I'm planning a 10-day trip with my husband and my son who will be just a couple weeks shy of turning 2 on the trip. Towards the end of April, we're flying into San Francisco's SFO on a Friday and flying back home from Los Angeles' LAX the following Sunday. We'll spend the first wknd in SF hanging out with family+friends and the last wknd in LA with family+friends there. Any recommendations on things to do over these 2 weekends are welcome. During the week, we want to do the scenic Highway 1 drive going north--south. Can you give me thoughts on an itinerary that would include some amazing scenery, recommended areas to stay overnight in (and how many nights in each area), and some specific kid-friendly activities/events/stops we should definitely make time for?
We usually visit California every or every other year, but only for the weekend (usually for an occasion) and only to one or the other - SF or LA but this is the first time where we have this much time to spend between both cities and we want to plan it out so that it's a beautiful, relaxed, kid-friendly, and fun trip. All help on this itinerary is welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Beaches in Incline Village
- 2 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 3 Coffee in Boston?
- 4 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 5 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 6 Florida vacation
- 7 Later Winter around Mobile
- 8 a short trip to san francisco
- 9 Key West luxury hotels
- 10 Change planes in Atlanta
- 11 Orlando Travel Guide – Theme Parks Not Included
- 12 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 13 Trip to USA in July
- 14 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 15 Best Place to Stay in South Beach
- 16 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 17 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 18 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 19 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 20 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 21 I95
- 22 Florida keys trip
- 23 Wine Country
- 24 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 25 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s