I'm planning a 10-day trip with my husband and my son who will be just a couple weeks shy of turning 2 on the trip. Towards the end of April, we're flying into San Francisco's SFO on a Friday and flying back home from Los Angeles' LAX the following Sunday. We'll spend the first wknd in SF hanging out with family+friends and the last wknd in LA with family+friends there. Any recommendations on things to do over these 2 weekends are welcome. During the week, we want to do the scenic Highway 1 drive going north--south. Can you give me thoughts on an itinerary that would include some amazing scenery, recommended areas to stay overnight in (and how many nights in each area), and some specific kid-friendly activities/events/stops we should definitely make time for?
We usually visit California every or every other year, but only for the weekend (usually for an occasion) and only to one or the other - SF or LA but this is the first time where we have this much time to spend between both cities and we want to plan it out so that it's a beautiful, relaxed, kid-friendly, and fun trip. All help on this itinerary is welcome and appreciated!
Highway 1 North to South 1 week with an almost 2 year old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 middlebury vt snow
- 2 Sunnyvale to San Franisco and back
- 3 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 4 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 5 4 Nights in LA: What does our itinerary say about where we should stay?
- 6 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 7 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 8 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 9 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 10 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 11 Orlando in February
- 12 Travel from Seattle WA to Oceanside CA
- 13 Parking and Neighborhood for Miami-Dade County Auditorium
- 14 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 15 Los Angeles day trips
- 16 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 17 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 18 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 19 Orlando hotels
- 20 Sunday morning in southern Florida
- 21 Hop On Hop Off Bus Atlanta
- 22 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 23 Driving to Daytona Beach from New Jersey
- 24 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 25 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation