Staying in the Hilton Head - Savannah area for 3 days right after Christmas and wondering where it would be best to stay if we want to experience both and not waste a lot of time in the car. A friend told me the traffic on Hilton Head is terrible and you can spend an hour or so getting off the island. Is that true...even in December? Was thinking of stay on HH at a resort, but would be willing to stay in a hotel off the interstate somewhere if it would make moving between the two cities less stressful. But don't know where. Would consider a 3 or 4 star hotel. We will be on our way to Tampa, after we take a short stop in this area. Heard Savannah's historic district is not particularly safe after dark, from a different friend. Traveling with family ( hs/ college kids) so that didn't appeal. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
HH to Savannah in December - which city to stay?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 2 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 3 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 4 Kauai Garden tours
- 5 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 6 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 7 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 8 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 9 Utah 2
- 10 Las Vegas in March
- 11 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 12 One week roundtrip LAX - Advice Please
- 13 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 14 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 15 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 16 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 17 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 18 Montana- what are must see places?
- 19 Orlando parks advice
- 20 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 21 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 22 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 23 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 24 California San Diego area lodging
- 25 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March