I'm not a lawyer
There are so many questions on Fodors about the recently redefined NYC law disallowing apartment rentals of fewer than 30 days. Common questions are what if it's a co-op, what if it's a condo, what if it's a townhouse, what if it's a corporate apartment, why would VRBO or Homestay or Craigslist or AirBnB allow the ads if it's not legal, etc.
I hope this link to the actual law will help clear up some things.
There are probably some legal rentals out there and of course, some people will still decide to take their chances. I hope this will give people some real useful information so they can understand why so many here keep saying "it's illegal" Ultimately everyone will decide for themselves what they want to do
here are some articles that explain things too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.facts4supplement.com/vital-test-extreme/
- 2 Visting a friend during layover
- 3 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 4 florida gulf coast
- 5 Alaska trip itinerary
- 6 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 7 Must see places around Burlington, VT
- 8 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 9 Road trip from San Diego to San Francisco with kids
- 10 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 11 Maine- Portland to Bar Habor Advice needed
- 12 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 13 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 14 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 15 Road trip advice needed please
- 16 Chicago restaurants
- 17 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 18 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 19 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 20 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 21 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 22 Newark long term parking
- 23 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 24 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 25 Help plan my trip please
Here's the actual NYC law about short term apartment rentals
I'm not a lawyer