We are planning a short (3 night) trip leaving from Long Island this Wednesday. We are planning to drive out to the North Fork of Long Island, stay out there Wednesday night, then take the Orient Point ferry to New London, CT first thing Thursday morning. Right now, the plan is to drive straight to Newport from New London and stay there Thursday and Friday night, returning home early Saturday. My question is, should we try to visit Block Island for the day on Friday? I don't know if it is practical to drive to Point Judith (to the ferry) from Newport and then back to Newport in the evening. The ferry from Newport directly to Block Island has stopped running for the season. Or, should we stay one night in Newport and then drive to Point Judith, take the ferry to Block Island for the day, and find somewhere else to stay around Point Judith on Friday night? Is there anything to do around that area? We would stay overnight on Block Island but I am concerned about leaving the car overnight in a ferry parking lot. Any advice would be appreciated!
Help with Newport itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 4 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 5 Mesa Verde
- 6 Itinerary opinions
- 7 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 10 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 11 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 12 Calgary to Banff
- 13 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 14 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 15 Our perfect day in Key West
- 16 moving to florida
- 17 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 18 culpepper
- 19 2 weeks in Alaska
- 20 Pub with food in Seattle
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 23 An RV trip along the coast
- 24 NYC 1St Time
- 25 NEW YORK CITY!!!