Well, the "Big Reveal" to my niece and nephew was this weekend (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/pittsburgh-with-a-6-and-8-yr-old.cfm) and they are really excited.
There is a lot to do in Pittsburgh, I had no idea. Current plans are: Aviary (penguins), Zoo (polar bears), Carnegie Museum (dinosaurs) and the Incline. We will be there roughly 24 hours (an overnight) although my brother and the kids live a lot closer so once I leave to drive home they will still have the afternoon to do what they want.
At any rate, I am really hoping the Inn on the Mexican War Streets has room for us. If not, it would be great to stay really close to at least one of our goals. The Inn is apparently very close to the Aviary and the Children's Museum too.
Any other ideas? I looked at the Sheraton and the Marriott, I suppose we could do one of them in a pinch although I'm not sure if they are close to any of the above.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 2 Our Boston Getaway
- 3 Nashville Questions
- 4 First Trip to Texas -
- 5 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 6 Ground Transportation Denver Airport to Downtown
- 7 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 8 40th in Key West
- 9 Beaches in Florida
- 10 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 11 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 12 Downtown Chicago
- 13 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 14 Disney for Florida residents
- 15 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 16 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 17 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 18 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 19 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 What to do in San Diego
- 22 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 23 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 24 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 25 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
Hotel in Pittsburgh near the Aviary (or the Carnegie, or the Zoo?)