It's more than a year away, but I'm getting some ideas together for a 16-day trip to the Southwest in July 2015, and could use some advice. We're from CT, and we have 2 kids who will be 15 and 11 when we travel. Want to see a good mix of parks and cities knowing full well that it will be really hot when we go. My ROUGH plan is to fly to Phoenix, spend a couple nights there, then head to Sedona for 2 nights. Would like to visit the Grand Canyon and Lake Powell after that. Not really familiar with that area, so any advice on North Rim vs. South Rim would be appreciated, and where to stay for a couple nights. Could then do a night in Kanab before spending a couple days in Zion. Would then drive west to Vegas for a night or two, then south through the desert to Palm Springs for maybe a night. Would like to finish in San Diego, then either fly home from there or drive back to Phoenix, depending on rental car rates. Trying to pack as much in as we can while keeping driving distances manageable. Would appreciate any thoughts on this especially how many nights we should spend at each stop, and suggestions for off the path stops along the way.
Help with trip to Southwest
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 2 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 3 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 4 California coast: April
- 5 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 6 A Week in Seattle & the Pacific NW
- 7 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 8 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 9 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 10 Road Trip
- 11 Whale watching
- 12 New York Yankee Station
- 13 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 14 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 15 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 16 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 17 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 18 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 19 September trip to Michigan
- 20 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 21 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 23 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 24 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 25 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal