Staying in the Hilton Head - Savannah area for 3 days right after Christmas and wondering where it would be best to stay if we want to experience both and not waste a lot of time in the car. A friend told me the traffic on Hilton Head is terrible and you can spend an hour or so getting off the island. Is that true...even in December? Was thinking of stay on HH at a resort, but would be willing to stay in a hotel off the interstate somewhere if it would make moving between the two cities less stressful. But don't know where. Would consider a 3 or 4 star hotel. We will be on our way to Tampa, after we take a short stop in this area. Heard Savannah's historic district is not particularly safe after dark, from a different friend. Traveling with family ( hs/ college kids) so that didn't appeal. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
HH to Savannah in December - which city to stay?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 2 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 3 Romantic destination in the US
- 4 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 5 Moving out of states from Florida
- 6 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 7 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 8 family road trip
- 9 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 10 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 11 Alaska Trip Planning
- 12 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 13 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 14 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 15 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 16 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 19 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 20 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston