My wife and live in LA and wanted to take the family east for a change. We did 3 days in nyc and 5 in Philly as my my wife and I both went to college in the area and had some friends we wanted to catch up with. What a great place, really nice to be back and I was surprised by how much it had changed over the years. It's really come into it's own. We stayed in Washington Square in a very cute little home on a historic street which we secured on either homeaway or vrbo I don't' remember but there were only a couple to choose from. Thats an important note to make that if you do want to stay in a house rather than hotel I suggest you book early as there are a very limited supply, and really only a couple to choose from. We walked to indepedence hall, and the liiberty bell and penns landing and did most of Old City. The kids insisted on getting a real cheesteak so we went to Pats (sorry Im partial) and were able to walk over to Rittenhouse and explore the square. We did drive out to New Hope one day which was a really nice little day trip and I would recoomend that to folks looking to get out of the city for the day. Awesome trip, philly has changed a lot over the years so if you haven't been back I would suggest it.
History, Restaurants and Cheesteaks! A Great Week In Philadelphia
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 5 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 6 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 7 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 8 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 9 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 10 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 11 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 12 West Maui Restaurants
- 13 San Diego Little Italy
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 16 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 17 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 Healdsburg tips
- 22 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 los angeles restaurants
- 25 Where to add a few days in Colorado?