Well, the "Big Reveal" to my niece and nephew was this weekend (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/pittsburgh-with-a-6-and-8-yr-old.cfm) and they are really excited.
There is a lot to do in Pittsburgh, I had no idea. Current plans are: Aviary (penguins), Zoo (polar bears), Carnegie Museum (dinosaurs) and the Incline. We will be there roughly 24 hours (an overnight) although my brother and the kids live a lot closer so once I leave to drive home they will still have the afternoon to do what they want.
At any rate, I am really hoping the Inn on the Mexican War Streets has room for us. If not, it would be great to stay really close to at least one of our goals. The Inn is apparently very close to the Aviary and the Children's Museum too.
Any other ideas? I looked at the Sheraton and the Marriott, I suppose we could do one of them in a pinch although I'm not sure if they are close to any of the above.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 2 driving RT 66
- 3 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 4 Which island for teens
- 5 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 6 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 7 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 8 Colorado Hiking in September
- 9 The District by Hilton Club
- 10 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 11 Acadia National Park
- 12 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 13 Paris on my own
- 14 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 15 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 16 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 17 Road trip San Diego to Seattle
- 18 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 19 Traveling with an infant
- 20 Birthday vacation ideas
- 21 Kauai helicopter flight
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 24 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 25 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
Hotel in Pittsburgh near the Aviary (or the Carnegie, or the Zoo?)