After searching around Newark Int'l Airport at 10:30PM for a Holiday Inn, which should have been visable from the airport, I finally stopped at a Howard Johnson to inquire. The long and the short of it is that the hotel at 200 Frontage Rd is now the Ramada. I had passed the Ramada three times in my search. The desk attendant said "Gee, Orbit knows we're now the Ramada." Obviously, Cheap Tickets didn't. Frontage Rd is not too easy to find. I think I know why the Holiday Inn got out. While the lobby was nice, the computer stations charged by the minute and the room left something to be desired. The furniture is beaten, the slot for tissues in the bathroon had no holder, thus no tissues, a light switch didn't work (I was told "the parts are on order."), a window couldn't close completely, the air conditioner's nobs, as well as the description of what they would do was missing, at least one electric outlet was loose and coming away from the wall, the 50 TV channels had lost about 10, the toilet paper was only slightly thicker than the towels and there appeared to be mold on the bathroom ceiling. However, the remote worked and the bed was comfortable.
Hotle near Newark Int'l Airport
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 8 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 20 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 24 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?