We are two Aussie seniors (husband and wife) arriving in New York 14th November 2014 staying 5 nights. So far having trouble agreeing on a suitable hotel for our stay. These are our requirements in the City area:
1. Queen room with air conditioning, fridge and air conditioner
2. Close to subway preferably with escalators or lift as I had a slight disability and climbing stairs is difficult. 5 to 10 min walk is ok.
3. Close to reasonably priced restaurants
4. Price preferably $1700 or under for 5 nights including taxes (recently looking at hotel 32 32 but price has now gone up to over $2000 so that's a tad too much
Hoping to visit main attractions ie Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, maybe do a Food Tour and normal attractions. Not that interested in the Theatre although may see one show.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Reluminize
- 2 Jazzfest side trips
- 3 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 6 Miami
- 7 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 8 Back from the Big Easy
- 9 Driving Alaska
- 10 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 11 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 12 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 13 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 14 March in New Mexico
- 15 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 16 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 17 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 18 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 19 Border crossing
- 20 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 21 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 22 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 23 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 24 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 25 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"