We are two Aussie seniors (husband and wife) arriving in New York 14th November 2014 staying 5 nights. So far having trouble agreeing on a suitable hotel for our stay. These are our requirements in the City area:
1. Queen room with air conditioning, fridge and air conditioner
2. Close to subway preferably with escalators or lift as I had a slight disability and climbing stairs is difficult. 5 to 10 min walk is ok.
3. Close to reasonably priced restaurants
4. Price preferably $1700 or under for 5 nights including taxes (recently looking at hotel 32 32 but price has now gone up to over $2000 so that's a tad too much
Hoping to visit main attractions ie Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, maybe do a Food Tour and normal attractions. Not that interested in the Theatre although may see one show.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 2 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 3 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 4 Colorado Itinerary
- 5 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 6 Any Sanibel experts?
- 7 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 8 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 9 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 10 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 11 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 12 Uber boston
- 13 What is there to do on MAUI
- 14 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 15 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 16 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 17 Hawaii Help
- 18 Summer in Michigan
- 19 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 20 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 21 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 22 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 23 Rafting the Colorado
- 24 Glacier National Park
- 25 5 nights stay RMNP