We are two Aussie seniors (husband and wife) arriving in New York 14th November 2014 staying 5 nights. So far having trouble agreeing on a suitable hotel for our stay. These are our requirements in the City area:
1. Queen room with air conditioning, fridge and air conditioner
2. Close to subway preferably with escalators or lift as I had a slight disability and climbing stairs is difficult. 5 to 10 min walk is ok.
3. Close to reasonably priced restaurants
4. Price preferably $1700 or under for 5 nights including taxes (recently looking at hotel 32 32 but price has now gone up to over $2000 so that's a tad too much
Hoping to visit main attractions ie Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, maybe do a Food Tour and normal attractions. Not that interested in the Theatre although may see one show.
Hotel 5 days Nov close to subway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 2 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 5 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 6 Big island itinerary
- 7 Thousand Islands
- 8 Best Destination in USA
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 12 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 13 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 14 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 15 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 16 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 18 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 19 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 20 New York City and New England
- 21 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 22 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 23 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 24 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 25 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted