We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 2 Cape cod and Acadia
- 3 Maine in latter half of September
- 4 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 5 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 6 Grand Marais?
- 7 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 8 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 9 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 10 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 11 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 12 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 13 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 14 Grand Teton in October
- 15 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 16 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 17 adams morgan - safety
- 18 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 19 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 20 Morning in miami
- 21 Las Vegas must sees
- 22 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 23 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 24 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 25 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming