Well, the "Big Reveal" to my niece and nephew was this weekend (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/pittsburgh-with-a-6-and-8-yr-old.cfm) and they are really excited.
There is a lot to do in Pittsburgh, I had no idea. Current plans are: Aviary (penguins), Zoo (polar bears), Carnegie Museum (dinosaurs) and the Incline. We will be there roughly 24 hours (an overnight) although my brother and the kids live a lot closer so once I leave to drive home they will still have the afternoon to do what they want.
At any rate, I am really hoping the Inn on the Mexican War Streets has room for us. If not, it would be great to stay really close to at least one of our goals. The Inn is apparently very close to the Aviary and the Children's Museum too.
Any other ideas? I looked at the Sheraton and the Marriott, I suppose we could do one of them in a pinch although I'm not sure if they are close to any of the above.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lava Bike & Hike Tour - Kalapana, Hawaii
- 2 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 3 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 4 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 5 Logistics of long-distance car rental
- 6 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 7 12 Must-Read Rental Car & Road Trip Planning Tips
- 8 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 9 Hawaii wedding
- 10 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 11 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 12 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 13 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 14 Oregon Coast question
- 15 California road trip
- 16 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 17 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 18 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 19 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 20 Moving to Montana
- 21 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 22 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 23 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 24 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 25 Savanah GA
Hotel in Pittsburgh near the Aviary (or the Carnegie, or the Zoo?)