We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 searching for urban master planned community
- 2 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 3 New England September
- 4 Hawaii Group Travel
- 5 Austin Food Trucks
- 6 New York To Ashville NC
- 7 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 8 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 9 Fmpden, are you there?
- 10 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 11 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 12 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 13 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 14 Charleston Islands
- 15 Family Spring Break 2015
- 16 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 17 san diego or nearby area
- 18 Mother Daughter Trip
- 19 Favorite Lodging/Dining in Jackson Falls, WY
- 20 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 21 Best VoIP headset?
- 22 Family lodging in/near Moab?
- 23 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 24 vacation rentals near Rocky Mountain National Park
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?