My friend and I are traveling to Colorado in mid June this year. We are flying in and out of Denver and have six days to travel. We would love help planning a road trip. We love amazing scenery, off the beaten path nature combined with fun towns with good restaurants and antique shops. Our priorities are beautiful scenery and a moderate hike or two (other things that would be fun but aren't required are a rafting or kayak trip but (but no whitewater) or horseback riding and/or night out camping). We'd love to see Mesa Verde National Park so we thought we'd do the San Juan Byway but we're not sure how many days to spend on it. Also, we'd love to combine this with a trip to New Mexico. Is this feasible? We'd love to hear your suggestions.
Help with Travel Itinerary for Southwest Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 4 united and carry-ons
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 7 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 8 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 9 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 10 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 11 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 12 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 13 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 14 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 15 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 16 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 17 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 18 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 19 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 20 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 21 Philadelphia
- 22 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 23 USA with a 3 year old
- 24 First family ski trip
- 25 NYC theatre broadway