I am looking to stay in the Pittsburgh area for an event at University of Pittsburgh in early August. I will have a car, so do not mind staying a bit out of the city - but no more than a 30 minute drive to the U Pitt Trees Pool. I have a reservation at the Residence Inn North Shore, but just noticed that the Pitt Tigers have a 3 game home streak during the time that I will be there AND that hotel is right across the street from the stadium. The most important thing for me is quiet - I am a light sleeper and since I will be there for 5 nights, I need a quiet location. I generally prefer suite type hotels, since I am traveling with my teenage son. Are there any hotels in a quiet suburban area near PITT? I did see a brand new Residence Inn located in Monroeville/Wilkins Township. Will this be too long a commute to Univ of Pitt on a thurs and friday morning? Is this hotel in a quiet suburban location? thanks, barbfam
Hotel in Quiet Location near Univ of Pitt
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 2 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 13 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 16 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 17 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Denver in a half day
- 25 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando