We are planning a short (3 night) trip leaving from Long Island this Wednesday. We are planning to drive out to the North Fork of Long Island, stay out there Wednesday night, then take the Orient Point ferry to New London, CT first thing Thursday morning. Right now, the plan is to drive straight to Newport from New London and stay there Thursday and Friday night, returning home early Saturday. My question is, should we try to visit Block Island for the day on Friday? I don't know if it is practical to drive to Point Judith (to the ferry) from Newport and then back to Newport in the evening. The ferry from Newport directly to Block Island has stopped running for the season. Or, should we stay one night in Newport and then drive to Point Judith, take the ferry to Block Island for the day, and find somewhere else to stay around Point Judith on Friday night? Is there anything to do around that area? We would stay overnight on Block Island but I am concerned about leaving the car overnight in a ferry parking lot. Any advice would be appreciated!
Help with Newport itinerary?
- 1 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 2 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 3 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 4 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 5 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 6 stay near newark or nyc
- 7 Cape Ann area
- 8 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 9 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 10 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 11 Kauai golf
- 12 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 13 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 14 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 15 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 16 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 17 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 18 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 19 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 Minneapolis Hotel
- 22 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 23 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 24 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 25 Driving from Seattle to San Fran