I am looking to stay in the Pittsburgh area for an event at University of Pittsburgh in early August. I will have a car, so do not mind staying a bit out of the city - but no more than a 30 minute drive to the U Pitt Trees Pool. I have a reservation at the Residence Inn North Shore, but just noticed that the Pitt Tigers have a 3 game home streak during the time that I will be there AND that hotel is right across the street from the stadium. The most important thing for me is quiet - I am a light sleeper and since I will be there for 5 nights, I need a quiet location. I generally prefer suite type hotels, since I am traveling with my teenage son. Are there any hotels in a quiet suburban area near PITT? I did see a brand new Residence Inn located in Monroeville/Wilkins Township. Will this be too long a commute to Univ of Pitt on a thurs and friday morning? Is this hotel in a quiet suburban location? thanks, barbfam
Hotel in Quiet Location near Univ of Pitt
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 san diego or nearby area
- 2 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 3 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 4 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 5 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 6 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 7 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 8 Moving to CT
- 9 LA for a day and a half
- 10 Hotels Philly
- 11 Northwest USA
- 12 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 13 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 14 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 15 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 16 Texas
- 17 Ackislander
- 18 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 19 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 20 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 21 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 22 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 23 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 24 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 25 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA