I'm not a lawyer
There are so many questions on Fodors about the recently redefined NYC law disallowing apartment rentals of fewer than 30 days. Common questions are what if it's a co-op, what if it's a condo, what if it's a townhouse, what if it's a corporate apartment, why would VRBO or Homestay or Craigslist or AirBnB allow the ads if it's not legal, etc.
I hope this link to the actual law will help clear up some things.
There are probably some legal rentals out there and of course, some people will still decide to take their chances. I hope this will give people some real useful information so they can understand why so many here keep saying "it's illegal" Ultimately everyone will decide for themselves what they want to do
here are some articles that explain things too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://www.healthsupreviews.com/alpha-muscle-complex/
- 2 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 3 Florida with a 2 year old
- 4 Get Silky Hair with Follicle RX
- 5 Day Night Sensor Auto On & Off Switch
- 6 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 7 Automatic Night Switch sensor switch
- 8 Homestay
- 9 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 California road trip
- 12 Tony’s Locksmith Inc
- 13 IS IT SAFE TO USE?
- 14 Colorado itinerary
- 15 Oregon Coast question
- 16 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 17 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 18 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 19 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 20 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 21 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 22 Yellowstone NP planning questions
- 23 Boat Tour Suggestion in Kauai or Helicopter Instead?
- 24 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 25 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
Here's the actual NYC law about short term apartment rentals
I'm not a lawyer