We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 4 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 5 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 6 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 7 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 8 san fran sightseeing
- 9 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 10 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 11 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 14 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 15 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 16 Boston in winter?
- 17 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 American Honeymoon in March
- 20 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 21 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 22 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 23 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 24 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 25 Colorado Skiing