We are are a family of 5 (3 kids) from Germany and would like to spend 19 days in July in California/Utah/Arizona and we need some more help. We are interessted in nature (but not walk to much with our little boy - about 2h/day is enough), also in water - lake, river, fishing, sea (fish, whales ...) and also in cities. So we planned our route like this:
1- Flight to LA from Germany - get a car - Hotel near Airport
2- Drive to Sequoia - Night at Sequoia
3- Drive to Bakersfield or somewhere else on the way to Las Vegas
4- Drive to Las Vegas - Night in Las Vegas (Vadara Hotel oder Hilton Suites)
5- Las Vegas - Night in Las Vegas
6- Drive to Zion - Night Zion - Flanigan`s Inn
8- Drive to Page - Night Page - Hotel? (nice one near the lake)
9- Night Page
10- Night Page
11- Drive to Flagstaff - Night Flagstaff or Sedona
12- Drive Flagstaff - Lake Havasue - Hotel??
13- Drive Lake Havasue - Joshua Tree/Palm Springs - Night Palm Springs
14- Joshua Tree/Palm Springs - San Diego (Holiday home oder Hilton Downtown)
15- San Diego
16- San Diego
17- San Diego - LA - Hollywood, LA Kings Store - Hotel??
18- LA - Universal Studios
19- LA - Flight home
Now my questions.
- We are going on the second day to Sequoia - where should we stay for the first night - near Airport or should we drive already on the first day a littele bit out of LA?
- Where should we stop between Sequoia - Las Vegas? In Bakersfiled? I think is have way. But it seems to be an ugly city. Any other suggestions - Motel with nice pool or area around?
- Any suggestions for a nice hotel/motel in Page or around - as I told a pool and Lake/River... would be great for the kids.
- Where should we stop after Page in Sedona or Flagstaff?
- Where should we stop between Page and Joshua Tree (2 nights are ok). It would be great if there is a nice motel/hotel with a great pool or area (river, forest) near by, so the kids can have some fun after a long driving day. I don`t think a want to go via Oatman - I think the drive for the kids is to long. I was thinking about Lake Havasue - but i didn´t found a nice motel/hotel, so maybe somewhere else? Because of the kids a have to do a compromise between a senic drive and to got fast.
- In LA we just want to visit the Universal Studios and Walk of Fame and my son wants to got to the LA King store - should we book a hotel near the sea for a nice evening or near the studios?
Thanks a lot for helping us - it is our first time in the United States and we have so many questions, but with 3 kids this is not so easy and we want to have a nice holiday. I hope everything is unverstandable becauce ot my not so perfect english.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ TEC*h 24*7
- 2 science based six pack
- 3 Black History Museum
- 4 Chicago 2017
- 5 Another Great DC Trip
- 6 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 7 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 8 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 9 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 10 How much time in Badlands?
- 11 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 12 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 13 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 14 DC Restaurants
- 15 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 16 Short Oregon Trip
- 17 usa roadtrip
- 18 Hawaii and...where?
- 19 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 20 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 21 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 22 Christmas in Colorado
- 23 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 24 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 25 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park