We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle