We (two 50ish couples) are booked at Phantom Ranch for one night in mid-February. The more I read, the more scared I get I know it is difficult to generalize but will it be full-blown winter at that time of year and will the hiking be icy and snowy and difficult (slightly worried about falling to my death as I'm a klutz)???? Anyone hiked down in February or can anyone give me an idea of the conditions of the hike at that time of year? Thanks!
Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 2 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 3 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 Tour companies
- 6 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 7 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 8 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 9 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 10 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 11 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 12 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 16 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 17 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 18 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 19 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 20 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 21 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 22 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 23 Exploring Some of Oregon and Washington
- 24 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 25 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States