We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 St Patrick's renovations
- 2 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 3 The reason for choosing Anti Aging serum Is Ok Or Not?
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 6 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 7 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 8 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Dining in Manhattan
- 11 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 12 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 13 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 14 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 15 From Seattle airport to the city
- 16 General Utah planning questions
- 17 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 18 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 19 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 20 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 21 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 22 New York City Christmas Trip
- 23 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 24 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 25 Colorado Skiing