After searching around Newark Int'l Airport at 10:30PM for a Holiday Inn, which should have been visable from the airport, I finally stopped at a Howard Johnson to inquire. The long and the short of it is that the hotel at 200 Frontage Rd is now the Ramada. I had passed the Ramada three times in my search. The desk attendant said "Gee, Orbit knows we're now the Ramada." Obviously, Cheap Tickets didn't. Frontage Rd is not too easy to find. I think I know why the Holiday Inn got out. While the lobby was nice, the computer stations charged by the minute and the room left something to be desired. The furniture is beaten, the slot for tissues in the bathroon had no holder, thus no tissues, a light switch didn't work (I was told "the parts are on order."), a window couldn't close completely, the air conditioner's nobs, as well as the description of what they would do was missing, at least one electric outlet was loose and coming away from the wall, the 50 TV channels had lost about 10, the toilet paper was only slightly thicker than the towels and there appeared to be mold on the bathroom ceiling. However, the remote worked and the bed was comfortable.
Hotle near Newark Int'l Airport
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 3 East Coast in December
- 4 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 5 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 6 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 7 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 8 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 11 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 12 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 13 Florida St George's Island
- 14 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 15 Washington DC in Spring?
- 16 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 17 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 18 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 19 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 20 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 21 Weekend in NYC
- 22 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 23 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 24 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 25 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!