Staying in the Hilton Head - Savannah area for 3 days right after Christmas and wondering where it would be best to stay if we want to experience both and not waste a lot of time in the car. A friend told me the traffic on Hilton Head is terrible and you can spend an hour or so getting off the island. Is that true...even in December? Was thinking of stay on HH at a resort, but would be willing to stay in a hotel off the interstate somewhere if it would make moving between the two cities less stressful. But don't know where. Would consider a 3 or 4 star hotel. We will be on our way to Tampa, after we take a short stop in this area. Heard Savannah's historic district is not particularly safe after dark, from a different friend. Traveling with family ( hs/ college kids) so that didn't appeal. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
HH to Savannah in December - which city to stay?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 3 Christmas in TX
- 4 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 5 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 6 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 7 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 8 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 9 Ben Landa
- 10 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 11 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 12 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 13 Tucson area flooding
- 14 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 15 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 17 California
- 18 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 19 San Diego locals-can you advise?
- 20 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 21 Oregon Road Trip
- 22 Long Island Advice
- 23 Colorado aspen updates
- 24 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 25 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash