My hubby and I would like to hike somewhere in Hawaii in May 2013. The problem is we only have 5 days once we get there. Should we stay in the mainland, go to Oahu or sowehere else? We would be interested in day hikes up to moderate difficulty. Would love to be high up in the clouds and looking thousands of feet down to crashing waves on the shore. Snorkeling and beach time is of NO interest. Also is the last week of May a good time to hike in Hawaii? Any suggestions including places to stay would be much appreciated by fellow hikers.
Hiking in Hawaii
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 charleston during Christmas Week
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 6 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 7 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?