Staying in the Hilton Head - Savannah area for 3 days right after Christmas and wondering where it would be best to stay if we want to experience both and not waste a lot of time in the car. A friend told me the traffic on Hilton Head is terrible and you can spend an hour or so getting off the island. Is that true...even in December? Was thinking of stay on HH at a resort, but would be willing to stay in a hotel off the interstate somewhere if it would make moving between the two cities less stressful. But don't know where. Would consider a 3 or 4 star hotel. We will be on our way to Tampa, after we take a short stop in this area. Heard Savannah's historic district is not particularly safe after dark, from a different friend. Traveling with family ( hs/ college kids) so that didn't appeal. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
HH to Savannah in December - which city to stay?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 2 Breckenridge in October
- 3 How to dress in Vegas
- 4 Chicago Questions
- 5 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 6 USA trip
- 7 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 8 NBA tickets??
- 9 Orlando for Work
- 10 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 11 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 12 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 13 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 14 charlotte
- 15 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 16 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 17 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 18 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 19 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 20 camaro hire in waikiki
- 21 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 22 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 23 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 24 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa