I am planning a trip to NYC from around Dec. 22 to the 27th with my 14 year old son. I have been researching hotels and would like some opinions. My first choice is midtown (yes I know it's crowded, that's what I love about NYC), there's a lot in my price range but would like recommendations, moderately priced, doesn't have to be a big room or fancy accommodations since we will be exploring the city not ordering room service. I've also thought about further downtown, Chelsea, West Village, etc. Uptown is nice but we really want the high rises and hustle/bustle of the city. Am I overlooking a great possibility outside of midtown? Thank you so much. If any of you are ever in sunny Arizona I will be sure and return the favor of suggestions!
hotel for Christmas in New York City
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 11 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 12 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 13 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 14 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 15 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 18 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 First family ski trip