I'm planning a 10-day trip with my husband and my son who will be just a couple weeks shy of turning 2 on the trip. Towards the end of April, we're flying into San Francisco's SFO on a Friday and flying back home from Los Angeles' LAX the following Sunday. We'll spend the first wknd in SF hanging out with family+friends and the last wknd in LA with family+friends there. Any recommendations on things to do over these 2 weekends are welcome. During the week, we want to do the scenic Highway 1 drive going north--south. Can you give me thoughts on an itinerary that would include some amazing scenery, recommended areas to stay overnight in (and how many nights in each area), and some specific kid-friendly activities/events/stops we should definitely make time for?
We usually visit California every or every other year, but only for the weekend (usually for an occasion) and only to one or the other - SF or LA but this is the first time where we have this much time to spend between both cities and we want to plan it out so that it's a beautiful, relaxed, kid-friendly, and fun trip. All help on this itinerary is welcome and appreciated!
Highway 1 North to South 1 week with an almost 2 year old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Myrtle Beach
- 2 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 5 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 6 Colorado in the summer!
- 7 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 11 Washington DC Metro
- 12 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 13 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 16 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 17 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 18 Travel West Coast
- 19 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Wine Country Picnic
- 22 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 23 Road trip through the south
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?