I'm planning a 10-day trip with my husband and my son who will be just a couple weeks shy of turning 2 on the trip. Towards the end of April, we're flying into San Francisco's SFO on a Friday and flying back home from Los Angeles' LAX the following Sunday. We'll spend the first wknd in SF hanging out with family+friends and the last wknd in LA with family+friends there. Any recommendations on things to do over these 2 weekends are welcome. During the week, we want to do the scenic Highway 1 drive going north--south. Can you give me thoughts on an itinerary that would include some amazing scenery, recommended areas to stay overnight in (and how many nights in each area), and some specific kid-friendly activities/events/stops we should definitely make time for?
We usually visit California every or every other year, but only for the weekend (usually for an occasion) and only to one or the other - SF or LA but this is the first time where we have this much time to spend between both cities and we want to plan it out so that it's a beautiful, relaxed, kid-friendly, and fun trip. All help on this itinerary is welcome and appreciated!
Highway 1 North to South 1 week with an almost 2 year old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2 USA with a 3 year old
- 3 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 4 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 11 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 14 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 15 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 16 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 17 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 20 Wedding venue in NH
- 21 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 22 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 23 San Diego parks and attractions
- 24 Alaska
- 25 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah