We are driving down to Atlanta area in a couple of weeks from CT. We are debating whether to go through Asheville NC, and then take Rt 23 through Nantahala National Forest to Rt 441 in Georgia.
I was wondering what kind of road is 441. Is the speed limit at least 55mph in most areas? Are there a lot of traffic lights? Is it worth going off interstate to take this route? According to Google maps, going this route only adds 15 minutes to our trip, but it is hard for me to judge if these are 4 lane highways. Will be willing to add a little time to the trip if route 441 is scenic and an interesting drive. I see Tallulah Falls is along the route, is that worth a stop?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
How is Route 441 in northern Georgia?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ONP help
- 2 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 3 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 4 Road Tour in Usa
- 5 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 6 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 7 So you love handbags!
- 8 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 9 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 10 replica designer handbags
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 13 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 14 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 15 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 16 Re-Visit DC
- 17 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 18 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls
- 19 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 20 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 21 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 22 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami
- 23 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 24 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 25 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port