We are planning a short (3 night) trip leaving from Long Island this Wednesday. We are planning to drive out to the North Fork of Long Island, stay out there Wednesday night, then take the Orient Point ferry to New London, CT first thing Thursday morning. Right now, the plan is to drive straight to Newport from New London and stay there Thursday and Friday night, returning home early Saturday. My question is, should we try to visit Block Island for the day on Friday? I don't know if it is practical to drive to Point Judith (to the ferry) from Newport and then back to Newport in the evening. The ferry from Newport directly to Block Island has stopped running for the season. Or, should we stay one night in Newport and then drive to Point Judith, take the ferry to Block Island for the day, and find somewhere else to stay around Point Judith on Friday night? Is there anything to do around that area? We would stay overnight on Block Island but I am concerned about leaving the car overnight in a ferry parking lot. Any advice would be appreciated!
Help with Newport itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 3 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 4 x mas
- 5 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 6 Calf trip
- 7 Trip to Niagara Falls
- 8 Key West Hotel in January
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Florida in between stop 2 days after Key Largo towards St.pete
- 11 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 12 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 13 ny ers now living in nc taking their kids to nyc for first time
- 14 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 15 Uber and Airbnb-Insurance and Credentials
- 16 Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- 17 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 18 Stopover in MIAMI
- 19 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 20 San Francisco Advice needed
- 21 Best women's dress shop north shore of Boston?
- 22 Healdsburg tips
- 23 Boston (Logan Airport) to Salem using public transportation.
- 24 Santa Fe: ATVing and Native American Dances/Festivals in December
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around