We met a couple on a cruise last year and hit it off. They are now coming to Connecticut to visit us in July. We have never hosted a couple, never mind a European couple, in our home. Looking for suggestions as to what to provide, what type of welcoming gift, and what types of foods are frowned upon by Europeans? I love to cook and plan to cook in a lot, mostly gourmet, but would also like to make things that would be "american fare" that they might not get at home. Any suggestions or comments? Especially if you are from Connecticut.............what place to take them to, besides NYC. We are in Fairfield County Thanks
House guests from Netherlands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 2 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 3 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 4 WISCONSIN
- 5 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 6 rain in Kauai
- 7 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 8 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 9 Washington, DC to Boston
- 10 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 11 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 12 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 13 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 14 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 17 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 18 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 19 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 20 San Diego Trip Report
- 21 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 5 week in US/Mexico
- 24 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 25 Easter lunch/brunch suggestions for Panama City Beach