After searching around Newark Int'l Airport at 10:30PM for a Holiday Inn, which should have been visable from the airport, I finally stopped at a Howard Johnson to inquire. The long and the short of it is that the hotel at 200 Frontage Rd is now the Ramada. I had passed the Ramada three times in my search. The desk attendant said "Gee, Orbit knows we're now the Ramada." Obviously, Cheap Tickets didn't. Frontage Rd is not too easy to find. I think I know why the Holiday Inn got out. While the lobby was nice, the computer stations charged by the minute and the room left something to be desired. The furniture is beaten, the slot for tissues in the bathroon had no holder, thus no tissues, a light switch didn't work (I was told "the parts are on order."), a window couldn't close completely, the air conditioner's nobs, as well as the description of what they would do was missing, at least one electric outlet was loose and coming away from the wall, the 50 TV channels had lost about 10, the toilet paper was only slightly thicker than the towels and there appeared to be mold on the bathroom ceiling. However, the remote worked and the bed was comfortable.
Hotle near Newark Int'l Airport
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Travel West Coast
- 3 Rafting near Denali
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 6 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 7 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 8 Where to go in Maine?
- 9 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 10 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 11 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 12 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 13 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 14 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Kennebunkport and....?
- 17 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 18 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 19 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 Jersey City Parking
- 22 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 23 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 24 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH