After searching around Newark Int'l Airport at 10:30PM for a Holiday Inn, which should have been visable from the airport, I finally stopped at a Howard Johnson to inquire. The long and the short of it is that the hotel at 200 Frontage Rd is now the Ramada. I had passed the Ramada three times in my search. The desk attendant said "Gee, Orbit knows we're now the Ramada." Obviously, Cheap Tickets didn't. Frontage Rd is not too easy to find. I think I know why the Holiday Inn got out. While the lobby was nice, the computer stations charged by the minute and the room left something to be desired. The furniture is beaten, the slot for tissues in the bathroon had no holder, thus no tissues, a light switch didn't work (I was told "the parts are on order."), a window couldn't close completely, the air conditioner's nobs, as well as the description of what they would do was missing, at least one electric outlet was loose and coming away from the wall, the 50 TV channels had lost about 10, the toilet paper was only slightly thicker than the towels and there appeared to be mold on the bathroom ceiling. However, the remote worked and the bed was comfortable.
Hotle near Newark Int'l Airport
View all United States activity »
- 1 California Tour Groups?
- 2 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 3 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 6 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 7 Apartment For Rent in Philadelphia
- 8 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 9 Warm and don't Drive
- 10 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 11 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 12 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 13 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 14 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 15 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Savanah Sojourn
- 18 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 19 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 20 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 21 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 22 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 23 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 24 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 25 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move