We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 4 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 5 best area to stay in san diego
- 6 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 9 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 10 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 11 Denver 1 day in denver
- 12 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 13 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 14 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 15 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 16 Burlington VT day trip
- 17 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 18 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 19 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 20 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 21 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 22 Vegas hotels for families
- 23 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 24 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 25 Westin Portland Harborview or Residence Inn ... another downtown hotel?