I am planning a trip to NYC from around Dec. 22 to the 27th with my 14 year old son. I have been researching hotels and would like some opinions. My first choice is midtown (yes I know it's crowded, that's what I love about NYC), there's a lot in my price range but would like recommendations, moderately priced, doesn't have to be a big room or fancy accommodations since we will be exploring the city not ordering room service. I've also thought about further downtown, Chelsea, West Village, etc. Uptown is nice but we really want the high rises and hustle/bustle of the city. Am I overlooking a great possibility outside of midtown? Thank you so much. If any of you are ever in sunny Arizona I will be sure and return the favor of suggestions!
hotel for Christmas in New York City
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 5 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 9 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 10 Weekend in NYC
- 11 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 12 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 13 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 14 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 15 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 18 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 21 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 22 Richmond highlights?
- 23 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 24 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 25 Central Park Fall Foliage