We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 2 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 3 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 4 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 5 St. Simon, Georgia
- 6 Looking for Next Destination
- 7 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 8 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 9 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 10 West Coast Road Trip
- 11 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 12 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 13 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 14 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 15 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 16 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 17 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 18 Moving to New Jersey
- 19 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 20 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 21 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 22 California
- 23 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 24 Maui itinerary
- 25 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress