We will be going to Utah to tour around the national parks in mid to late August, more than likely around Arches/Canyonlands. Since we are not sure where we will be from day to day, I thought about just going there without hotel reservations. Do the hotels in this area (Moab particularly) usually fill up this time of year? Would I be able to get a hotel without an advanced reservation same day? Any advice for those who have been to this area this time of year would be great. I like the flexibility to get up and go from town to town without the constraint of a hotel reservation if you know what I mean. Would also be open to other lodging ideas. Since we will be flying in, can't bring a bunch of camping gear with us.
hotels/lodging around national parks
- 1 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 2 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 3 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 4 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 5 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 6 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 7 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 8 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 9 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 10 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 11 Using public transit in San Diego
- 12 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 13 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 14 Memphis Tours
- 15 D.C. in a day
- 16 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 17 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 18 A Visit to Charleston
- 19 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 22 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 23 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 24 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 25 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!