I am looking to stay in the Pittsburgh area for an event at University of Pittsburgh in early August. I will have a car, so do not mind staying a bit out of the city - but no more than a 30 minute drive to the U Pitt Trees Pool. I have a reservation at the Residence Inn North Shore, but just noticed that the Pitt Tigers have a 3 game home streak during the time that I will be there AND that hotel is right across the street from the stadium. The most important thing for me is quiet - I am a light sleeper and since I will be there for 5 nights, I need a quiet location. I generally prefer suite type hotels, since I am traveling with my teenage son. Are there any hotels in a quiet suburban area near PITT? I did see a brand new Residence Inn located in Monroeville/Wilkins Township. Will this be too long a commute to Univ of Pitt on a thurs and friday morning? Is this hotel in a quiet suburban location? thanks, barbfam
Hotel in Quiet Location near Univ of Pitt
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 2 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 3 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 4 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 5 Looking for Next Destination
- 6 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 7 Moving to New Jersey
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 10 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 11 St. Simon, Georgia
- 12 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 13 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 14 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 15 West Coast Road Trip
- 16 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 17 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 18 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 19 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 20 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 21 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 22 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 23 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 24 California
- 25 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?