
- 9 SFO black friday traffic
- 10 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 11 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 12 California & French Polynesia
- 13 General Utah planning questions
- 14 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 15 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 16 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 17 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 18 Dining in Manhattan
- 19 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 How to dress in Vegas
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 25 St Patrick's renovations