We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City-New Things?
- 2 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 3 Yes, there are coyotes in Manhattan
- 4 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 5 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 6 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 7 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 8 las vegas cabana reservations
- 9 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 10 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 11 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 12 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 13 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 14 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 15 Alaska Trip Planning
- 16 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 17 new york subway help please
- 18 Boston to see Sargent works
- 19 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 20 Pet-Friendly near I-95 N. Florida/S. Georgia for yappy dogs?
- 21 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 22 Moving out of states from Florida
- 23 Atlanta to LA
- 24 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 25 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL