Well, the "Big Reveal" to my niece and nephew was this weekend (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/pittsburgh-with-a-6-and-8-yr-old.cfm) and they are really excited.
There is a lot to do in Pittsburgh, I had no idea. Current plans are: Aviary (penguins), Zoo (polar bears), Carnegie Museum (dinosaurs) and the Incline. We will be there roughly 24 hours (an overnight) although my brother and the kids live a lot closer so once I leave to drive home they will still have the afternoon to do what they want.
At any rate, I am really hoping the Inn on the Mexican War Streets has room for us. If not, it would be great to stay really close to at least one of our goals. The Inn is apparently very close to the Aviary and the Children's Museum too.
Any other ideas? I looked at the Sheraton and the Marriott, I suppose we could do one of them in a pinch although I'm not sure if they are close to any of the above.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 2 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 3 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 4 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 5 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 6 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 7 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 8 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 9 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 10 How much time in Badlands?
- 11 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 12 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 13 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 14 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 15 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 16 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 17 Christmas in Colorado
- 18 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 19 JFK to Washington
- 20 Where to live in the North East
- 21 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 24 Houston during hurricane
- 25 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
Hotel in Pittsburgh near the Aviary (or the Carnegie, or the Zoo?)