I am looking to stay in the Pittsburgh area for an event at University of Pittsburgh in early August. I will have a car, so do not mind staying a bit out of the city - but no more than a 30 minute drive to the U Pitt Trees Pool. I have a reservation at the Residence Inn North Shore, but just noticed that the Pitt Tigers have a 3 game home streak during the time that I will be there AND that hotel is right across the street from the stadium. The most important thing for me is quiet - I am a light sleeper and since I will be there for 5 nights, I need a quiet location. I generally prefer suite type hotels, since I am traveling with my teenage son. Are there any hotels in a quiet suburban area near PITT? I did see a brand new Residence Inn located in Monroeville/Wilkins Township. Will this be too long a commute to Univ of Pitt on a thurs and friday morning? Is this hotel in a quiet suburban location? thanks, barbfam
Hotel in Quiet Location near Univ of Pitt
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California road trip
- 2 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 5 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 ONP help
- 8 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 11 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 12 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 13 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 14 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 15 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 16 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 17 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 18 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 19 Seattle Hyatts
- 20 Seattle: Something Different?
- 21 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 22 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr