We met a couple on a cruise last year and hit it off. They are now coming to Connecticut to visit us in July. We have never hosted a couple, never mind a European couple, in our home. Looking for suggestions as to what to provide, what type of welcoming gift, and what types of foods are frowned upon by Europeans? I love to cook and plan to cook in a lot, mostly gourmet, but would also like to make things that would be "american fare" that they might not get at home. Any suggestions or comments? Especially if you are from Connecticut.............what place to take them to, besides NYC. We are in Fairfield County Thanks
House guests from Netherlands
View all United States activity »
- 1 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 2 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 3 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 4 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 5 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 6 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 7 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 8 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 9 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 10 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 11 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 12 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 13 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 14 St. Augustine, Florida
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 San Antonio
- 17 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 Where should I move to?
- 20 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 21 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 22 Fripp island
- 23 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 24 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 25 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip