It's more than a year away, but I'm getting some ideas together for a 16-day trip to the Southwest in July 2015, and could use some advice. We're from CT, and we have 2 kids who will be 15 and 11 when we travel. Want to see a good mix of parks and cities knowing full well that it will be really hot when we go. My ROUGH plan is to fly to Phoenix, spend a couple nights there, then head to Sedona for 2 nights. Would like to visit the Grand Canyon and Lake Powell after that. Not really familiar with that area, so any advice on North Rim vs. South Rim would be appreciated, and where to stay for a couple nights. Could then do a night in Kanab before spending a couple days in Zion. Would then drive west to Vegas for a night or two, then south through the desert to Palm Springs for maybe a night. Would like to finish in San Diego, then either fly home from there or drive back to Phoenix, depending on rental car rates. Trying to pack as much in as we can while keeping driving distances manageable. Would appreciate any thoughts on this especially how many nights we should spend at each stop, and suggestions for off the path stops along the way.
Help with trip to Southwest
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 3 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 4 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 5 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 6 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 7 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 8 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 9 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 10 Kennedy Space Center
- 11 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 12 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 13 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 14 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 15 5 week in US/Mexico
- 16 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 17 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 18 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 19 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 24 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 25 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???