We (two 50ish couples) are booked at Phantom Ranch for one night in mid-February. The more I read, the more scared I get I know it is difficult to generalize but will it be full-blown winter at that time of year and will the hiking be icy and snowy and difficult (slightly worried about falling to my death as I'm a klutz)???? Anyone hiked down in February or can anyone give me an idea of the conditions of the hike at that time of year? Thanks!
Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 4 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 5 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 8 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Timeshare Nightmares
- 12 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 13 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 14 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 15 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 16 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 17 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 18 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 19 Phoenix restaurants
- 20 5 week in US/Mexico
- 21 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 22 10 day trip to California
- 23 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 24 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 25 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco