My wife and live in LA and wanted to take the family east for a change. We did 3 days in nyc and 5 in Philly as my my wife and I both went to college in the area and had some friends we wanted to catch up with. What a great place, really nice to be back and I was surprised by how much it had changed over the years. It's really come into it's own. We stayed in Washington Square in a very cute little home on a historic street which we secured on either homeaway or vrbo I don't' remember but there were only a couple to choose from. Thats an important note to make that if you do want to stay in a house rather than hotel I suggest you book early as there are a very limited supply, and really only a couple to choose from. We walked to indepedence hall, and the liiberty bell and penns landing and did most of Old City. The kids insisted on getting a real cheesteak so we went to Pats (sorry Im partial) and were able to walk over to Rittenhouse and explore the square. We did drive out to New Hope one day which was a really nice little day trip and I would recoomend that to folks looking to get out of the city for the day. Awesome trip, philly has changed a lot over the years so if you haven't been back I would suggest it.
History, Restaurants and Cheesteaks! A Great Week In Philadelphia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 2 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 5 Colorado in the summer!
- 6 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 10 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 11 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 12 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 13 Brooklyn why?
- 14 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 15 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 16 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 17 Kennedy Space Center
- 18 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 19 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 20 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 21 5 week in US/Mexico
- 22 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 23 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 24 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint