We are two Aussie seniors (husband and wife) arriving in New York 14th November 2014 staying 5 nights. So far having trouble agreeing on a suitable hotel for our stay. These are our requirements in the City area:
1. Queen room with air conditioning, fridge and air conditioner
2. Close to subway preferably with escalators or lift as I had a slight disability and climbing stairs is difficult. 5 to 10 min walk is ok.
3. Close to reasonably priced restaurants
4. Price preferably $1700 or under for 5 nights including taxes (recently looking at hotel 32 32 but price has now gone up to over $2000 so that's a tad too much
Hoping to visit main attractions ie Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, maybe do a Food Tour and normal attractions. Not that interested in the Theatre although may see one show.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 2 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 3 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 4 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 5 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 6 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 7 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 8 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 9 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 10 AR State Parks
- 11 California Trip
- 12 101 closure
- 13 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 14 Sonoma
- 15 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 16 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 17 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 18 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 19 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 20 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 21 Road trip around Washington DC
- 22 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 23 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 24 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 25 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?