We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 2 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 3 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 4 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 5 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 6 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 7 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 8 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 9 Breckenridge in October
- 10 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 11 Richmond highlights?
- 12 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 15 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 16 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 17 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 18 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 19 Must Eats
- 20 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 21 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 22 Florida St George's Island
- 23 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 24 Union Square area restaurant
- 25 4 week family trip ideas