Thanks to all the information gathered in this forum and in Fodor's Utah travel guide I have been able to pencil out an itinerary, I would like your comments and suggestions.
My husband and I will be traveling during Columbus Day week. We'll be flying from NY to Las Vegas on Sat early morning and flying out of Las Vegas on the red-eye flight a week later on saurday night.
Here is what our itinerary looks like so far:
Day 1: Arrive in Las Vegas, pick up rental car. Spend day seeing some of the sights, have a nice dinner. Go to bed early.
Day 2: Drive to Zion, about 3 1/2 hrs (Zion Lodge is booked, so we'll have to stay somewhere else nearby for 2 nights).
Take a ride in the afternoon to Kolob Canyons.
Day 3: Zion Canyon, Riverwalk/Narrows hike if possible; otherwise Emerald Ponds Trail and/or Canyon Overlook Trail.
Drive the Zion-Mt Carmel Hwy and Tunnels.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon, about 2 hrs. Stay for 2 nights.
Drive Main Park Road. Hike Navajo-Queen's Garden Combination Loop.
Day 5: Horseback tour: 1/2 day Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail.
Day 6: Drive to Moab, about 5 1/2 hrs. Stay for 2 nights.
Drive Arches Main Park Road. Maybe do a couple of the easy trails.
Day 7: Canyonlands Islands in the Sky area. Drive the park road, hike Grand View Pt and Mesa Arch Trail.
Day 8: Drive back to Las Vegas to catch late flight back to NY.
My questions are:
Is this itinerary doable? Am I packing to much in just a few days?
We are not really the athletic type, but we are not in bad shape either. How is the Narrows trail at Zion, is it realy difficult and demanding?
Would you recommend change/add/remove any hikes; or days spent in each area?
Plase help us with recommendations of things that we should not miss.
Thank you everybody for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 야마토전함 ▶ 홈피:≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 Family trip - driving from SF to LAX
- 3 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 4 Boston / VT August
- 5 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 6 Lake Champlain, VT
- 7 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 8 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 9 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 10 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 11 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 12 5 Days near Denver
- 13 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 14 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 15 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 16 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 17 Boston Ideas
- 18 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 19 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 20 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 21 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 22 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 23 4 Days in Juneau?
- 24 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 25 hotel in NYC
Help with trip itinerary: Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands