We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 2 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 3 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 4 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 5 Puerto Rico need advice - La Concha Renaissance vs San Juan Marriott
- 6 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 7 Chicago trip
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 10 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 14 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 15 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 16 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 17 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 18 Santa Barbara, California
- 19 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 20 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 21 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 22 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Road Trip SW