We are two Aussie seniors (husband and wife) arriving in New York 14th November 2014 staying 5 nights. So far having trouble agreeing on a suitable hotel for our stay. These are our requirements in the City area:
1. Queen room with air conditioning, fridge and air conditioner
2. Close to subway preferably with escalators or lift as I had a slight disability and climbing stairs is difficult. 5 to 10 min walk is ok.
3. Close to reasonably priced restaurants
4. Price preferably $1700 or under for 5 nights including taxes (recently looking at hotel 32 32 but price has now gone up to over $2000 so that's a tad too much
Hoping to visit main attractions ie Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, maybe do a Food Tour and normal attractions. Not that interested in the Theatre although may see one show.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chiefs vs Raiders
- 2 usa roadtrip
- 3 Hawaii and...where?
- 4 DC Restaurants
- 5 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 6 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 7 How much time in Badlands?
- 8 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 9 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 10 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 11 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 12 Chicago 2017
- 13 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 14 Christmas in Colorado
- 15 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 16 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 17 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 18 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 19 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 20 Marfa/Big Bend
- 21 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 22 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 23 JFK to Washington
- 24 Phoenix for the weekend
- 25 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?