I am looking to stay in the Pittsburgh area for an event at University of Pittsburgh in early August. I will have a car, so do not mind staying a bit out of the city - but no more than a 30 minute drive to the U Pitt Trees Pool. I have a reservation at the Residence Inn North Shore, but just noticed that the Pitt Tigers have a 3 game home streak during the time that I will be there AND that hotel is right across the street from the stadium. The most important thing for me is quiet - I am a light sleeper and since I will be there for 5 nights, I need a quiet location. I generally prefer suite type hotels, since I am traveling with my teenage son. Are there any hotels in a quiet suburban area near PITT? I did see a brand new Residence Inn located in Monroeville/Wilkins Township. Will this be too long a commute to Univ of Pitt on a thurs and friday morning? Is this hotel in a quiet suburban location? thanks, barbfam
Hotel in Quiet Location near Univ of Pitt
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Yosemite Fire -Contingency Plan
- 4 Santa Barbara, California
- 5 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 6 Charlotte restaurant help
- 7 Itinerary opinions
- 8 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 9 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Help me o plan a trip from Calary to US
- 12 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 13 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 14 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 15 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 16 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 17 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 18 Chicago trip
- 19 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 20 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 21 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 22 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 23 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 24 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?