Can anyone tell me anything about using a debit card (versus credit card) at a hotel at check in? I am told that debit cards might not be accepted. Why? I just booked hotels for a cross country trip on either Priceline or Hotwire. My rooms are prepaid. But I am hearing that hotels may not accept debit cards ( I don't have any credit cards) and that they will block $$ when you check in. My room is prepaid. Does anyone have any experience with this? What can I expect??? Thanks!
Hotels and Debit Cards
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is the New York subway safe?
- 2 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 3 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 4 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 5 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 6 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 7 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 8 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 9 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 10 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 11 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 12 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 13 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 14 Chicago Questions
- 15 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 16 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 17 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 18 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 19 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 20 Chicago eateries downtown
- 21 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 22 Where to from Tampa?
- 23 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 24 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 25 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)