We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
- 1 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 2 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 3 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 4 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 5 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 6 Minneapolis Hotel
- 7 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 8 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 9 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 10 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 11 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 12 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 13 Washington Wineries
- 14 Luxor Egypt
- 15 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 16 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 17 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 18 Seward to Anchorage
- 19 California, Northern
- 20 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 21 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 22 New York City Parking
- 23 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 24 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 25 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!