Well, the "Big Reveal" to my niece and nephew was this weekend (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/pittsburgh-with-a-6-and-8-yr-old.cfm) and they are really excited.
There is a lot to do in Pittsburgh, I had no idea. Current plans are: Aviary (penguins), Zoo (polar bears), Carnegie Museum (dinosaurs) and the Incline. We will be there roughly 24 hours (an overnight) although my brother and the kids live a lot closer so once I leave to drive home they will still have the afternoon to do what they want.
At any rate, I am really hoping the Inn on the Mexican War Streets has room for us. If not, it would be great to stay really close to at least one of our goals. The Inn is apparently very close to the Aviary and the Children's Museum too.
Any other ideas? I looked at the Sheraton and the Marriott, I suppose we could do one of them in a pinch although I'm not sure if they are close to any of the above.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/embova-rx/
- 2 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 3 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 4 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 5 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 6 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 7 Suisse Renewal
- 8 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 9 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 10 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 11 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 12 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 13 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 14 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 15 California Trip
- 16 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 17 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 18 New Orleans
- 19 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 20 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 21 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 22 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 23 Weather in Chicago
- 24 Road trip around Washington DC
- 25 Utah trip Itinerary
Hotel in Pittsburgh near the Aviary (or the Carnegie, or the Zoo?)