I am looking to stay in the Pittsburgh area for an event at University of Pittsburgh in early August. I will have a car, so do not mind staying a bit out of the city - but no more than a 30 minute drive to the U Pitt Trees Pool. I have a reservation at the Residence Inn North Shore, but just noticed that the Pitt Tigers have a 3 game home streak during the time that I will be there AND that hotel is right across the street from the stadium. The most important thing for me is quiet - I am a light sleeper and since I will be there for 5 nights, I need a quiet location. I generally prefer suite type hotels, since I am traveling with my teenage son. Are there any hotels in a quiet suburban area near PITT? I did see a brand new Residence Inn located in Monroeville/Wilkins Township. Will this be too long a commute to Univ of Pitt on a thurs and friday morning? Is this hotel in a quiet suburban location? thanks, barbfam
Hotel in Quiet Location near Univ of Pitt
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 4 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 5 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 6 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 7 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 8 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 9 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 10 Best Destination in USA
- 11 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 12 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 13 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 14 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 15 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 16 x mas
- 17 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 18 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 19 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 20 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 21 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 22 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 23 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 24 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 25 New Orleans help please