I am planning a trip to NYC from around Dec. 22 to the 27th with my 14 year old son. I have been researching hotels and would like some opinions. My first choice is midtown (yes I know it's crowded, that's what I love about NYC), there's a lot in my price range but would like recommendations, moderately priced, doesn't have to be a big room or fancy accommodations since we will be exploring the city not ordering room service. I've also thought about further downtown, Chelsea, West Village, etc. Uptown is nice but we really want the high rises and hustle/bustle of the city. Am I overlooking a great possibility outside of midtown? Thank you so much. If any of you are ever in sunny Arizona I will be sure and return the favor of suggestions!
hotel for Christmas in New York City
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need advise on route to Natchez from the coast and on my itinerary
- 2 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 3 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 4 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 5 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 6 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 7 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 8 Cape Cod
- 9 San Francisco - mid October
- 10 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 11 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 12 San Diego with Kids
- 13 Tour companies
- 14 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 15 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 16 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 17 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 18 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 19 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 20 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 21 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 22 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 23 Getting around the Big Island
- 24 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 25 best of yellowstone