I'll be visiting New York in August, and I'm looking at hotels - I know it's early days, but I believe in making reservations as early as possible. I'm a female traveling on my own. I want an hotel with a kitchenette, just in case I don't feel like going out and looking for a restaurant in the evening, after having walked all day long.
So far, I've found 3 which seem to meet my requirements,and which are quite cheap (considering the general price in New York hotels), which allows me to stay a pair of days more in your beautiful city: the Salisbury hotel, Radio City Apartments and the Affinia Manhattan hotel. Which one would you choose? Or would you prefer any others?
I've read reviews on Tripadvisor, and they seem quite similar. Some people here don't seem to like the Affinia situation, but people on tripadvisor don't seem to find it a problem, and the rooms look nicer/more modern. Is it dangerous for a lone female late at night?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 2 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 3 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 4 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 5 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 6 Boston waterfront Italian
- 7 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 8 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 9 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 10 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 11 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 12 Kids Vacation Place
- 13 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 14 Napa valley getaway
- 15 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 16 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 17 Day in Spokane
- 18 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 19 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 20 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 Desert Southwest
- 23 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 24 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 25 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017