We met a couple on a cruise last year and hit it off. They are now coming to Connecticut to visit us in July. We have never hosted a couple, never mind a European couple, in our home. Looking for suggestions as to what to provide, what type of welcoming gift, and what types of foods are frowned upon by Europeans? I love to cook and plan to cook in a lot, mostly gourmet, but would also like to make things that would be "american fare" that they might not get at home. Any suggestions or comments? Especially if you are from Connecticut.............what place to take them to, besides NYC. We are in Fairfield County Thanks
House guests from Netherlands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Door County Suggestions
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 6 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 12 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 15 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 18 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 23 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 24 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 25 Denver in a half day