We are planning a short (3 night) trip leaving from Long Island this Wednesday. We are planning to drive out to the North Fork of Long Island, stay out there Wednesday night, then take the Orient Point ferry to New London, CT first thing Thursday morning. Right now, the plan is to drive straight to Newport from New London and stay there Thursday and Friday night, returning home early Saturday. My question is, should we try to visit Block Island for the day on Friday? I don't know if it is practical to drive to Point Judith (to the ferry) from Newport and then back to Newport in the evening. The ferry from Newport directly to Block Island has stopped running for the season. Or, should we stay one night in Newport and then drive to Point Judith, take the ferry to Block Island for the day, and find somewhere else to stay around Point Judith on Friday night? Is there anything to do around that area? We would stay overnight on Block Island but I am concerned about leaving the car overnight in a ferry parking lot. Any advice would be appreciated!
Help with Newport itinerary?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Savanah Sojourn
- 2 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 3 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 4 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 5 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 6 RIP Judy Rogers
- 7 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 10 Princeville in January
- 11 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 pa to az
- 14 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 17 Yountville or Napa in February??
- 18 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 19 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 20 Hotel Survey - UCSD student
- 21 4 Day Trip to Colorado
- 22 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 23 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 24 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 25 Charlotte Area Suggestions