We will be going to Utah to tour around the national parks in mid to late August, more than likely around Arches/Canyonlands. Since we are not sure where we will be from day to day, I thought about just going there without hotel reservations. Do the hotels in this area (Moab particularly) usually fill up this time of year? Would I be able to get a hotel without an advanced reservation same day? Any advice for those who have been to this area this time of year would be great. I like the flexibility to get up and go from town to town without the constraint of a hotel reservation if you know what I mean. Would also be open to other lodging ideas. Since we will be flying in, can't bring a bunch of camping gear with us.
hotels/lodging around national parks
View all United States activity »
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 Warm and don't Drive
- 3 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 4 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 7 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 8 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 9 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 10 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 11 RIP Judy Rogers
- 12 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 15 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 16 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 20 Princeville in January
- 21 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 22 pa to az
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 Savanah Sojourn
- 25 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?