We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Richmond highlights?
- 5 Broadway this week
- 6 Washington DC in Spring?
- 7 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 8 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 9 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 10 Weekend in NYC
- 11 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 12 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 13 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 14 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 15 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 16 New York, New York...
- 17 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 18 trains in Europe
- 19 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 20 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 21 USA trip
- 22 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 23 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 24 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 25 Cedar Point / Put In Bay