My hubby and I would like to hike somewhere in Hawaii in May 2013. The problem is we only have 5 days once we get there. Should we stay in the mainland, go to Oahu or sowehere else? We would be interested in day hikes up to moderate difficulty. Would love to be high up in the clouds and looking thousands of feet down to crashing waves on the shore. Snorkeling and beach time is of NO interest. Also is the last week of May a good time to hike in Hawaii? Any suggestions including places to stay would be much appreciated by fellow hikers.
Hiking in Hawaii
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 5 Washington, DC to Boston
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 San Diego Trip Report
- 8 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 9 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 10 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 11 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 19 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 20 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?