Well, the "Big Reveal" to my niece and nephew was this weekend (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/pittsburgh-with-a-6-and-8-yr-old.cfm) and they are really excited.
There is a lot to do in Pittsburgh, I had no idea. Current plans are: Aviary (penguins), Zoo (polar bears), Carnegie Museum (dinosaurs) and the Incline. We will be there roughly 24 hours (an overnight) although my brother and the kids live a lot closer so once I leave to drive home they will still have the afternoon to do what they want.
At any rate, I am really hoping the Inn on the Mexican War Streets has room for us. If not, it would be great to stay really close to at least one of our goals. The Inn is apparently very close to the Aviary and the Children's Museum too.
Any other ideas? I looked at the Sheraton and the Marriott, I suppose we could do one of them in a pinch although I'm not sure if they are close to any of the above.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 2 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 3 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 4 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 5 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 6 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 7 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 8 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 9 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 10 south west family trip itinerary
- 11 Relocating to the Deep South
- 12 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 13 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 14 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 15 wasting time around JFK
- 16 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 17 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 18 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 19 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 20 SF Restaurant
- 21 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 22 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 23 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
Hotel in Pittsburgh near the Aviary (or the Carnegie, or the Zoo?)