My husband and I are planning a visit to north lake Tahoe May 18-24. I realize that it's impossible to say for sure at this point, but generally speaking, will we be able to do any day hiking during that period? I recognize that there will likely still be snow on many of the trails and the rest may be muddy, but will at least some of them be passable? We prefer day hikes in the 6-12 mile range, so if you have any specific suggestions, that would be helpful.
Hiking in Tahoe in mid to late-May?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 3 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 4 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 5 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 6 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 7 Asheville NC without a car
- 8 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 11 Myrtle Beach
- 12 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 13 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 14 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Washington DC Metro
- 20 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 21 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 22 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 23 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 24 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 25 Travel West Coast