Staying in the Hilton Head - Savannah area for 3 days right after Christmas and wondering where it would be best to stay if we want to experience both and not waste a lot of time in the car. A friend told me the traffic on Hilton Head is terrible and you can spend an hour or so getting off the island. Is that true...even in December? Was thinking of stay on HH at a resort, but would be willing to stay in a hotel off the interstate somewhere if it would make moving between the two cities less stressful. But don't know where. Would consider a 3 or 4 star hotel. We will be on our way to Tampa, after we take a short stop in this area. Heard Savannah's historic district is not particularly safe after dark, from a different friend. Traveling with family ( hs/ college kids) so that didn't appeal. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
HH to Savannah in December - which city to stay?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?
- 2 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 3 Fancy dining
- 4 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 5 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 6 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 7 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 8 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 9 Charlotte restaurant help
- 10 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 11 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 12 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 13 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 14 Itinerary opinions
- 15 moving to florida
- 16 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 17 Alaska railroad?
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 20 culpepper
- 21 NYC Clubs for live music
- 22 Mesa Verde
- 23 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 24 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 25 Calgary to Banff