Staying in the Hilton Head - Savannah area for 3 days right after Christmas and wondering where it would be best to stay if we want to experience both and not waste a lot of time in the car. A friend told me the traffic on Hilton Head is terrible and you can spend an hour or so getting off the island. Is that true...even in December? Was thinking of stay on HH at a resort, but would be willing to stay in a hotel off the interstate somewhere if it would make moving between the two cities less stressful. But don't know where. Would consider a 3 or 4 star hotel. We will be on our way to Tampa, after we take a short stop in this area. Heard Savannah's historic district is not particularly safe after dark, from a different friend. Traveling with family ( hs/ college kids) so that didn't appeal. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
HH to Savannah in December - which city to stay?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 2 charleston during Christmas Week
- 3 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 4 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 5 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 6 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 7 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 8 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 9 Tipping advice
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?