My wife and live in LA and wanted to take the family east for a change. We did 3 days in nyc and 5 in Philly as my my wife and I both went to college in the area and had some friends we wanted to catch up with. What a great place, really nice to be back and I was surprised by how much it had changed over the years. It's really come into it's own. We stayed in Washington Square in a very cute little home on a historic street which we secured on either homeaway or vrbo I don't' remember but there were only a couple to choose from. Thats an important note to make that if you do want to stay in a house rather than hotel I suggest you book early as there are a very limited supply, and really only a couple to choose from. We walked to indepedence hall, and the liiberty bell and penns landing and did most of Old City. The kids insisted on getting a real cheesteak so we went to Pats (sorry Im partial) and were able to walk over to Rittenhouse and explore the square. We did drive out to New Hope one day which was a really nice little day trip and I would recoomend that to folks looking to get out of the city for the day. Awesome trip, philly has changed a lot over the years so if you haven't been back I would suggest it.
History, Restaurants and Cheesteaks! A Great Week In Philadelphia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 2 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 3 Oahu ideas
- 4 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 5 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 6 San Diego grocery stores
- 7 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 10 West Coast Bound End of March
- 11 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 12 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 13 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 14 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 15 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 16 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 17 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 18 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 19 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 20 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 Juneau May 8th
- 23 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 24 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles