We're planning a trip to southern Utah in mid April, and want to explore some sights we've missed in previous visits, and revisit some favorites. I thought we might spend a couple of nights in the Escalante/Boulder area. We plan to drive on Highway 12 and see the amazing views along the way, hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls, and drive the Burr Trail (which we've done before - fantastic!). One other thing I'd really like to do is drive the Hole-in-the Rock Road to see the Devil's Staircase, which sounds wonderful. I hope someone can tell me - is that road passable to someone with a standard rental car, not 4W Drive? One description of the road I read said it could have a "washboard" surface, another description posted here said it was an easy drive. I'd really appreciate some advice about this. Thanks for any help!
Hole-in-the-Rock Road to Devil's Garden near Escalante, UT.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit
- 2 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 3 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 4 Whale watching
- 5 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 6 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 7 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 8 palm desert, CA
- 9 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 10 New York Trip
- 11 New York City Restaurants
- 12 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 13 Road Trip
- 14 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 15 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 16 Houston in September
- 17 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 18 Traffic north on Hwy. 1 in Maine Sat. 9/20 midday
- 19 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 20 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 21 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 22 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 23 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 25 Scouting Mt. Dora, Florida