We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Question About Sealodge
- 2 Museum of Arts and Design, NYC
- 3 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 4 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 5 Yosemite Lodging
- 6 Worst Restaurants in America
- 7 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 8 Fairbanks Alaska
- 9 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 10 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 11 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 12 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 13 Getaway
- 14 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 15 New England Skiing
- 16 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 17 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 18 Temecula Winery Tours
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 21 What's new on Maui?
- 22 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 23 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 24 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 25 Broadway choices