We are driving down to Atlanta area in a couple of weeks from CT. We are debating whether to go through Asheville NC, and then take Rt 23 through Nantahala National Forest to Rt 441 in Georgia.
I was wondering what kind of road is 441. Is the speed limit at least 55mph in most areas? Are there a lot of traffic lights? Is it worth going off interstate to take this route? According to Google maps, going this route only adds 15 minutes to our trip, but it is hard for me to judge if these are 4 lane highways. Will be willing to add a little time to the trip if route 441 is scenic and an interesting drive. I see Tallulah Falls is along the route, is that worth a stop?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
How is Route 441 in northern Georgia?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arches National Park in a day
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Looking for Next Destination
- 4 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 5 Broadway this week
- 6 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 7 Union Square area restaurant
- 8 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 9 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 10 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 11 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 12 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 15 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 16 Richmond highlights?
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 19 Weekend in NYC
- 20 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 21 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 22 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 23 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 24 New York, New York...
- 25 Shuttle Service from Newark