I want to take my 77-year-old mother to visit her hometown of Brooklyn (she hasn't been there since the 1950s). We have to take Amtrak because she won't fly. She also hates cabs and I don't trust myself driving in New York, so I'm wondering if it's possible to hire a car and driver to be available 12 hours a day for a few days (we will probably end up staying in Manhattan). I think we're looking for a tour-guide kind of thing with someone who will stick with us. We both have mobility problems so a lot of walking or subways is out of the question. Any thoughts? (And no, I am definitely not rich; I'll have to work overtime the rest of my life to pay for this).
Hiring a car and driver in NYC and/or Brooklyn
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 2 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 3 Seafood
- 4 Boston
- 5 Road Trip SW
- 6 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 7 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 8 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 9 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 10 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 13 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 14 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 15 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 16 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 17 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 18 Boston/Salem with kids
- 19 Connecticut River Byway
- 20 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 21 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 22 San Diego farmer's markets
- 23 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 24 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 25 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?