After searching around Newark Int'l Airport at 10:30PM for a Holiday Inn, which should have been visable from the airport, I finally stopped at a Howard Johnson to inquire. The long and the short of it is that the hotel at 200 Frontage Rd is now the Ramada. I had passed the Ramada three times in my search. The desk attendant said "Gee, Orbit knows we're now the Ramada." Obviously, Cheap Tickets didn't. Frontage Rd is not too easy to find. I think I know why the Holiday Inn got out. While the lobby was nice, the computer stations charged by the minute and the room left something to be desired. The furniture is beaten, the slot for tissues in the bathroon had no holder, thus no tissues, a light switch didn't work (I was told "the parts are on order."), a window couldn't close completely, the air conditioner's nobs, as well as the description of what they would do was missing, at least one electric outlet was loose and coming away from the wall, the 50 TV channels had lost about 10, the toilet paper was only slightly thicker than the towels and there appeared to be mold on the bathroom ceiling. However, the remote worked and the bed was comfortable.
Hotle near Newark Int'l Airport
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 2 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 3 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 4 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 5 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 6 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 7 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 10 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 11 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 12 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 13 Tipping advice
- 14 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 15 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 17 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 18 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 19 Christmas weather?
- 20 Big island itinerary
- 21 New York City and New England
- 22 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 23 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 24 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 25 Thousand Islands