Thanks to all the information gathered in this forum and in Fodor's Utah travel guide I have been able to pencil out an itinerary, I would like your comments and suggestions.
My husband and I will be traveling during Columbus Day week. We'll be flying from NY to Las Vegas on Sat early morning and flying out of Las Vegas on the red-eye flight a week later on saurday night.
Here is what our itinerary looks like so far:
Day 1: Arrive in Las Vegas, pick up rental car. Spend day seeing some of the sights, have a nice dinner. Go to bed early.
Day 2: Drive to Zion, about 3 1/2 hrs (Zion Lodge is booked, so we'll have to stay somewhere else nearby for 2 nights).
Take a ride in the afternoon to Kolob Canyons.
Day 3: Zion Canyon, Riverwalk/Narrows hike if possible; otherwise Emerald Ponds Trail and/or Canyon Overlook Trail.
Drive the Zion-Mt Carmel Hwy and Tunnels.
Day 4: Drive to Bryce Canyon, about 2 hrs. Stay for 2 nights.
Drive Main Park Road. Hike Navajo-Queen's Garden Combination Loop.
Day 5: Horseback tour: 1/2 day Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail.
Day 6: Drive to Moab, about 5 1/2 hrs. Stay for 2 nights.
Drive Arches Main Park Road. Maybe do a couple of the easy trails.
Day 7: Canyonlands Islands in the Sky area. Drive the park road, hike Grand View Pt and Mesa Arch Trail.
Day 8: Drive back to Las Vegas to catch late flight back to NY.
My questions are:
Is this itinerary doable? Am I packing to much in just a few days?
We are not really the athletic type, but we are not in bad shape either. How is the Narrows trail at Zion, is it realy difficult and demanding?
Would you recommend change/add/remove any hikes; or days spent in each area?
Plase help us with recommendations of things that we should not miss.
Thank you everybody for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.toptryloburn.com/aviqua-anti-aging-cream/
- 2 http://www.toptryloburn.com/aviqua-anti-aging-cream/
- 3 http://www.crevalorsite.com/xplosive-vital-reviews/
- 4 Escrunchy's can you pls recommend a guide for Charleston
- 5 California/Yosemite
- 6 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 7 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 8 Road trip from MS to Bandera, TX
- 9 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 10 Uber availability on Long Island
- 11 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 12 Fall in Ozarks
- 13 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 16 Drive tour Portland to San Francisco
- 17 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 18 Fort Myers Area
- 19 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 20 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 21 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 22 San Fran
- 23 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 24 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 25 San Diego, mission valley
Help with trip itinerary: Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands