I'm planning a 10-day trip with my husband and my son who will be just a couple weeks shy of turning 2 on the trip. Towards the end of April, we're flying into San Francisco's SFO on a Friday and flying back home from Los Angeles' LAX the following Sunday. We'll spend the first wknd in SF hanging out with family+friends and the last wknd in LA with family+friends there. Any recommendations on things to do over these 2 weekends are welcome. During the week, we want to do the scenic Highway 1 drive going north--south. Can you give me thoughts on an itinerary that would include some amazing scenery, recommended areas to stay overnight in (and how many nights in each area), and some specific kid-friendly activities/events/stops we should definitely make time for?
We usually visit California every or every other year, but only for the weekend (usually for an occasion) and only to one or the other - SF or LA but this is the first time where we have this much time to spend between both cities and we want to plan it out so that it's a beautiful, relaxed, kid-friendly, and fun trip. All help on this itinerary is welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 2 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 3 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 4 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 5 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 6 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 7 flagstaff
- 8 San Fransisco to Seattle Drive
- 9 US Trip
- 10 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 11 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 12 Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida
- 13 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 14 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 15 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 16 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 17 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 18 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 19 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 20 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 21 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 22 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 23 Austin, Hotel
- 24 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 25 Bryce and Zion planning