Staying in the Hilton Head - Savannah area for 3 days right after Christmas and wondering where it would be best to stay if we want to experience both and not waste a lot of time in the car. A friend told me the traffic on Hilton Head is terrible and you can spend an hour or so getting off the island. Is that true...even in December? Was thinking of stay on HH at a resort, but would be willing to stay in a hotel off the interstate somewhere if it would make moving between the two cities less stressful. But don't know where. Would consider a 3 or 4 star hotel. We will be on our way to Tampa, after we take a short stop in this area. Heard Savannah's historic district is not particularly safe after dark, from a different friend. Traveling with family ( hs/ college kids) so that didn't appeal. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
HH to Savannah in December - which city to stay?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 2 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 5 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 6 Mesa Verde
- 7 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 8 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 9 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 10 ONP help
- 11 NYC Clubs for live music
- 12 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 13 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 14 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 15 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 16 Seattle Hyatts
- 17 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 18 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 19 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 20 Coastal New England Road trip
- 21 Seattle: Something Different?
- 22 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 23 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 24 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 25 Park City ideas