We are planning a short (3 night) trip leaving from Long Island this Wednesday. We are planning to drive out to the North Fork of Long Island, stay out there Wednesday night, then take the Orient Point ferry to New London, CT first thing Thursday morning. Right now, the plan is to drive straight to Newport from New London and stay there Thursday and Friday night, returning home early Saturday. My question is, should we try to visit Block Island for the day on Friday? I don't know if it is practical to drive to Point Judith (to the ferry) from Newport and then back to Newport in the evening. The ferry from Newport directly to Block Island has stopped running for the season. Or, should we stay one night in Newport and then drive to Point Judith, take the ferry to Block Island for the day, and find somewhere else to stay around Point Judith on Friday night? Is there anything to do around that area? We would stay overnight on Block Island but I am concerned about leaving the car overnight in a ferry parking lot. Any advice would be appreciated!
Help with Newport itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Family Camp in Maine
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 18 San Diego
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast