We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 5 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 6 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 7 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 8 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 9 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 10 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 11 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 12 West Maui Restaurants
- 13 San Diego Little Italy
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 16 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 17 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 Healdsburg tips
- 22 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 los angeles restaurants
- 25 Where to add a few days in Colorado?