It's more than a year away, but I'm getting some ideas together for a 16-day trip to the Southwest in July 2015, and could use some advice. We're from CT, and we have 2 kids who will be 15 and 11 when we travel. Want to see a good mix of parks and cities knowing full well that it will be really hot when we go. My ROUGH plan is to fly to Phoenix, spend a couple nights there, then head to Sedona for 2 nights. Would like to visit the Grand Canyon and Lake Powell after that. Not really familiar with that area, so any advice on North Rim vs. South Rim would be appreciated, and where to stay for a couple nights. Could then do a night in Kanab before spending a couple days in Zion. Would then drive west to Vegas for a night or two, then south through the desert to Palm Springs for maybe a night. Would like to finish in San Diego, then either fly home from there or drive back to Phoenix, depending on rental car rates. Trying to pack as much in as we can while keeping driving distances manageable. Would appreciate any thoughts on this especially how many nights we should spend at each stop, and suggestions for off the path stops along the way.
Help with trip to Southwest
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 rain in Kauai
- 2 Where to go in Maine?
- 3 Jersey City Parking
- 4 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint