Can anyone tell me anything about using a debit card (versus credit card) at a hotel at check in? I am told that debit cards might not be accepted. Why? I just booked hotels for a cross country trip on either Priceline or Hotwire. My rooms are prepaid. But I am hearing that hotels may not accept debit cards ( I don't have any credit cards) and that they will block $$ when you check in. My room is prepaid. Does anyone have any experience with this? What can I expect??? Thanks!
Hotels and Debit Cards
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 2 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 3 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 4 Best Destination in USA
- 5 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 6 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 7 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 8 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 9 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 10 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 11 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 12 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 13 x mas
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 16 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 17 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 18 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 19 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 20 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 21 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 22 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 23 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 24 New Orleans help please
- 25 Better cooking store in Seattle