My friend and I are traveling to Colorado in mid June this year. We are flying in and out of Denver and have six days to travel. We would love help planning a road trip. We love amazing scenery, off the beaten path nature combined with fun towns with good restaurants and antique shops. Our priorities are beautiful scenery and a moderate hike or two (other things that would be fun but aren't required are a rafting or kayak trip but (but no whitewater) or horseback riding and/or night out camping). We'd love to see Mesa Verde National Park so we thought we'd do the San Juan Byway but we're not sure how many days to spend on it. Also, we'd love to combine this with a trip to New Mexico. Is this feasible? We'd love to hear your suggestions.
Help with Travel Itinerary for Southwest Colorado
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 2 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 3 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 4 Maui vacation
- 5 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 6 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 7 Brooklyn why?
- 8 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 15 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 16 WISCONSIN
- 17 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 18 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 21 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 22 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 23 New York City Restaurants
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco