We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 day trip
- 2 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 3 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 4 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 5 How safe would feel with the key in your front door overnight?
- 6 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 7 Maui - Haleakala
- 8 Condo Rental in Florida
- 9 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 10 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 11 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 12 planning a trip to US
- 13 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 14 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 15 Good local restaurants E30th St New York?
- 16 Waltham, MA to Boston-Logan Airport
- 17 http://testxtremefacts.com/progain-350/
- 18 Texas
- 19 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 20 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 21 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 22 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 23 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 24 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 25 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?