My husband and I are taking a trip to NO for our 2nd wedding anniversary from August 6-10. I am looking for some recommendations on hotels in the French Quarter. Right now, we are looking at Omni Royal Orleans and Dauphine Orleans. I'm leaning towards these two because they are within our budget (around $135/$140) and have some nicer looking pools to relieve ourselves from the humid weather. They also seem to have some great NO charm without seeming too outdated. The cheaper room in Royal Orleans seems to be pretty small, but we don't spend too much time in the room and have spent many nights in itty bitty European hotel rooms.
Does anyone have any advice or prefer one over the other? Or a third hotel to throw into the mix?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for New York
- 2 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 3 No Spam this morning!!
- 4 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 5 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 6 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 7 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 8 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 9 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 10 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 11 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 12 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 13 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 14 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 15 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 16 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 17 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 18 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 19 Help us choose a hotel
- 20 Honeymoon on PCH
- 21 Magic Show
- 22 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 23 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 24 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 25 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017