I'll be visiting New York in August, and I'm looking at hotels - I know it's early days, but I believe in making reservations as early as possible. I'm a female traveling on my own. I want an hotel with a kitchenette, just in case I don't feel like going out and looking for a restaurant in the evening, after having walked all day long.
So far, I've found 3 which seem to meet my requirements,and which are quite cheap (considering the general price in New York hotels), which allows me to stay a pair of days more in your beautiful city: the Salisbury hotel, Radio City Apartments and the Affinia Manhattan hotel. Which one would you choose? Or would you prefer any others?
I've read reviews on Tripadvisor, and they seem quite similar. Some people here don't seem to like the Affinia situation, but people on tripadvisor don't seem to find it a problem, and the rooms look nicer/more modern. Is it dangerous for a lone female late at night?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 2 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 3 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 4 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 5 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 6 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 7 Santa Fe Itineray
- 8 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 9 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 10 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 11 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 12 Trinity Site, NM
- 13 Hotel in Reno
- 14 North Carolina airports
- 15 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 16 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 17 Boston to Naples florida
- 18 Retiring to Tucson
- 19 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 20 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 21 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 22 best health clubs with lap pools
- 23 10 days vacation in California
- 24 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 25 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine