We are right now at this hotel for the Labor weekend. Check in was fast but the rate did not state the rates per night only the first night, the most expensive night. The room is ok. Bench is dirty, the wall is nicked; the bathroom is very small and the second sink is outside the bathroom. The shower curtain is starting to have yellow stains. On Saturday we went out in the morning around 8:30, I said good morning to the maid and have a little friendly conversation. That turned out to be a wrong thing to do. I came back around 2:30 and the room was not clean; The maid skip my room and went to clean the other rooms; I went to ask the maid and she told she had to finish first the room she was doing then go to another room and after that she will go back to my room to clean it. I was tired and I did not want to wait who know how long for her to do it, so I only asked her for clean towels and informed her someone else had pick up the dirty ones. Today we went to the hot tub or spa. The water was not hot, but we stay there anyway and turn on the jets. When my husband stand up I notice his shorts were in a different color so was my swimming suite. His black shorts now are cherry wood color and mine is also another color. Our skin aitches and some parts of our body felt kind of burn and are irritated and we smell like we got Clorox perfume all over us. We spoke with the front desk girl, I showed her our swimming trunks and ask her to call her manager (it is Sunday) to see what he or she will do about it. Also told her if by the end of her shift I was not in the hotel please to tell next shift about the incident and to contact the manager and let me know. We arrived and the man at the front desk told us he did not know anything about it. Put a face like he did not care either and we ask him to call his manager. He says the manager will be here tomorrow. I suggested to both shifts to put a sign in the hot tub for other guest not to get in the warm tub but they did not do it. I know as a fact the man knew about the incident because every hotel has a log book where every shift has to write what is going on in the hotel. I worked in the Hotel Industry for some years. I definitely will not stay here ever and for your safty I do not recommend to any one to come here. The staff is careless. Yoly
Holiday Inn Express KC Airport
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Four days in DC
- 2 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Circle Oahu / luau
- 5 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 8 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 9 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 10 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 11 Backpacking in April
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 replica designer handbags
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 San Diego parks and attractions
- 17 Cape Cod in early April
- 18 USA with a 3 year old
- 19 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 20 united and carry-ons
- 21 Portland Maine Hotels
- 22 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 23 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 24 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 25 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool